Modding Downloads

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 88mphTim, Jan 9, 2012.

1. pablocorsico

pablocorsico Registered

gracias por los tutoriales simples y explicativos

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

1st page of rF2_car_modding_introduction.pdf has these two lines next to each other:
    rtrainer.hdv
    Vehicle visual damages settings

That should be rtrainer_damage.ini right?

edit: There are also engine.hdv should be -> ini gears.hdv should be -> .ini
    Unless I read it somehow terribly wrong that is.

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yup, for rtrainer.hdv there is description which should be for the damage file (rtrainer_damage.ini) and both 'gears' and 'engine' files should have .ini extension on the list.

And by that, rtrainer.hdv has been left with missing description (probably something like "contains all the main car physical parameters and references to other physics files")

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Updated with all the car modding files that I think are going to come. Please let me know if any of the links don't work for a regular user (they work for me...) as I had some issues with sizes. :)

5. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@ISI ...the problem im having at the moment is that the rFm file example is very basic...and i need 1 that shows all the things you can add to a series thru the rFm....can we get a more complete rFm file please?

6. Malik

Malik Registered

what version 3ds max do i need? I currently have 3ds 9 and it will not let me open. Is there a plug in to let my version view? Thanks in advance.

7. vyrush

vyrush Registered

How do i actually use the example.cpp from example plugin? pls can someone guide me?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  8. Rantam

Rantam Registered

Finally! Thanks indeed for the new tutorials! ;)

9. Sergio Lorente

Sergio Lorente Registered

will be the tutorials in spanish somewhere?

10. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

More tutorials and documentation about track building would be appreciated :)

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

We made the look on the available informations (on our modding team), but we didn't find the the informations to create/parameter the additional tire file, seems to be complex and linked to 3D. Is there a tool to generate this file?

Without these informations/tool, impossible to work on physics and tire integration on new mod.

12. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

What kind of tutorials would be useful at this point? AIW documentation is planned, and we'll also make a section of Joesville available as an example with all the new technology applied.

13. weischschon

weischschon Registered

+1

14. Marek Lesniak

+1

15. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I agree, but also I think that as tires are still WIP as probably many other aspects with physics, would it be right time now or when those WIP areas are more ready?

AFAIK, they except first to have mods made and test published so that mod system is tested, I think that idea is to start doing physics work after that mod system is sorted out and tires as well as other disabled features are closer to be ready as at the moment it would be bit like beating horse that was just born, what do you think, maybe I have misunderstood?

16. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

I've been told that tyre documentation is on the way and should be available very soon.

17. alexandreafc

alexandreafc Registered

XML and Plugin

Tim is there any document explaining the XML generated in the folder rFactor2 the results. Our team has a classification system based on xml rFactor1 I want to upgrade to support the rFactor2. Taking the opportunity can be developed using plugin for rFactor2. NET (C #)?

1 person likes this.
  18. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Example *.max file would be great.
    I'm curious how to create bumps on the track and how 3d mesh should look (density especially).

19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Great, sorry I missed this point. We are in the starting block :)

If I'm right, the beta was published for modders, so I ask the information needed to evaluate this part. I think ISI shall provide a list of feature already mature to help the modder to work in the good axis. It's sure we need stable referencies to work. All is ready for modding on our side, now the Beta is here for modding evaluation, so, ISI shall list the feature to evaluate.

20. Marek Lesniak

+1

rF 2 beta is MOSTLY for modders. For me, I'm only waiting for tgm documentation, because everything else (in terms of physics) we mostly already know from rF 1.