Framerate Stuttering

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MarcG, Jan 10, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Firstly glad I'm not the only one!

Secondly I had stuttering at Spa in the 1960s car but megane at mills was by far worse.

I'm at work now but have a few ideas from this thread and will try them later, please continue to post any fixes or ideas and maybe we can help ISI with this, thanks.

2. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Considering this, you may want to have a look here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...T500-RS-Wheel-Force-Feedback-CPU-usage-Issues

Perhaps this might help you out a bit...

3. slowpace

slowpace Registered

Thanks Scott! Updating the drivers for my T500RS fixed it. I actually remembered seeing that thread earlier and thinking I have to remember to update my drivers. Unfortunately my mind wonders around and I completely forgot about it. Should have done a forum search silly me. But thank you for the fast response.

Did a quick run at Mills with Megane and I must say it feels great! And it runs as smoothly as I would expect with my current system.

4. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

Anyone else remember the issues that especially 8800GTS 512 users had with RF1, with unusually low framerates and how the situation was vastly improved by adding a D939.dll file to RF1's core directory (it changed where vertex buffers and such like were stored and used if I recall rightly)?

No time this morning to try this, but I wil give this a go later on. The old dll may be uncompatible, but worth a try!

MSI x48c motherboard | Intel Q9300 CPU | Corsair 4GB DDR2 | Nvidia 8800GTS 512 | Integrated sound card | Fanatec 911 GT3 RS (v1) + Clubsport pedals

5. Thomas_L

Thomas_L Registered

i5 2500k @ 3 GHZ
    8 GB DDR 3
    NVIDIA GTX 570 (latest driver)
    Windows 7 64 Bit

approx. 60 FPS with the Megane on Estoril GP ... stuttering and minifreezes all the time.

6. Jay

Jay Registered

Ive also got a 9600gt and got all the same problems.
    Could run rfactor easy on full everything but this wont run above 30fps with everything on low :(

7. magicfr

magicfr Registered

got 15fps to 30fps in triple screen with 20 ai at spa.
    <==== Spec here

8. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

First time in the Megane and fames were 42 for a few corners then it starts to stutter or freeze frame but FPS remain the same. Undriveable.:(

9. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

Same here, only at Mills in the Megane and only occasional. Otherwise good, FPS is high n fine

System:

Asus P5Q B Deluxe

Intel Q8200 quad core 2.33 Ghz O/C @ 3.5 Ghz

8 gigs Dominator DDR3 1600 Ram

XFX 6970 running eyefinity @ 3840x1024

Win 7 64 Ultimate

10. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi, do you experience the stuttering on all parts of the track or just some sections? How many AI are you racing with, if any?

Do you have stuttering in the Formula Renaults, too?

Cheers, Uwe

11. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

only Mills with the Megane and from memory mostly on pitlane / pit exit and that area of track. AI does not seem to make any odds

12. hoover

hoover Registered

ok thanks, I have massive stutting at Sepang North Loop t1 / t2 and mills in the Meganes and FR35's with anything exceeding 11 AI or so, Historics OTOH are smooth as silk on those tracks. It doesn't even matter if the AI cars are visible or not, it's enough to have 19 or so of them on the track at the same time.

Strange thing is lap one is fine in the meganes (even the pile up entering t1), the stuttering in corners starts on the 2nd lap for the meganes and in turn 4 for the fr 35s. Just trying to gather some data here as I think others may be affected, too.

Cheers, Uwe

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

OK been home from work and done more testing, still getting the Stuttering mainly at Mills in the Meganes (worse in Cockpit but also in Bonnet & nose cam but not as bad) results as follows:

1) Firstly tried other tracks with the Meganes same issues although Mills does appear to be the worst.
    2) F3s cars appear fine with no Stuttering at Mills
    3) Turned off FFB
    4) Turned off Mirrors
    5) Turned off Sound
    6) Checked I had latest Logitech Profiler installed (I did)
    7) nVidia Settings for rfactor2.exe changed to as much as Appliocation COntrolled would allow, if not then set to Off or Default
    8) Native Windows resolution of 1900x1200 32-bit used for running the game
    9) All settings on low, gradually turned up to Medium
    10) No AI in Practice sessions

I cant now think of anything more to try apart from editing the PLR maybe? thats all I can think of, the FPS in general does seem to be too low with everything Off and a single car on track but I'll attack that area once the Stuttering is (hopefully) fixed.

One last thing rFactor1 has issues with latest nVidia Drivers, going back to version 266 has fixed this for others so maybe I give that a whirl, trouble is thats going back a long way and my other games wont like that!

Again, keep ideas coming, I'll be here all evening :)

14. Marcel van der Linden

Marcel van der Linden Registered

Same here. I have HD4870 i7 2600k 8gb 60gb ssd win7 64bit. playing 1680x1050.
    I have with almost everything on medium 40-50 fps. The 4 left-under options off (like someone said on forum to get more fps). aa 8X.
    on better settings i run rfactor 1 with 180-200 fps. Thats a huge diffrence. I think i need a NASA computer to run it smoothly.
    For me its not a big deal to turn off some grafics but i want to drive it smooth like rfactor 1.

15. Novis

Novis Registered

Running with graphics options maxed out I only get around 15-30 fps. Turning them down a notch and disabling a few features improved the frame rate to around 50 fps. That is according to the game... however it feels more like 5 fps. Massive stuttering! Worst with cockpit view in Megane.

Turning graphics options way further down (100+ fps) finally removes the stuttering and makes the game playable.

16. Alex Ball

Alex Ball Registered

Mine does this too, but only at Mills

17. jizwizard

jizwizard Registered

right been running msi afterburner to monitor gpu usage when stuttering happens. when it does my gpu usage drops to 40%. so the game itself is badly optimised. even when its running smooth my card will not go above 80% usage so im not maxing the card at all.

18. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

No stuttering here, instead other cars seem to move like 3 frames forward and 2 frames back, maybe AA problem?
    Game runs between 75-150fps.

Xp with 4gb ram ddr2-800, Intel CoreDuo 8400 at 3.4ghz and a Gf8800 GTS 512mb,resolution at 1280x960.

19. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

mine is stuttering aswell, ive got quad core 2.4ghz, 4gb ram and an nvidia gtx 460.

Mine runs between 30 and 50fps but i get a 15 - 20 fps drop as soon as i drive out of the garage and onto the pit lane.

20. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

I have to say im quite amazed how bad framerate is. In rf1 with maxed out settings im getting around 400fps but with this game and max settings im only getting 70-100fps, i know that still plenty but cant see that big difference in gfx quality beetween these 2 games that it would explain fps dive like that. This is DX9 game afterall.

My comp is

i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz
    Asus GTX 580 Matrix platinium
    8Gb 1600MHz ram
    Crucial M4 64Gb SSD + 1Tb seagate hdd
    Corsair AX650
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64