rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

30 AI Race 1 lap Belgium 67.
    Great crash around 2.44 mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  2. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice. :cool:

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

They've said that at least the rubber buildup is fudged at this point, but in the future it will be based solely on what the tyre model is doing.

4. Tolik

Tolik Registered

this is bloody great !!! Just amazing, FONismo !!! Looks more like a movie then a video game :cool:

GREAT!!!

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  6. Tom Endres

Tom Endres Registered

7. Boxorman8

Boxorman8 Registered

Can't stand roof riding, does my head in, why would u choose anything but cockpit ? not trying to start a fight just wanna know.

Also your loadingscreen looks nothing like mine, whatsup with that?

8. LorenzoPR

LorenzoPR Registered

My first rFactor 2 video. Just some laps at Mid-Ohio with formula ISI. Hope you enjoy it!

9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

One thing I like about Nissan is that this car really loves it when you push hard.
    If you get it properly into corner, you will be able to get on power early and it will just bite into road and hold on :)

At 0:51 and 1:13 it looks like car is about to spin, but it's still perfectly controllable (as long as you don't overdo it).

Lap time 1:16.7 for what it's worth.

A few overshot corners, few wheel locks and a little countersteering - maybe not the best lap ever, but at least I was pushing ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  10. Tom Endres

Tom Endres Registered

I've gotten used to it but it's looking quite odd since you can see parts of the roof in rF2 - unlike GT5 etc. The menu hasn't been altered, I've installed some custom tracks but that's pretty much it.

11. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Really cool combo, track is perfect for the car, Trees aside i think it also looks quite good. Would of posted a race but the sounds are too buggy right now. Mirrors need some serious work in the car, looks really ugly but man that sound!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
  12. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Botniaring whoo!

13. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Renault Clio right? (since there is a renault logo in the car, and it is clearly not the megane ;) ) Looks cool, can't wait until ISI releases the Clio :)

And track is Botniaring. Didn't recognise it at first, just when I saw the trackmap ;)
    nice vid, and indeed nice sound of that car :D

14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes Clio Cup :)

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice mate... looking forward to the Clio`s too. :)

16. daWave

daWave Registered

To me this is by far the most realistic looking simracing video, really hard to judge if its a game or not. Again, excellent work on this ..Nismo!

I would really love to see ISI aim for such level of HDR and overall color and graphic-settings.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I agree one of the most realistc in terms of colouring, "sense of real life" etc. such a nice video to watch. FONismo has some real talent (in terms of driving too!).

Id also like to add the following video, its by Paul Loatman, hes here on the forums aswell.

In terms of the actual pure steering wheel movement/driving this is one of the most realistic looking vids ive seen in my entire life. I know I posted it before, but I just had to re-post it, sorry fprum moderators.

No other video Ive seen looks like this in terms of actual in game (not a real life video of you) steering. Looks soooooo real. Way too many peoples steering (on ingame videos atleast) seem wayyyy too smooth, easy going, serene almost like they have their ffb wayyyyy to low, but MAN! The steering wheel movements, correcting, tiny little left right movments as if the wheel is alive, man it looks soooooooooooooooo life like and RAW.

Other than my own experiences with the game, its videos just like THAT, that make me question and wonder about the opinions of some of the people who say the physics are bad, the back end is uncontrollable and impossible to feel, the back end will kill you without warning, etc etc etc. hmmm................

Paul, bloody marvellous buddy, bloody marvellous.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  18. FONismo

FONismo Registered

The difference you can see there between mine and Pauls is how much more aggressive Paul could drive with wheel movement. My video was done at the start when the F3.5 was an animal and required nursing round the track and smooth non aggressive driving, you really had to feather the throttle and required slow and not sudden wheel movment. where as Paul could attack the track and wheel properly with the newer build. Shows good improvements by ISI with the physics. You can see how much it kept stepping out on the older build out of the slow turns.

I was having to downshift to 1st just to get the front end in for a few turns as the car was full of understeer on entry back then and copious amounts of oversteer on exit. It was a real Frankenstein car

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  19. Domi

Domi Registered

Yeah, but then your FFB will be saturated as hell if you want strong FFB effects, and you won't notice the difference between hitting a high kerb and going over a very small bump. Current wheels are way weak to simulate the real thing.

20. FONismo

FONismo Registered

This is very true, i have as little FFB strength as i can get away with tbh. I don't like the canned feel of strong FFB and i like to be able to feel the difference in each effect. Strong FFB normally hides these smaller effects. I always found the FFB in Race07 and GTR Evo extremely canned in feel in comparison to a really well set Real Feel mod and some Leo combined

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.