Post your initial impressions here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mclaren777, Jan 10, 2012.

1. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Given that this is an open beta, let's give ISI some quality feedback. :)

2. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

First and foremost, ISI has done a tremendous job with rFactor 2! There are many things I could praise, but for now I'm just going to give some constructive criticism.

• The FFB on my G27 is incredibly loud/violent when I drive over large curbs or go off track. It's to the point where I'm worried that my neighbors might complain (my wife has already been on my case about the noise/vibrations). I've tried adjusting code in the controller.ini file but nothing seems to work.

• My GPU (stock GTX 460) is only running at 70% load when HDR is disabled and approximately 85% load when it's enabled. On the grid at the start of a race it's usually around 35% load and I have no idea why that would be given that the framerate is often around 30fps. The rest of my system is more than adequate (Intel 2600K + 8GB of quality RAM) so I'm not sure what the bottleneck could be.

• The spotter's voice is much too quite even when left at 100% with everything else down around 60%. Is there any way to make him louder?

[​IMG]

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The spotter in the sim is really placeholder stuff. :) We knew you were all just going to replace it anyway.

Regarding your bottleneck, if it happens at the start of the race. Audio? Try reducing number of sounds.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

This has so much potential!!!!

It didn't take me long to kill 6 people and knock my front tires off at spa. Sounds are fantastic. Full blown rain storm is soooo much fun. I'm having a blast so far in those old open wheelers.

I found a bug in the replays. It showed my car with no front tires before the accident in the replay. Exact same thing happened with with netkar beta. Common issue probably.

I have to get back at it though. Off to monaco me thinks!!

Anyways I have to get back at it.

5. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

If your system is struggling to fun rFactor 2 at a decent framerate, I advise disabling the following three settings...

• Sun Occlusion
    • Road Reflections
    • Environmental Reflections

[​IMG]

6. shum94

shum94 Registered

Hum online didnt worked for me so i skipped directly to offline racing to see how rF 2 is.

Now i calmed my impatience i loged in but it wasnt working because i was putting my first and last name as i thought that was my login.

The login is your mail
    and it would be nice to know whats incorrect when it's not working.
    Login or password.

7. Helli83

Helli83 Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-activated-but-I-can-t-log-in-for-Multiplayer

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've got my spotter turned on but I don't hear him.

9. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Yeah, very quiet right now--sorry about that...

10. shum94

shum94 Registered

I'm amazed about the rendering i get (blurry) and the fps (low). I'm no near the gif posted.

11. Bob Simmerman

Bob Simmerman Registered

Thanks for that, mclaren777, awesome info!!

I have a problem that isn't really a problem but more of an 'extra effort' to get the game going. Initial install and start-up went fine but subsequent attempts were met with the 'rFactor.exe has stopped working' message box. I did a bit of fiddling around and discovered that if I keep clicking the game start button in the launcher--online or offline--the game will eventually fire up and run just fine.

I have a dual monitor system and notice on the secondary monitor when the game wont start that there is quite a bit of flickering. When the game does start, the secondary monitor looks relatively stable.

Not a huge issue as it will eventually start but just wanted to toss that out there.

Initial impressions:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT--This does not happen when clicking on the developer portion of the launcher to start the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Not a problem I just thought maybe I hadn't checked off something or something else on my end.

13. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

So far I like it :)

14. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Have you disabled the following settings?

• Sun Occlusion
    • Road Reflections
    • Environmental Reflections

15. ThomasH

ThomasH Registered

So far I am stuck trying to pay :(

16. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

First touch, LOVE IT, Performance is actually better that i hoped, really smooth, Crossfire support very well implemented.
    My G27 FF is too strong. Love those old Formulas.

Jani

17. Max Melamed

Max Melamed Registered

Same here ThomasH :) be patient :) lot of people are trying to buy it ATM i guess :p

18. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Registered

I'd love to give an impression, but i cant get past connecting to secure servers.

19. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

That suggestion worked much better than I expected. I decreased the number from 32 to 16 and the game is definitely using my GPU better. Load at the start is now 60% and load during the race is around 85%.

New question: Does the audio system prioritize different sounds? Will my essential audio cues (engine, tires, rain, spotter, etc) take priority over opponents? I'd like to decrease the number even further (possibly to 8) but I don't want to lose too many sound sources.

20. vyrush

vyrush Registered

ah thanks for suggestion tim.. i was having the same issue wit this..