Everything activated but no cars or tracks

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by F2kSel, Jan 10, 2012.

1. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Registered

Got me too....although I have Win7 your install looks(First snap) totally different to mine?

2. NobbyRacing2012

NobbyRacing2012 Registered

ok guys, yessssss ... got it ... mine is working just fine ... no problems so far ...

3. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Registered

That's Nice for you :) so glad you took the time to share that with us :rolleyes:

4. C@rbone

C@rbone Registered

Hi,

I have the same problem.
    All activate, all mods installed but when i want to play, i have this message : "No mod found or installed mod found ..."
    In the mods manager, all mod are installed ...
    There's no rfactor directory in "my document" and no user installed in the userdata dir in the rfactor directory.

5. NobbyRacing2012

open the modmanager on the rf2 luncher ...bottom right corner ... with the modmanager you click on open the folder where you downloaded the .rfm packages. Ones you did that the manager will have the mods listed ... and now you do a RIGHT mouse click on each package, a window opens and than you click in "install". this will install the package you have to do this with all 3 packages ... and that's about it ... now you can play ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  6. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Same Issues- I tried the above directions but the files arent showing in the mod manger... Windows 7

7. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

OK- I dont know bu I went theru the Mod Path one last time and it popped up idk how- But trying to installing I get this error...

[​IMG]

8. Picard

Picard Registered

And how do i do that (pc noob)

9. NobbyRacing2012

ok ... ones you have installed rf2 you click on the lunch icon ..., than you get the lunch screen ... in the bottom right hand corner : Configure Sim, Manage Mods, Host ...
    Click on Manage Mods ... ones clicked on Manage Mods the rFactor2 Mod Manager v0.91a-..... will appear ...
    than you click on little Folder icon underneath where it says File ... than you point it where you downloaded .rfm packages you have downloaded before and the software will have those package listed ... 1960s World Class Racing, All Tracks & Cars, Formula Renault 3.5 and Renault Megane Trophy ... next you click on each of those listed packages, via right mouse click and from that dropdwon menue you choose "install" and that's it ... that's how I did it and that's how it works ...

for everyone that still doesn't have those ... check here, those are the mods http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396-Downloads which you have to download first ...

btw ... I am on Windows 7 64-bit ultimate ...

I know that some of you guys have some problems getting it to run, i had at the begining as well ... but I was reading the this forum again and than I recognized what I didn't do ... and fixed it and than it worked ...

10. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

For those on windows XP, the packages folder is in the main rFactor2 folder. At least it is on mine. Just drop the extracted .rFmod files into that location (rFactor2\Packages) Once you have done that, then you can follow Nobbyracing2012's advice.

11. C@rbone

C@rbone Registered

The mods ares already installed but i have the same message when i try to lanch the game :
    "No mod found or installed mod found ..."

View attachment 430

12. NobbyRacing2012

now go and make a "right mouse click" and choose from the dropdown menue ... "install" and you will see it will extract and install the mod, you do that for each of the listed mods, just not for the "All tracks & cars ..." and that's it ...

13. NobbyRacing2012

Wrong they are still not installed ...! If they were you would be able to play now ... but as the error message says "No mod found or installed mod found ..."

14. Krunch

Krunch Registered

You can also install the mods from within the game itself. You don't have to use the mod manager to do it. However you do still need to make sure the RFMOD files are in your packages folder. If the files are there but don't show up in mod manager (or in game) then perhaps they are corrupted? Try re-downloading them.

15. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

In my case, the Mod Manager doesn't recognize the files regardless of where I put them. I am running XP SP3.

Upon the initial install of rF2, there was a folder in the rFactor2 folder named "Packages". At the suggestion of several on the board, I have sinced moved and/or copied the files to various locations on my C: drive. Regardless of where I place the files, the Mod Manager doesn't recognize the files.

When I look at the file properties in the folder where the .rfmod files are placed, the "Type of file:" shows as "TORRENT File". I have changed the "Opens with:" selection to "rFactor2 Mod Manager". The Mod Manager doesn't recognize the files.

When I open the Mod Manager from the rF2 Launcher or try to open any .rfmod file by right-clicking it and selecting "Open with" rFactor2 Mod Manager, there are no mods available to me. It's almost as if the Mod Manager thinks the files are corrupt.

I have downloaded the files using both the Bit Torrent and the uTorrent clients...

I continue to explore...

UPDATE--UPDATE--UPDATE--UPDATE

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa...

I finally found the correct files. Seems I'd been moving around the Torrent pointer files and not the down loaded .rfmod files. I am stupid!

I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Off to the races!!!

16. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

I haven't slept much recently, so this may seem like an awkward question: what's the filesize of the rfmod you're trying to install? Any rfmod will do. I just want to confirm you're trying to install the actual .rfmod files, and not the .torrent ...

17. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

Hi Luc,

Please see my updated post above... I was using the wrong files; the torrent files. Once I saw the file sizes were quite small, I realized my mistake and looked for the larger files. I was confused by the way the files are labeled and am not all that familiar with the Torrent model. All is well now!

Thanks for your help
    nc

18. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Glad you got that sorted :) .

19. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

Thank you... I am too! :cool:

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They go in the packages folder IN that folder, not just in that folder.