Do I need to keep this weekend free?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jajp999, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROON

ROON Registered

I think we're all a little frustrated, D!2T. Some more than others. But the point is, while we all love rFactor we shouldn't let ourselves get so worked up about it. It's very kind of ISI to even give us an open beta in the first place, and poor Tim is putting up with all of us asking millions of questions about it, I'm surprised some people in particular haven't given him a heart attack!

There are some developers who won't let their fans know anything until the game itself has a gold release, and then it's often bugged and they won't care about players feedback in order to patch it. I'm relatively new to these forums, but I can tell you all that we're extremely lucky to have ISI paying so much attention to their loyal fans. Tim does a great job of answering questions and splashing water on speculation that runs rife while he's not around, and I think it's really great that Gjon posts here from time to time as well.

ISI are doing something nice for us, the beta is an opportunity for we dedicated fans to test out rF2 and try and provide as much feedback as possible so that we can make it a great, stable and enjoyable sim upon release. And whether that opportunity comes in an hour, a day or a week, I thank ISI for letting us participate in it.

Everyone just needs to sit back, relax, understand that what we've got here is something very rare and unique in the gaming world. But with that said, there's more to life than sim racing. While you're waiting, go and watch a nice documentary or movie. Maybe have a barbecue. There's no need to get uptight and/or upset. :)

2. ROON

ROON Registered

I agree, Slothman. This thread is good for some comic relief among all of the anxiety that's floating about. I hope it stays open, because it's a good opportunity to chat to some of the other members and make some friends to race with later. ;)

3. blaknift

blaknift Registered

Exactly, I find things to occupy my time while waiting for beta. Ive been making my own h-Shifter over the past few hours. I need to make a gate out of an old cutting board, And i have no idea how to go about it... lol

4. Malik

Malik Registered

Well said ROON +1

5. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Are you upset because I got the Kudos for finishing that saying a few pages ago??

Comeon guys...give him his Kudos ....

;) ;) ;)

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

o.k lets gather around and give D!2t a hug. I think he needs one. :D

Tim just posted some new info which is good to see!!

Purchase and first run issues forum.

7. ROON

ROON Registered

Hmmm... :confused:

This would probably do the trick. ;)

[​IMG]

8. blaknift

blaknift Registered

Lmao, Might be a weee Tooo big. :cool:

9. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

Yes, i just wake up and see it, guys i can feel the force again :)

Kankkis

10. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

All you need is a drill and a saber saw. Used the drill at the ends of the slots that make up the gate, and then used the saber saw to cut it out the rest of the way, ala connect the dots. It won't look pretty but you could file the slots afterward to smooth them up. The best way is to cut it in a CNC router, as its the only way to get good clean cuts.

11. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

"The force is with you, young Kankkis, but you are not a rF2 Driver yet.":D

12. ROON

ROON Registered

That's the spirit. The thread just isn't the same without your good vibrations. :cool:

13. ROON

ROON Registered

What's everyone's plans for today? This evening I'll be making Tunisian style barbecue chicken for dinner and watching the Senna movie. I've already seen it once at the cinema, but I received the DVD for Christmas. :D

View attachment 370

14. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Bed time for me. If ISI opens their office at 8 that means another 7 hours until they arrive at work. Here's hoping for tomorrow guys!! ;)

15. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

It's 6am in the UK now. I really hope when I'm back from work this evening that the beta is launched! :D

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks ROON. :)

Case in point: I just found out they are doing a Syndicate re-make (remember the old EA game?) Apparently the dev had it in-progress for four years before a leak exposed they were even working on it. ISI never hid that it was working away on rF2, possibly this made things difficult for some in the community, but I think it was worth it. In the past I've heard genuine thanks from people who were kept informed, even if they found it hard while it was happening.

17. Hoschi

Hoschi Registered

It´s 7:30 Am in Germany, its a good day and i hope i can race this evening;)

18. Boyd

Boyd Registered

Here's what I think ...
    Tim, Gjon, Luc, Scott (in no particular order) need to be commended, thanked and honoured :)rolleyes:) for their time, patience and efforts. And before we forget, there are several other ISI staff in this exercise who go largely unnoticed and unthanked.

Here we are, faffing around in forums having a laugh, but the entire ISI team I suspect are sweating their butts off to get this thing out before the entire community implodes with impatience. (or not? .. you decide :cool:)

Don't hold it against us ISI, look at is as us being enthusuastic and super keen to get this puppy on the go :) And everyone is, I suspect, grateful to get this beta opportunity for the sake of rF2.

So without further ado. THANKS to everyone at ISI !!!

PS Do I need to keep this weekend free?

19. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

Love is in the air, yes marvelous job Tim and others Dev members, it was a weekend and Tim anwering questions. That is something very rare in these days.

Kankkis

20. Slothman

Slothman Registered

I like that approach....

When doubt is introduced....pucker up and kiss butt....hey it might just work..... :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.