rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Have you edited the Horizon/straightened out the downward facing camera angle of the view?

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thats the problem, but trust me, if you can afford to get 2 more monitors then that will change that :).

Also, if ISI stopped listening to so many peoples bitching about camera shake, head shake etc. and introduced a bit of shaking/vibration etc back into it then it would also seem alot more fast, visceral and violent.

Yes people, I know in real life you can "lock on" to an object, but your peripheral view and everything else is still vibrating and shaking like mad, and the shaking and vibrating in-game is wayyyyyyyyyy more of a realistic overall experience, despite the fact that you cant really lock onto an object, but if it literally makes you sick then thats totally understandable why you would want it off.

Until we all have motion sims to vibrate and bounce around our vision, then this is what we should live with for a more true experience, yes its not 100% accurate as you cant "lock on", but completely removing it is completely totally 100% IN-ACCURATE.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I do not believe my pc could handle three screens :s

4. argo0

argo0 Registered

Yeah, I've got the seat pitch at 5.5 in my .plr. I much prefer it like this.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup, wayyyy more realistic. I have been saying it for ages, no idea why every sim has the view pointed down staring downwards, completely retarded.

6. Tony

Tony Registered

Humans have - almost - 180 deg horizontal FOV, which is amazing, almost like a fish lol

Therefore I think Wajdi's vids are more realisitic to what the corners of your eyes can - & are - observing in real life.. maybe you don't see the whole of the side window, but you'd certainly be seeing the front-half of it, but your brain filters it out as it is focused almost entirely of what's going on in front..

We find constantly in our league races that the sim-induced lack of awareness of the car beside you leads to unintentional contact, particularly when using 1 monitor :rolleyes:

7. argo0

argo0 Registered

Hi Tony, thanks for your views.

In my opinion, most contact is avoidable if you're any good. In the last video I posted, Corvettes at Croft, the last guy I overtake is a red and black car. I overtook him on the inside of a right hander leaving plenty of room in the corner and for a while after the corner. I treated the track as if it had at least 2 lanes. When I saw him in my rear view, I knew I had him and was able to get back on racing line. This racing etiquette had cost me some time, but was worth it because racing fairly is so important to me. If I'm any doubt at all whether someone is alongside or not, and this isn't very often due to the steps I take to avoid being in doubt, I leave room for them.

I also have my glance angle increased so I can see to the side of me as far as the back of my car. Also the glance rate is increased so I can do this in a fraction of a second.

Anyone can claim to be a good sim racer, I know, but if rFactor 2 had safety ratings, I'd be near the top of the list. I would suggest that anyone using a 'realistic' (subjective term, I know) FOV who has a lot of unnecessary contact has not prioritised racing etiquette like I have. I've been sim racing online only since rF2 came out and I've been invited to join 4 different leagues already on the strength of my considerate driving. Also, racing offline for so long against the crazy AI we mostly have to put up with has stood me in good stead when it comes to avoiding contact.

Contact is almost exclusively about attitude, respect, awareness and ability in my experience. Low FOV is NOT a danger if you can fulfill the same criteria as I routinely do.

8. Tony

Tony Registered

That's a tidy piece of driving argoO ..you'd like our league :D

9. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks Tony, F1-S-R is it? Weren't you guys responsible for those brilliant F1 mods for rF1?

Edit : I just checked your website, it was you guys. Man, I had a great time with the '91 mod on the '92 track pack. Sublime.

10. Golanv

Golanv Registered

11. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

AW: rfactor 2 beta video's

Cant See anything thats for rF2 in that video. All rF1 ;)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

12. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Yep, but its coming. (WIP)

13. mike0907

mike0907 Registered

This looks amazing!
    I hope to see this on rFactor 2 one day! :)

14. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

New online race hotlap :D not the best... in the previous championship I think some drivers reached 1:09

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Remember me? I'm that guy that said he couldn't get into Nords. That was before you guys helped me to better understand it and how to enjoy it AND BEFORE I TOOK THE SPARK F1 ON IT!! Holy moly! Now I can't race anything else.

For the record I tried to do video from behind me so you could see my real life wheel impact but got frustrated with that so then I decided to view wheel and hands and that was wayyyyy to distracting so then I selected to view wheel only which was still distracting but the best compromise I could manage.

It's really amazing how people race with wheel on screen. If you do this, please try without it and I bet you concentrate better.

Anyway, enjoy and anyone out there who thinks 60s F1 is too hard think again! If I can do it you can do it. Enjoy!

Edit: Forgot to add my settings. Stock setup other than 3 clicks up on front/rear ride height. Full tank of gas. Clutch + h-shifter.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

FOV

While I will say each to their own preference I am with you on FOV argo.
    The immersion and realism go up (as well as my driving accuracy and feel of the car) when using a narrower FOV. The F2 laps at Monza look perfect from a drivers POV.

17. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

great racing guys

18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Great video Kknorpp001, very enjoyed watching it. Spark F1 and Nordschleife is probably THE challenge!

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Thanks! Glad you liked it. Had a server up today and 4 or 5 guys joined. Cookie even pushed me to a personal best of 8:43. Thanks, Cookie!

20. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.