Do I need to keep this weekend free?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jajp999, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blanes

blanes Registered

I am new here but after reading the news items on other sites and the various comments from ISI people on these forums I have to say it does make a newcomer feel confused :(

I do understand the reason to release the beta package minus executable several weeks ago to minimise the burden of downloading the whole package at one hit... BUT... why did they hint at it being released close to Christmas/New Year break and then NOT release?

If there are problems needing fixing, that were not anticipated, a customer can understand and accept that but what I think is very poor is to keep the anxious customers in the dark as to why they are prolonging the eventual release, when ISI themselves created the fever of anticipation by saying certain things and then releasing the car/track files.

Surely it would be better/nicer/good manners for the key man Gjon to make a statement stating the reason for delay ?

An objective viewpoint on this whole thing ( IMHO ) is that you don't need much experience in marketing and customer service to see that ISI are not promoting or fostering a good or confident feeling for new customers/users of their product going into the future.

But hey this is only one man's opinion and I am a brand new "potential" ISI customer.

cheers.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Because in software development things do not always go to plan.

We did state a reason. :) It's actually the same reason why as someone brightly pointed out in this thread, you don't release software on a Friday/weekend, because nobody will be there to pick up the pieces. Exactly like Christmas and New Year.

3. 88mphTim

I think Gjon will post to actually announce release anyway. So don't be paying attention to me. :)

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I don't feel it necessary to know the details as to why it's not released. It's been said around here somewhere that Gjon has final say to hit the "go" button. I think you're being a little to negative and taking things a bit too seriously. Just my opinion though.

This thread was sort of the unofficial is it here yet thread. Everybody was having fun with it. No need to bring in negative thoughts. ;) lol.

Try out the open beta when it's released. If you don't like it ISI is offering full refunds. You can't lose and there is no risk.

In the meantime you should check out skyrim. :p

5. 88mphTim

I see that point of view. However, this isn't the product, it is the beta of the product which will turn into the product. If you wish to have a more stable environment and a more stable feed of information please do feel free to await the free demo and/or initial release after the beta.

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

1. Yes it is confusing.

2. They hinted that it might be before Xmas, but then they decided that it would be better to release after the holidays (including new years). So the employees could spend time with their families.

3. There is no delay. When no release date is given, when no promise is made, there is no delay :)

7. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Whoooa careful there buddy, that looks suspiciously like logic...

And I am pretty sure that was banned some time ago on these forums...

At least that is the impression I get from most posters :)

No rfactor 2....its Jessicas Fault.

8. Ben Zinimblut

Ben Zinimblut Registered

That would be fine though but he does not seem to be member in this forum. I cannot find his name in the member list.
    Maybe he uses a nick? There are for example nick names like "gangstarpotato" - maybe it's him? ;)

Cheers
    Ben

9. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald Registered

He was the last person to post in the "plugin tutorial" thread. "Gjon Camaj" :D

10. jason lancett

jason lancett Registered

not looking good untill next week now... time to give C.A.R.S new build a blast..

11. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald Registered

Unfortunately C.A.R.S doesn't have the best driving physics... Or ffb for that matter... Yet :D

I think i'll trying running a rfactor server later, on spa with the gurney eagle and seeing if anyone joins :p

12. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Registered

As I expected. And just because this ^ has been said it doesn't mean we will necessarily see it Monday either. But this thread has been good fun so far without too much negativity and I'm glad it's been kept open.

13. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

I don't give up, hoping it's today ;)

14. Hoschi

Hoschi Registered

Jani wake up :D hope dies at last....

I think they dont release the beta on a weekend, because they can not support the Software. Monday is a good time.

15. jason lancett

jason lancett Registered

fitzy, give me the links for the mod and track, and server name i will join you pm me....

16. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald Registered

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Gurney Eagle Tribute

I think the spa track comes with the mod (i have 2 versions of 1967 spa so i don't know which one comes with it... If only there was some sort of content ID system :D)

I was only going to host the server on my computer and i'm not going on rFactor until later so no name/ip yet. If anyone else hosts one... let me know :D

17. Diogo Quaresma

Diogo Quaresma Registered

Hello everyone. I'm new here.

I've been reading this topic with some attention, and i think this situation of the realese of the Beta it's getting ridiculous.

I don't blame ISI for what they're are doing. They release it when it's done with no release date defined, and you always have a great product because you're not running against the clock.

But i have to say that this situations it's ridiculous. They started announcing the release of the Beta last year in early December, and the Beta it's not here. Now they can't release a Beta on weekends? Come on.
    You pumped every simracer out there with the picture and the videos that you release, then say that probably the Beta will come before Christmas, then it doesn't come because no one was at the office on holidays.

You show the candy to the kid and then don't give it to him.

Please release the Beta in the next couple of days, if not today, cause i'm dying to test it.

18. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald Registered

I think my dog has the same feeling when i open the cupboard with the dog treats in it... only to get something else out of it... :D

19. thuGG

thuGG Registered

So we don't need to keep the weekend free, now thats a surprise.

20. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Common Guys!

They are enjoing a lot thers return to office from the holidays. So please don't pressure, they are beginning to feel some stress.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.