Post your initial impressions here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mclaren777, Jan 10, 2012.

1. scopedk

scopedk Registered

Amazing! AMAZING!

But i have the same problem with FFB - it's very violent to my g25 - even on 50% power.

The red selected color on the timer-board is very difficult to read. Changes to user interfaces colors would be appreciated :)

Now when everything is much more advanced it would be cool with a small engineer report when entering the garage - like you got a flat spot, you need to build up more heat, etc etc. Now it's real racing and we need a bit more help from the crew.

Once again great work!!

2. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

Can you provide screnshots of the game please?

3. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Fantastic.
    Just as expected really :D

4. kmw

kmw Registered

First impressions - Wow.
    First let me say that in real life I have raced karts on many kart tracks, and tested/raced a self prepared MG Midget sportscar at Mallory, Rockingham, Brands Hatch, and driven a V8 Vectra at Silverstone. Not major achievements but enough to have experienced the reality of circuit racing. In the Sim world, I have raced just about everything since Papyrus's Indy 500, and some even before that.
    NONE of them has ever given such a sense of 'being there'. It is difficult to put a finger on it, but the 'expanse of the view' is finally correct, where other sims seemd to be too 'small' somehow? And I actually cared about whether I was pulling out of the pits in front of an AI, I actually cared about damaging my Megane - what I mean is, the feeling is so real that it encourages proper behaviour and etiquette. Superb first impressions - the road feels hard underneath in the Megane, the tyres judder in the F3.5 when cornering tightly, the AI cars seem to actually know that I am there and behave accordingly. What a magnificent start ISI !!!
    I am very sad that I might never again fire up all my other racing sims though !
    Thank you :)

5. addyduss

addyduss Registered

very good) i kept smiling all the way through Spa)
    ffb goes crazy driving offroad though.

6. Cygnific

Cygnific Registered

SPA is awesome! One of the most enjoyable tracks i ever played on.. The sensation of speed on the track is great. And the subtle sound effects here and there are nice to..

7. kmw

kmw Registered

Is it possible to check framerates within the game or is it a case of using fraps? I'm running eyefinity triple screens ok, with two HD5750s in crossfire, and it is pretty good, but only been testing, with a few cars on track so far. May need to turn things down when the field increases. Same as you addyduss, I was smiling all the way round Portugal! :)

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

After a couple hours testing:

- weather effects are awesome. Had my doubts, but they look great.
    - physics are a BIG improvement over RF1. You can really feel the cars now (FR 3.5 in particular)
    - tracks and car models are top notch.

And to think, this is just the beta. Wait until ISI finish to Gold, and more cars/tracks etc, and then the modders. Good times ahead :)

9. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Think it was (Ctrl+F) in rF1

10. venceremos

venceremos Registered

I can confirm this bug. Additionally it exists only if You go to the replay screen via the "r" button. If You press esc and navigate to replay screen everything is shown on the replay just as it should.

11. Diogo Quaresma

Diogo Quaresma Registered

I love the game. It has so much potencial. It's incredible.

The only think i thought it wasn't right were the FPS. I'm getting 30 fps for avg.

My system is not that actual but i think it's not that bad either.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
    Memory: 3 GB
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670
    Video Memory: 1 GB
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

12. kmw

kmw Registered

13. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Simply awesome game, my brain cannot comprehend the awesome sim racing experience that has just begun! I'm most competative in the 60s F1's at monaco, very interesting for my brain to adjust there as I have driven 100's of laps at the modern venue and still drive like I have to miss pit exits and barriers, lol!

Some bugs I have found

- Already mentioned whatever damage you do to a car when crashed shows up for the entire replay afterwards.

- When in the outside view if you move the cam to the front and zoom in maximum the front tyre textures go crazy

- some random polygon/lines coming out of the top of my car when watching replays at monaco in the rain

- Game crashed once when choosing the FR3.5 and monaco ;)

- when rain was selected the race started with a drying track and no rain

Other than that it's a dreammm come truuuuuueeee :D

14. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

I found myself on the grandstands in Sepang...
    Thank you guys! :)

[​IMG]

15. venceremos

venceremos Registered

I see a lot of You guys are complaining about it. Don't quite see why... I mean... i think it should go crazy... You are driving through bloody grass or sandtraps! :) Bassically I love the feel of offroad excursions in rF2 and the last think I would like ISI do is to make it a walk through the park.

Regarding the rest I can just add to the opinion which everybody is giving here. rF2 is an awsome experience and a smile is still on my face right now allthough I did put my wheel aside nearly an hour ago.

16. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

That's funny Robert! I'm amazed you could stop racing long enough to post that :p

17. Bounty

Bounty Registered

Pros & cons after a couple of hours "messing about"

I reserve the right to change my mind after more play time. Had to stop now as I've woken up most of SW London with all the noise my G25 is making, (con btw)

Pro's:
    Love Spa. One of the best & prettiest version of the track I've ever raced on.
    Tracks all look very good & alive
    Connection to the road, feel through the wheel outstanding.
    Weather system
    Frame rates. Spa on my own about 80+. At the start with a grid of 15 mid 50's (which is outstanding for a beta imho maxed out settings). This is in the 1960's open wheelers

Cons:
    Graphic engine really showing its age. Unlike the tracks the cars look pretty poor tbh especially from the external views.
    Noise from the G25 is loud off road, sorry, I SAID THE NOISE FORM THE G25 IS LOUD!
    Long load times even though installed on a SSD. Takes about what I'd expect it to on a normal HDD

With 6 months of tweaking and tuning still to go rF2 should end up being one of the all time greats.

Actually not quite maxed. All options are maxed except:
    AA is level 4 and AF is at x4

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  18. MinDBlanK

MinDBlanK Registered

Performance is terrible in my case, I7 930 4.2Ghz, 6GB Dominator, Rampage Extreme III, 2 X 6970's and a Corsair F-Force 120gb SSD.

Even with all off or no, high instead of full, x16 AF, level 3 AA no HDR; With the meganes on sepang I'm dropping to 30FPS round some corners making it unplayble with all the stuttering, using 11.12 and the Cap profiles. Everything up to date.

Onboard sound with the rampage and sounds turned to 20.

First impressions of the sounds are not good and I have the same outrageous G27 FFB behaviour.

Not sure what to think atm, of course I'm going to like it and I dont think it will always be so bad but atm I cant play this.

19. O11

O11 Registered

Those F1's... One doe not simply walk into Mordor...

I couldn't get the tyres on the FRenault to warm up even. :D It takes patience and reading the track. To go fast, you need to go fast. :D Lapping slower than the Megane's that were on track with me certainly didn't put heat in the tires. :p

Very hard, but not impossible.

The harsh FFB effects are ridiculous though. I'll try to do something in the .ini, because it's just too much.

20. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Registered

My initial impressions are very good.
    Hats off for Spa and Monaco. Very nice tracks and a great feeling when the wheel does exactly what I expect when going over patches of damaged asphalt.

Drives very well. I think the physics are excellent. Somewhere between GTR Evo and iRacing was my first thought.
    After a few laps in each car I noticed I seem to be getting so much information through the wheel I couldn't help but grin.

I'm going to race this sim to death for sure.
    Thankyou ISI for all your hard work, It's really appreciated by this Sim Racer. :D

And this is just a beta :D