G25/27 horrendous rattling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mee, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

hmmm... thanks, will try that and see if it works about the ratling thing

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The rumble strip pull factor should have no effect on the rattling of the Logitech wheel, it should only change how much you are being pulled off your direction when you run over a strip. I have seen stranger things though, so by all means give it a go and let us know, but I expect that you will just not be pulled off your current direction as much. The reason is that the rattling when going over curbs is because the ffb engine is reacting based on the road surface, and the rumble strip is rough so would make the wheel move rapidly left and right, causing the rattle.

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Ok darnit I was resolved to the rattling and was having a blast just ignoring it but holy cr@p has anyone hit a rumble strip at Snetterton in an eve f2? OUCH! Now I'm worried again. Why are Snetterton rumble strips so much worse than others? Doesn't make sense. NONE of the other tacks I have driven do this so violently. Can someone explain? Bloody hell! I thought I was past this. And NO I am not going to use torque filter unless someone can explain why Ishould have to just because rumble strips on just one track. Actually might be just whatI needed to break my sim habit and get back to doing something useful with my life....

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Rumble strips are sending ffb according to their geometry or their shape. If the rumble strips at Snetterton are rougher than the other tracks, you will get more feedback from them. I have not driven over them yet, so I can't say for sure.

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Like Gearjammer says, the rumble strips and curbs are modeled geometry; part of the track. They are not canned effects.

If the the track creator makes curbs and rumblestrips from hell, there's nothing to be done about it.

Maybe send a PM to the track creator and he can make them less violent?

1 person likes this.
  6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Do you mean that "Rumble strip pull factor" still works? I though that all canned effects are out.

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Good suggestion on the request of the modder to make the rumble strips less violent Buddhatree. :)

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

But then it won't be like real life so for me that's a negative, if the rumble strips are beasts at the real track then I'd want the track maker to make the same not some "oh my wrists hurt I need fairy curbs" rubbish ;)

If people want that then why not make every track perfectly smooth!?!

Catch my drift? :)

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

But we are talking about a community-made track. What if the track maker overdid it? Not on purpose, but because of lack of data? Unless he's driven or even been to the track, what data is he using for those rumble strips?

I'm not saying it's not realistic now, I'm just saying we shouldn't just assume it is :)

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well yeah if he/she has no data so is purely guessing then thats fair enough, but if he/she is going from real data/photos/been there or whatever then I'd want them to model the curbs as they are in real life, thats what I'm getting at.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Thanks for all the help but I am going to take an rFactor 2 break. Just didn't want this to be such a big part of my life. Maybe I'll check back later or after gold if they figure it out. Thanks for all the help.

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Totally agree. If it's an axle breaker in real life, then I want it as real as possible in the game.

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I absolutely agree with you there. If the real strip is a nasty one, then by all means, make it nasty. As mentioned though, if the modder created them without any real life information on them, then it would be a good suggestion to contact them and request they do a little more research to find out what is most accurate.

Too bad those aren't made by a machine in real life that can only do them one way, would be easy to copy then heheh.

14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Ok guys pullfactor 0.0! I for myself never got pulled or pushed somewhere by a kerb. Lol... I only get a hit (bump) when attacking a bigger one... in real-life.

But what is more important to me, is there another solution to tame down the bumps and keep the weight-transfer effects? Other than filtering? I don't want to filter something, I only want to make those effects less prominent.

15. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

16. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

If the problem is the curbs and some off road surfaces then the tracks need correcting!

Following on from the above rFactor2 needs some parameter - curbs/off track - that maintains the status quo for none G25/G27 wheels that can be adjustable for the majority of us as we see fit; thus maintaining full FFB on the tarmac.

17. Kiro

Kiro Registered

True, garbage in = garbage out.
    Track makers don't spend too much time on areas that you are not supposed to be driving on, so a switch like that would be helpful considering future tracks will com from many sources but, it should definitely be limited in its effect.

18. endonesia

endonesia Registered

I do hope this gets "fixed", it's crucial to the experience of simulating driving. The rattling on my G27 is jackhammer-like and makes me want to stop driving immediately.

Right now, rF1 with realfeel is better than rF2, which is almost unfathomable.

If you made ffb priority number one, and delivered a feeling similar or better than rF + realfeel, I believe people would switch over to rF2 almost overnight. Everything else seems ready.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Long live rf1! Seriously if I had a choice I would scrap rf2 b/c rf1 rocks and I simply cannot / do not see the difference, especially after running the 1937 f1 mod which is simply better than anything I've ever experienced and cannot imagine anything better but we'll see....

Edit. Almost forgot most important part is that if rf2 didn't exist then community wouldn't be fragmented between the two sims as it is now and will only get worse especially as the have and have nots are separated from each other. If it aint't broke don't fix it. Is ISI really going to make any money on rf2 anyway. How many sim racers are out there anyway?

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

At your Controllers Settings, lower down ffb strength, till it doesnt bother wife or neighbours.

If that is not your problem, start having pushups, they help a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.