rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiel

Spiel Registered

ISI Formula Masters @ Spa Francorchamps 0.86 (love this track:eek:)

2. raekwon

raekwon Registered

did you take eau rouge flat out? i tried several times (drs off) but the car slips away... in real f1 they take this corner with drs on at almost 300kmh...

to be able to make this corner in rf2 i have to lift my foot from gas...

3. Spiel

Spiel Registered

I think that this video could help you :D

4. raekwon

raekwon Registered

;) perfect! so its not my problem...

5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Well, except that DRS has never been allowed in eau rouge..... (for safety reasons, just like the tunnel of monaco btw).

Besides, it hasn't allways been flat out anyway, just ask Jacques Villeneuve, and Ricardo Zonta, who found it a good idea to destroy both of the BAR cars during qualifying ;) and that was 1999. It's just that the cars started generating more and more downforce, making corners like this easier (and overtaking harder)

6. argo0

argo0 Registered

First of all, sorry for the video quality. I was using Fraps to record a replay, and it's the first time I've done anything like this with Youtube and Fraps and all that caper.
    Anyway, I'm going to turn all preachy now and try to focus a few peoples attention on FOV's. Why do I see so many videos where people are using the most accurate racing sim with what appear to me to be extremely inaccurate FOVs and Seat positions? Open wheeler videos with what appear to be 10 foot tall drivers looking downwards at their 6 foot long arms. F1 drivers see mostly just the sky going through Eau Rouge. With some of these videos, you could probably see round the next three corners because they're so zoomed out!
    And tin tops videos where you can see most of the side window ON THE SCREEN IN FRONT OF YOU! Does that not strike anyone as odd when they're racing!
    Its also arguably an unfair advantage to use these zoomed out FOVs.
    Anyway, enough of that possibly tedious rant. Try to enjoy whats probably the worst quality video in this thread! Any tips on recording rFactor most welcome please.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Try Bandicam (do not have experience on that but I have seen many using it).

I can not drive with such a low FOV. It seems like slow motion is on :p

8. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for the Bandicam tip mate. I'll look into it.

Also, at no stage during that lap of Spa did I get a sensation of slowness! I assure you!

Personally, I want to feel like I'm in a real car. Our screens have limitations, mine's a 32" Sony. So I sit in my playseat, and that's the drivers seat of a real car as far as I'm concerned. So what I want to see in the 32" window of vision that my TV provides is what I would see if I was in a real Corvette and had a 32" window of vision in front of me, more or less where my TV is . Otherwise, whats the point?

When I view these videos and see that users are happy that their FOV shows them that F1 front wheels are 2 feet apart and that their big GT cars are 4 feet wide, I just don't understand it, Their cars don't look like cars, and their corners and hills don't look like corners and hills. And yet people ARE bothered when a livery is a few inches out of position. Its bizzare.

Here's my F2 at Monza, again apologies for the preaching and the poor video.

9. raekwon

raekwon Registered

f1 2011 and 2012 was flat out for sure...2010 too i think... but you're right was without drs...

10. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1 2 argo

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

In 2010 even with f-duct on. I remember Kubica talking about taking Eau Rouge one handed because he was covering f-duct hole with his left hand.

However F1 will never reach 2008 level of downforce.

I remember Eau Rouge being flatout since around 2001-2002. However only top cars could do it. Since 2003-2004 I remember every car could do it.

12. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

One more from Monza :eek: this video is a race hotlap with Megane Trophy with a time of 1:51.003 (sorry for the video mistake, I wrote 1:50.003 :mad:)

This isn't the better time, this drive has also the absolute hotlap in this event with 1:50.593, I think too fast.

13. RustyM

RustyM Registered

14. clockit

clockit Registered

My first time using Fraps, so only 30 seconds, even then the original video was 1.89GB (and that was half size)! This was quickly edited in MovieMaker to get the filesize down.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
  15. eduardorpavin

eduardorpavin Registered

16. Dylan Vd Berg

Dylan Vd Berg Registered

My First lap around Modern Spa in rFactor 2 ( Filmed Live )
    Graphic settings = Ultra
    Track = Green
    Setup = Custom

17. Duvel

Duvel Registered

I fully agree with you, but sadly many do not, they just use silly FOV's left over from when they played arcade racers, so stick with that.

18. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I disagree, as a driver u need to be able to see mirrors, i mean the actual mirrors not just the stuff you can set to have it at the top of the screen. So if you need to scale it down - its sad buts thats the price for playing on computer. I need to see into corner and Argos FOV doest really let you.
    Of course the most realistic would have massive screen or a projector (which is actually pretty awesome) but not all of us can afford to spend such money obviously.

19. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Last video before release.

Small tweaks and improvements are still needed, but it shouldn't take too long :)

20. Miro

Miro Registered

Feels3, video is private. Can't watch it :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.