G25/27 horrendous rattling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mee, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Like u this is just my opinion but my preference is stronger ffb so I keep at one and weaker is just too weak b/c real car is so much stronger but I agree with you regarding ISI strategy but not sure how many use weak ffb.

2. Tony

Tony Registered

mm... when I say ISI have got to fix it, I do mean with the user interface & with filtering option ..& not by tampering with the force feedback itself

Here's probably the most succinct post on this subject by Michael Borda:

I will say right now the FFB is extremely direct. There's are no faked effects, so those options to adjust ripple strip settings are gone. We currently have no way to distinguish them from the normal driving surface right now. The only real way to reduce this is through the "Steering torque filter=" it won't completely eliminate the issue, some solutions for off-road may be found in time as well.

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

4. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis Registered

Any news on this guys, it's pretty unplayable with 1.00 and even if I lower it to 0.50 or sth like that I lose the wheel weight and it's not any fun anymore. Tim you plan anything about that? Rattling like that is not normal guys!

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

6. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

LOL, i don't know what some of you guy's are bitching about, i'm using a Logitech Momo Black,
    does it rattle...erm...yes it does...am i enjoying it...erm...yes i'm lovin it :D.

ISI please do not mess with the FFB, it's one of the best thankyou.

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Dude just work out like I do. All major muscle groups 15-20 reps 3 times per week. You'll be able to handle it in no time. Guaranteed.

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Hope you throw in a bit of cardio work in between those workouts :)

9. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis Registered

It it's impossible to play with that rattling, unless you live alone ;) It's kinda noisy for others and it's not enjoyable ata ll and I guess it's not me who is dissapointed from that.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You can easily quite it down, just by using sliders from wheel Properties sliders.
    If you move Spring Effect and Damper Effect as much as Overall Effects, rattling almost dissapears.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Rf2 takes care of the cardio :). Just try spark f1 on mountain forest and drive like your life depends on it. My mouth goes completely dry when I do this with AI.

12. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Hi Guys , The Rattling when i drive over Curbs is pure Horror , my PC stands in our Living Room and now i can only play when no other is in the room . My Question is , is this Possible to make a " Advanced FFB Options " like Race07/GTR Evo where i can change Seperat how strong some settings have to work ? Pls Excuse my bad English , but google Translater is more Ugly like my good old shool English : )

13. ThomasH

ThomasH Registered

Settings G25

These settings I made, have completly bettered the cars FFB for me. Now it is pure joy!
    This is intended for the F2 car only. The multipler enhances the effect and the filtering tones the spikes down. Should work with other cars, just set the multipler to 1, or what feels best.

With more filtering it gets smoother, but less detailed. I found 10 to be a good compromise.

Force feedback settings G25:

Controller.ini :
    [ Force Feedback ]
    Off-road multiplier="0.00500"
    Steering torque filter="10"
    Steering resistance type="1"

Logitech Control panel:
    General 101%
    Spring 101%
    Damping 101%
    Centering spring disabled
    Allow game to adjust settings enabled

(Very important)
    In Game controller settings:
    Car specific FFB Mult: 2.50

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. hcrockso

hcrockso Registered

With this rattling the game is unplayable to me.. ISI has to fix it! Don't lower the FFB strenght just add an option like environmental effects, or lower the off track feb effects.. I just tried the F2 mod and I went off track and the rattling was unbearable and after that my G27 went out off calibration every time. After that i had to dissemble my G27 to fix it by tightening the screws on the motor that worked itself loose.. I won't be opening the game again until it get fixed.. It will really break my wheel. If it won't be fixed I'll ask for my money back!

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I don't think that is possible... you are refering to settings for canned effects, which was in rF 1 and other ISI engine (of that generation) based sims. Currently rF 2 generates FFB in a similar way RealFeel does - whatever comes at steering rack, the engine push that to your steering wheel. That means, forces come from tyres, then goes through suspension geometry and are read out at steering rack.
    Yes, in theory that might be possible to define, what influence have all those sections but to be honest, I'm not really convinced about that idea.

16. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Thx , thats helps a lot . But i set Car specific FFB Multi at 0.50 . MfG

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Wus

18. nuggetr

nuggetr Registered

If it won't be fixed I'll ask for my money back!
    +1

19. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The FFB is not broken, it is just unfiltered so there is nothing to fix. However they have said that they will be adding adjustments in the UI for filtering the FFB for those that are experiencing issues with it being too heavy.

20. Jux

Jux Registered

This is very good news!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.