rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Better point of view :D this is really at eye high

2. tjc

tjc Registered

That`s a very interesting vid Esteve Rueda... cam inside the helmet, cool.

I suppose this something that will be different in real life for some drivers as driver height is bound to come into it a bit...

Personally I like to try and get things as realistic as possible when driving but I find the only way I can get things looking how I`d imagine they`d look from the cockpit of a formula car is by using the free cam and altering it that way to give a more "flat" look from the cockpit, looking just over the top of the steering wheel.

I hope/wish that ISI will either alter the default driving view (cockpit) or allow it to be altered by the user to get a more "flat" view without having to use the free cam. :)

3. Paul Loatman

Paul Loatman Registered

Yeah, that view in the video isn't what the driver sees, it looks like the camera is mounted on his helmet just above his visor. The older cars were much better as far as visibility goes, but when you think of what would happen if you flipped, you would probably prefer a slightly worse view over your head coming off.

The default FOV in rFactor is another thing that's annoying, i have to turn it down to 35 to feel like it's realistic. In the replay, i wish there was a way to adjust the zoom or something, because i turn the FOV down as much as i can without completely removing the driver and front wheels out of view, but it's still not quite enough.

4. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Well, you do understand that the fov should be diffrent for everybody? I dont run my rf2 with same screen and distance and so on.

You need to figure it out ur self!

5. Paul Loatman

Paul Loatman Registered

Sorry, i didn't mean the default setting for the FOV, i meant the default range i guess. It only goes down to 35 and that's not completely accurate for most normal screens.

Obviously when you're playing, you may have a wide projector screen, or multi-monitor setup, but when in the replay, if you're recording it for youtube or whatever, then you want it to be in a normal aspect ratio (most likely 16:9) so that people can watch it without it looking like it's telescopic or something. However, it only goes down to 35 and that's not low enough, it needs to go much lower for it to look accurate on a normal aspect ratio screen. It would also be good to be able to zoom out, because by the time you bring the FOV down to even 35, most of the image is out of screen, so zooming the screen out would allow you to see more of the image on screen. This is also a problem for people who not only record replays but also play with a normal aspect ratio.

6. dragon

dragon Registered

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

in rF2???

The FOV was changed a few builds ago and now goes all the way down to 10.

8. Paul Loatman

Paul Loatman Registered

Wow, i didn't even realize that. I tried when i first got the beta but didn't realize this was changed. Well, i guess that's not really a problem then.

9. lazaro1717

lazaro1717 Registered

Some videos of the F2

Race

10. lazaro1717

lazaro1717 Registered

11. lazaro1717

lazaro1717 Registered

12. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

Here is a video i made of my 1st day modding in rF2.
    also using 3Dsimed 3 Beta for converting over from rF1.
    i have only had this for 24 hours so, it's got a 20 day time limit on the free test,
    so i'm trying to make as much use as i can with it...lol
    still need to sort out the shader thing, as i'm told 3Dsimed 3 can do this.
    anyway, here is my Shifter kart, and Suzuka South Course kart track test.
    Track was made using BTB.

PS.. I'm still learning how to use Fraps correctly,
    i'm having to use Movie maker to convert the video to something smaller.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Correct me if i am wrong, but paul, if you lower your fov but then zoom out im pretty sure that will be increasing your fov again...

14. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

With lower fov the speed sensitivity decreases a lot to me.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You will be doing AC stuff??? You have access to it or something???

16. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Afraid not, no. I mean the tech preview that is on the way soon and the release of the sim itself. It's gonna keep me busy for a few months, which will hopefully mean rF2 has time to mature with new content whilst racing AC for those few months

17. Paul Loatman

Paul Loatman Registered

No, FOV and zoom are two different things in the game, or at least it should be, it would be really annoying if the game replicated something like a camera lense, which can affect FOV by zooming. In the game, however, zoom should be the equivalent of pushing your seat back, the FOV would stay the same, but you would get a larger view of the image. Kind of like increasing your screen resolution, but maintaining the same aspect ratio.

The problem i've found now that i can actually lower the FOV below 35, is that my screen is just too freaking small. I'm thinking of a curved 180* projection screen in the future.

18. Roadster

Roadster Registered

Nice vids guys! :cool:

I hadn't played for a while so I went on to do some practice laps in the F2 on Sebring.

I ran wide off the line into the braking area, realizing this wasn't the best approach to the corner, but didn't expected this....that kerb kicked my butt! :D

(damage off)

(sry for the resolution. I don't know if a (aborted) practice session saves my replays so I can ever find it again. That's why I just rewind and start recording in-game when this happens)

19. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

what I've found

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh this has happened to me too with the 2012 F2 at Sebring...This screenie shows the first time it happened. I was just driving along, the same as you were and ran a little wide onto the curb and... bang!

Hopefully something ISI will fix up or is it more likely to be a track thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.