Post your initial impressions here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mclaren777, Jan 10, 2012.

1. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Ripped off from where? real life??

P.S I have an ageing 8800gtx and only 2 gigs of ram and it runs like a dream on my machine, cranking the resolution and anti alaising upto max you cannot even see half the time, gamespot did a feature on the visual differences between various settings and with stuff like anti alaising and resolution, you really can't tell the difference between 4x AA and 8x AA for example except in frame rates.

2. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

GREAT impressions... I think I have to get some sleep now :D

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Maybe my English is not good enough. I meant, features which has been announced and then removed from game.
    To be precise, those features has been temporary replaced by scripted ones.

see KnownIssues.txt

4. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I really just want a better optimized game, high-end system, struggling with high-end settings. Not right.

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Got some more driving in, trying to fight around Spa in the F2's with the AI. Ended up in the fields pretty often, mainly due to them poking me all the time, sometimes due to clear driver errors.

This constant restarting of the race however game me a chance to appreciate how the rubber builds up on the road (if you press esc and restart the race, the rubber stays). Since I was resetting before completing a full lap many times the first half of the lap had much more rubber than the second half, and it makes an unbelievable difference. I could go through many corners at speeds that would have sent me sleeping with the cows had the tarmac been green, and if I strayed from the line at too high speeds I was sure to go off. Absolutely amazing feeling. Loving this beta more and more all the time.

6. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Not so Sure

I love sim racing and play all the main pc sims NKP , i racing, Rf1 , LFS , GTR evo , ( using g25 and i5 8gb + New ish GPU )

I have some real issues with rf2 ( I know its beta so i would hope it will get better but im just going to list things as i see them I have worked in games development so understand and apreceat how things can be a total disaster right before gold relase)

- g25

The FFB is all over the place making the game unplayable crazy rumble that cannot be reduced unless reducing all ffb and then there is no reel feeling at all ( evan with FFB down to 30 and -50% in the controler.ini it feels like a am holding a jack hammer on my pc desk lol )

- Car movement

Due to the FFB issue I have played with FFB off just to get an idea of the phisics under the hood and just spent time with the megan realy , the car seems to pivit on its central accis in a very strange way and I am just geting into weard tank slappers. Having said that the side ways skid momentum seems better than in Rf1 and you can recover the back end from a far grater angle then Rf1 ( but the phisics in general seem very wonky to me)

- interface

The game menue looks like something from the 90s maby a doss game its terrable ISI should just copy i racing or do a windows UI like NKP evan the menue in LFS although bland is way more functional with everything easy to access and change. ISI need to hire someone to redesign the menue ( Rf1 was prity bad but after 5+ years of using it i was used to it and so it was no longer an issue.

Allso where are the FFB settings in game ? seems all the sliders and GUI for changing FX mix and other settings have gone forcing players to edit the txt file ( the ideal solution would be some way to change FFB settings on the fly as you drive like how you can with "Real Feel " )

- sound

The sound is terrable from the UI menue buttons to the car engins I hope they are place holders or there is something fundimentaly wrong with my pc. The sounds are nether reolistic or stylistic I apreceat sound is something that is hard to get right and certainly something thats not at the top of the priority list ( or dosenot seem to be for simulation games ) but i was hopeing Rf2 could stand above other sims with its sound.

please forgive spelling i am sleepy :) I am still optamistic that Rf2 will come out the overn well baked!

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Note that files are created the first time you run a track.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes, that's correct. As we said, there are features not in there, not finished, disabled, during the beta.

9. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

the ffb is good in the megane...the formula car is also good but theres NO centering spring in the FFB and thats for sure not real its a mistake, for sure

10. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

I have been racing 1960's F1 at spa. FFB is absolutely amazing, best I have ever played in a game. I genuinely mean that too.

My PC's performance is far, far lower than I expected, but the gameplay itself is awesome!

11. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Excellent!! But wish I could get the antialiasing to work properly with Nvidia. But SoftTh works!!! My DFGT feels the best it ever has, much better than NetKarPro. But now want T500rs!!

12. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Here is my CPU, it's basically using one core the other three only 20%.http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/190/image1hy.jpg/

Could someone explain how to read the in game monitors, pic are included in the link.

It looks to me as if it's not making full use of the pc in any department.

13. mborreggine

mborreggine Registered

Force feedback for the G25 needs some serious work but other than that I'm happy with what I'm seeing. I've got a lot of messing around to do with settings, etc, so we'll see what that brings.

One small problem, in the Megane, when you drive off track, the debris comes through the floor. I'm sure you're aware of it but I thought I'd throw it out there.

14. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

Force feedback on my G25 is absolutely fantastic, im just happy i don't have to screw with plug ins and ini files all day to feel the car. Make sure you have your profiler settings to 900 degrees 101% FFB everything else to 0 and the centering spring enabled rfactor will do the rest :)

15. Mr Brownstone

Mr Brownstone Registered

I have the same issue with G25 FFB, on track it's a great feeling, run too far over a curb or go off road and I'm hanging on for dear life, it kicks all over the place, wife has woken up twice and she's not happy:(

I've had a great first few runs in the old single seaters, love em, but my run in the FR3.5 didn't go so well, I now realise I hadn't updated the mod to 1.1 so I'm hoping that'll be better tomorow, and maybe I didn't get good heat into the tyres on account of me not knowing that track at all

Graphics look nice n smooth for me with everything up high, the gravel when thrown up looks like balls of cotton wool tho:rolleyes:

I was on the ISI Monaco server with quite a few others, a nice line of rubber had built up and the grip was good, later I went onto the RaceDept. server alone and the grip was noticably less, nice:)

It's all good tho, lot's of potential

16. F1Racer

F1Racer Registered

hehe, sorry I got the 30fps thing from the post above yours. My confusion :)

17. Ales Simunek

Ales Simunek Registered

+1
    Would be much better to have intuitive lightweight interface like iRacing than this slow menu. I dont think that they are going to do anything about it because it would probably required to rewrite the whole graphics engine... well who knows. I like however the new rF2 launcher. Would be making much more sense to me to move the whole rF2 menu into the launcher and then just start the race session directly from it. So just one loading instead of two.
    And the garage interface is also ugly. I wish the rF2 would try to look more like a professional software than a console game.

Well the new tire model and ffb is a WAY better then what was in rF1. Its huge improvement which is very nice. Looking forward to some race with live weather , that will be cool.

18. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

The lcd mode will be implemented in car Display or it stays outside?

Ehmmm and can i host a game and drive in my own? Sorry for the noob question but i only playes race07 before and there i have a "host" button

19. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

my FFB is great, the game runs great with an overclocked GTX 460, no problems at all except the rear end coming around every time in the renault 3.5 ( had to use TC low and Stability low to drive)

20. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

After 6 hours driving ...

I have similar feelings as Maxym.
    There is no doubt there is great potential. :)
    Driving makes an incredible pleasure, but there are plenty of things that need improvement.

Definitely the league in 2012 will be based on RF1. I hope rf2 will be finished before the end of 2012.