rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thanks mate but i don't think i can work it out. Maybe my firewall is blocking it, i don't know. It's not something i have experience with tbh and i'm not comfortable playing with firewalls as i don't know what i'm doing.

The link below anyway, see if it works

http://www.mediafire.com/?6am3kjzp3w8q2hg

2. Raph4

Raph4 Registered

FaceTrackNoIR quick-test

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thought this may excite some of what is to come for rF2. I was asked to do this video for the group and while it's rF1 footage, i think the models even in rF1 will have you dribbling, let alone what they look like in rF2.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
  4. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Looking good, thanks for posting. :)

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

nothing to be proud. It rather means that rF2 looks same as rF1.
    You can get models from rF2, put into rF1 and they will look same or even better.

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Then you completely failed to see the purpose of this video - it's a trailer for upcoming mod, not some drooling over rF1/rF2 graphics.

I liked this trailer - good shots and pacing. I also like the fact that mod teams are working hard to bring us new content. This mod is built by MAK-Corp from scratch.

By the way - video says it's "rFactor closed beta" - I find it to be a poor choice of words :) Someone may think it's "rFactor beta", not "beta version of mod" for rFactor. Some may even think it's "rFactor 2 beta" footage :)

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes, good spot but unfortunately it was too late to correct by the time we had realised it didn't make sense. I think the majority who view it will know what it means anyhow.

Regarding Maxys comment, i was half expecting something like that anyway but all i will say is these models are simply jawdropping, i mean really really good. I posted it to show that there are good things on the way for rF2. It's not all doom and gloom

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yep, trailer done with rF1. Is there a reason to post it into rF2 beta video thread?
    models are great indeed. however the same comment might be posted when contributing this vid into rF1 video thread. I hope we will not start to post other rF1 videos here, showing potential rF2 stuff ;)

BTW, when ISI was releasing BMW1 mod, there was the video released, showing rain effects, in-road reflections etc. I think it was one of reasons why we all though it is rF2 under development. Anyone know what technology has been utilized to make this video?

9. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

I'm not sure including a clip of an F1 car flipping over after riding a kerb (1:38) was a good idea even if it's a beta, certainly makes you wonder why it's taken nearly 4 years to get to this stage and the physics haven't been sorted yet.

10. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Man,sure is some hard to please people on here.

FONismo brilliant vid mate nice to see there are still some good things to come for rf1 let alone rf2!
    Well done mate your a star,a video star!

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

as stated like 4 times already that last video is all rfactor 1, not 2. On top of that the guy could have some physics stuff wrong, doesnt mean the game/physics engine sucks

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I think he is digging at Mak Corp mate rather than the sim. It's to be expected, it happens all the time with MAK-Corp, some just have a real chip on their shoulder. People just can't let things go sometimes, best to ignore people like that hence not replying to him and also it's not my problem. I just did a favour for Petros and the team as i have huge respect for their work and the fact they build stuff that is of such HQ and from scratch. Not sure anyway how you can pass judgement on physics from one clip, i could post a clip right now of an F1 car doing that in real life. Rememeber Hill and Schumi all those years back when Hill dived up the inside and flipped Schumi. But what is the point, it's not my beef and as said it was purely posted to show what is coming

13. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

I've never seen a modern F1 car flip over from just clipping a kerb, I am also aware it's showing rF1.
    As for having a chip on my shoulder and bashing MMG, well feel free to find any posts anywhere that I've done that in, the mod was started nearly 4 years ago and is now in closed beta so I would hope the physics have had time spent on them.
    in my opinion an F1 car should not behave like that over kerbs, ignore it agree with it do what you want with it but that was the thing that stood out for me when watching the video.

14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Well take it up with them then and offer to help if you think you can help with your knowledge. Quality takes time but your free to your own opinion.

Just for the record though

And same type of things in NetKar which has the best open wheel physics out there 1:39 onwards

15. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I was at Sandown that day. It was due to a badly designed kerb. It's an exception, not the norm. A Formula 1 car would not be allowed to drive around Sandown as there's no way the safety standards would be high enough.

16. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Very good video FONismo, I really like as assembly and fuses the sound of the engines with the music. Great job.

17. FONismo

FONismo Registered

That is not the point of my post, you have missed the point. I am not saying an F1 car would race at Sandown. It is to show that these things ARE possible. Mark Webber riding up the back of whoever it was at Valencia a few years back was not the norm either but it can still happpen.

Thanks mate :)

18. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Firstly, I like your video(s), they're great ;) I especially like the slow-mo part of Coulthard over the crest in what looks to going be the approach of turn 9 Bahrain.

Secondly, I'm only discussing the point of F1 cars hitting kerbs and flipping. On this point I agree with lasercutter.
    The F3 accident you showed is not representative of what is shown in the video, and the Webber example when he hit the back of Kovalainen is definitely unrepresentative. Both of those cases are cars hitting a bump at high speed rotating the car through a pitch moment. This is due to the flat bottom of the cars acting like a sail when a certain angle of attack is attained and would happen to any flat bottom car.

In your video, the Williams of Heidfeld rotates and flips over through a roll moment. This is not caused by air getting underneath the car and hitting the flat bottom like a sail and flipping it. It also looks to be a low speed corner (Degner 2 at Suzuka) which would be a genuine concern and indicator that the physics are doing something funky.

Even Webber in China hitting a kerb at over 200km/hr head-on through a pitch moment was not enough to flip the car. I've never seen a modern Formula 1 car flip through a roll moment, apart from having wheel-to-wheel contact.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxJtpQoepac

19. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

erased

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
  20. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

erased

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.