G25/27 horrendous rattling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mee, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

GT3 v forza wheel?

2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Im going for the T500 upgrade from a DFGT, just waiting for the delivery next week hopefully. looking forward to it, ive herd good things. :)

3. monkmachine

monkmachine Registered

I've just gone for the GT3, awaiting delivery... :D

4. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

In addition to any “slop” in the meshing of the gears there is a FFB deadzone. Searching waaaay back in another old G27 complaint thread I found this:

So add this to a gear mesh problem and I’d say yeah the G27 has real problems. Maybe not obsolete but inferior if the FFB from a bumpy road tries to induce quick L and R oscilations. But not if you only drive roads as smooth as a billiard table.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yep, it cost me 270 euros if I remember well, you got me into thinking now, trying to resist it though :p
    Thanks for info Mike :)

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Or you could just get this: http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_e...d=100&osCsid=18132c61aa18ed98d6517d260a83eccf and keep your pedals and shifter.

Then just get a Bodnar cable for your shifter to make it standalone :D

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/G25-G27-shifter/

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Hey Mike, you wouldnt want to talk with the wife about this?

hmm, I knew you wouldnt...

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

LOL *hides* :cool:

1 person likes this.
  9. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

Think I'm gonna bite the bullet and change my G27 for a CSW setup with F1 rim, CSPv2's and Thrustmaster shifter.
    Might get either the Rennsport wheelstand v2 or the GT Omega? Dunno if the Rennsport is sturdy enough for the CSW? Also dunno if the upright bar on the rennsport will get in the way of your legs?

Won't bother with the M3 wheel as it's too heavy and impairs FFB performance so will wait for a lighter stripped down wheel, hopefully they bring out a lotus 49 replica or something similar :)

Lot of moola but you get what you pay for I guess :D

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

For some, perhaps many, the option to buy a new wheel is a non-issue as money can be very tight and justifying the expense of a new wheel when we already have a working one is not an option. It would be impossible to recover enough money from the sale of the current wheel in order to purchase a new one, so we will have to settle for the reduced forces and a little bit more input lag than the guys with the newer wheels.

Had I known about how the different wheels function about 8 months ago, I would have gone with a different wheel, but alas hind sight is 20/20 hehe.

11. Kinsman

Kinsman Registered

HI GUYS!

Today I spent most of the day re-configuring rFactor 2's force feedback setup.

I think I've found a good compromise between feeling how the car handles and having your wheel explode or your arms ripped out.

I made two files:

KINSMAN'S FEEL THE FORCE (C) Feedback Settings for G25/G27 - LIGHT
    http://www.mediafire.com/?g9h5b0ecdphqafq

KINSMAN'S FEEL THE FORCE (C) Feedback Settings for G25/G27 - MEDIUM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?r6y5o8ye3z0bylx

Now I'm not going to FORCE FEEDBACK (excuse the pun) but of course I would appreciate some if anyone has anything to add/offer.

Please note that each file requires a different recommended in-game force feedback setting to work as desired.

Good luck with it and I hope it works well for you.

12. stonec

stonec Registered

Kinsman, thanks for the configs. Both of these, however, still produce unacceptable amount of rattling for my G27 when driving at Sepang with the Formula Masters car. The only way I can achieve anywhere close to a silent result is by using a steering torque filter > 10 (or Skip updates > 10, which efficiently does the same thing). Having either of these settings above 10 results in an unacceptable amount of latency though for proper use of the force feedback.

It's a shame that ISI didn't include some of the rFactor 1 FFB options, such as the ability to adjust the number of effects in the FFB or the rumble strip factors. Now there is no way to fine tune any effect separately other than muffling them all.

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

BTW my the first wheel was Guillemot FF Racing Wheel (with Ferrari Logo). This wheel was belt-driven. And it was 12 years ago. Really nothing new with this technology.

14. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

Still have one somewhere in the house, rubber is almost gone where i hold my hands.
    FFB was quite crappy compared to my G25.

15. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

I was thinking of buying a CSR elite in the near future, but when it has the same issue as the G25/G27.
    It won't really get much better, as in less noisy.

Might have something to do that both the CSR elite and the G25/27 have dual motors.
    Where all the wheels that have no problems just have a single motor.
    The belt on the CSR Elite is so tight, damping from the belt is probably close to none, just like gears.

Did anybody have the luxury to try rF2 on a direct drive servo steering wheel?

16. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Yes, I remember that using gears instead of belt was billed as an improvement. At least it improved "notchiness" and was quieter. I was quite happy when I got my G27. And remained so right up until rF2.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That was my first 'real' wheel. That wasn't older than 12 years? I had a Mansell branded wheel (Speed 3, Logic 3 or something?) on Amiga, and a bunch of others before it, but that was my first FF.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Well I`m a G25 user but I`d hate if the ffb in rf2 was changed as I think, despite the problems I have with it atm, that rf2`s ffb is amazing and I hope it`s left like it is.

Btw... I`m saying that knowing that I won`t be able to change my wheel for a considerable time so therefor I`m not saying it because I`ll be getting a belt driven wheel tomorrow...

Good point here too... min. ;)

19. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Sorry to just jump in without having read all that has been posted but is there anyone else here who like me just lives with it and isn't bothered by it anymore?

This is not a "get over it" post.

20. Jos

Jos Registered

I live with it, and i hope it breaks so I can buy a t500 :D

Lets crank up that FFB muhaha...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.