Nvidia SLI compatible ?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by blanes, Jan 11, 2012.

1. HappyCamper

HappyCamper Registered

Mike, the Nividia SLI problem reporting is more like a wish list. You put your name on it and hope it gets fixed for the next batch of beta video drivers. I guess we will see, but it has been awhile since their last WHQL or Beta release.

2. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

Thanks

How does one get on the Nvidia list requesting an update to provide SLI support rFactor2. If we do not have that, my PC will not perform nearly as well...

Mike

3. HappyCamper

HappyCamper Registered

I don't know what good multiple posts or replies will do, but you never know?

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=182679&st=200

4. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

Thanks

Ok, I posted a request for a driver to support rFactor 2 using 2 GTX460 TOP's in SLI config. We'll see...

Thanks again for the idea,

Mike

5. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

Nvidia Support?

Potential good news. I have been in contact with the Nvidia driver support team via email asking about the possibility of having a driver devloped that would support rFactor 2 SLI/non SLI. They asked me to provide them with a forum addressing this, I just provided this specifc forum..so hopefully they will review the postings here and respond here as to what they can do. We'll see, I am very pleased they showed some interest in this sim, even though it is in beta now...

Mike
    AMD Crosshair Motherboard
    Dual Processor CPU
    4 Gig of RAM
    Two GTX460 TOP cards, SLI enabled (works great with the original rFactor)

6. Werewolf88

Werewolf88 Registered

that's what developers should do, basically
    but seems like they don't really give a sh....

7. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

Well...Werewolf...

rF2 has not been released yet, I doubt Nvidia would be all that interested in producing a driver before they know for sure what they need to support.

The Nvidia rep expressed interest by asking for this forum, which I did not expect frankly, and these guys know better than most what they should do from a business viewpoint I'm sure.

rF1 works fine with SLI on my machine, I doubt they would ignor rF2 since it would showcase the quality of SLI and it would not leave them wanting in comparison to their competitors support of rF2 I would think.

I would expect them to take some time to make sure they had a mature version of rF2 to work with, before they start working this a lot..would not want to waste any time since that costs them money.

I have faith Nvidia will do what is best for their customer base...

Mike

8. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Quick Q. I have Nvidia surround over 3 monitors and both my GPU's display 99%(edit: on some tracks when in MP) usage when in rF2.... doesn't this mean that SLI is working?? (I have beta drivers BTW 295.xx) on Win7 x64 .. I don't get great FPS though.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  9. Spyder

Spyder Registered

... Photo or it didn't happen! Seriously though, if you're seeing 99% usage then SLI is working, try just using one monitor and compare your frames per second with SLI on and off. I have tried all drivers and get poor fps with SLI on single or triple monitors with my 580s but get decent frames using one monitor and a single card.

10. MrPix

MrPix Registered

oh ye of little faith Spyder...

due to the resolution and the tiny text on the screenshots, I have posted them on my own website....

OK so this was singleplayer with a small or no grid.... but still 80%+ on each GPU.... I use playclaw to capture the settings and they are on the screenshots.

Click on the piccies once there to see full size screenshots (5910x1200)... they are just too big to put on a forum, so hope I haven't bent any rules by posting a link to my site... just trying to be thoughtful to forum users.

Edit: the GPU text is just below the left wing mirror, best seen @100%, FPS is to the right of the LCD readout (Laptimes etc)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  11. Spyder

Spyder Registered

... Sorry, where does it show 99% usage?

12. StereoGamer

StereoGamer Registered

Hi Gang,

My name is Joe. I work on the 3D Vision team at NVIDIA. I'm a HUGE sim racing fan and user.

I wanted to chime in and let you know that we are aware of the issue with rFactor 2 and SLI. Rest assured that we are working with the developer to fix issues and make this sim SLI friendly as well as an amazing experience in 3D.

All the best,

Joe

13. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Great news Joe, thank you for posting that! No idea why ISI couldn't have provided that info themselves but then providing information is a serious weak point for them ...

14. MrPix

MrPix Registered

OK.... you got me with these examples ....look at the pictures on the link above... so it's 87% and 88% at Monaco on my settings....

Just for you I piped up a session at Mills and got 96%/96%.... I know it's not 99%/99%... but it's as close as I can be arsed to get ... so flame on if you like... I was trying to be helpful.... no wonder people don't help out!

View attachment 1049 see attachment for zoom on the GPU usage.... the added Mills image is on my website

15. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Fantastic news Joe, I'm looking forward to the optimisations already :)

16. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Huh? You posted a comment asking if your SLI was working properly and I gave you a simple test to find out! Using a single monitor see whether you get higher frames using SLI or using a single card, results will tell you if SLI is scaling or not... pretty simple really.

17. MrPix

MrPix Registered

But I have 3 monitors... why would I use a single one? I didn't say it was scaling properly... just working.... in fact I asked a question... why so harsh on me?

18. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

Thaks Joe

Thanks Joe, I appreciate it, and glad you enjoy racing sims as we do. Suggest you give rFactor 2 a try when it released and ready for prime time. Having some Nvidia guys in the rFactor community would be great.

Best regards, don't be a stranger..

Mike

19. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Oh man, I have 3 monitors too but at the moment I can't get a playable experience out of them because SLI doesn't work properly for me... If you're happy with your FPS with SLI then great... I think you took my first post the wrong way because I did offer you advice but whatever...

20. Rob

Rob Registered

Thanks for the update Joe, much appreciated.