Weather in real time.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bax_70, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Bax_70

Bax_70 Registered

hi Tim...hi all !

First, excuse my english.

Have you evaluated to play in real circuits synchronizing the effects of weather with the weather in real time of the location of the circuit?

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

And what if there will be winter on real track? ;)

3. Bax_70

Bax_70 Registered

is true, there is no snow in the weather effects. Expanding my question...weather in real time, and snow...maybe in the future?

thanks.

4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

And that would be the answer - maybe in future.
    I don't think they have any plans for it now.

By the way - do not crosspost.

5. Nirgal

Nirgal Registered

Ability to change weather directly from rF2 server plugin would be great enough :) One could have exact same weather on many pararell races (without randomnes) and one could have weater from real, also we could recreate weather from historic races :D. But I think this will be doable anyway if they will put it in API or not :D

6. Bax_70

Bax_70 Registered

obviously not a maybe ... just looking for an opinion on the idea, or a variant, as proposed Nirgal.

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yup, some time ago there was a general discussion (in the Q&A thread, I guess) about various possible implementations, how to use real world weather data in rF 2. I think, many of us would like to hear, what ISI staff can say about that.

8. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

yup, i can remember that discussion to. some guys had already done that in RF1 and in winter time, they took the weather from some place with a similar latitude, heigth above sea level and climate but from the opposite hemisphere. i think they did it with a plugin an the feeds of some weather station...not sure tho :p

9. racechicken

racechicken Registered

i think all what we need is an implementation of REX (FSX addon) ;). including the awesome clouds etc. okay....sometimes...just dreaming :D

10. worthy1066

worthy1066 Registered

I did see on the old insidesimracing interview that they had implemented weather conditions you could change about five times through the race but I think that's the closest well get to real changes in race conditions

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Add this to the list of things the plugin interface can control (on the server)... then let the community make it do whatever they want.

12. Giuseppe Marconi

Giuseppe Marconi Registered

I think it's more cool have different weather along the track....i imagine a Spa wet in some place and dry in others like it often happens in real. Could it be possible in a sim?

13. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Now that would be awesome, would work really well for rally aswell ;)

14. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Would indeed be great. I remember a f1 race in hockenheim (old layout) in..... 2000??? Barrichello won the race after having started from 14th or something. It was his first win ever if I remeber correctly. What a crazy race that was :p McLaren leading the way, when a crazy ex-mercedes employee decided to walk onto the track, and cross the track. Safety-car, and away was their lead. And then in the end it started to rain, but only in the start/finish area. The most technical part wet, the long staights dry. Both McLaren's pit and lose their lead again, Barrichello stays out and gains the lead. Then he lost a few seconds a lap I believe, but still managed to win!!! Those were the days :p

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Unless I've misread or misinterpreted a lot of stuff, I think we're heading this way with rF2.

16. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Varying level of wetness at different parts of the track was already included in GP3, frankly it'd be pretty pathetic not to include it in a game 11-12 years newer.

17. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I'm not sure what the weather options do cover, but I know that you can choose multiple scenarions that will take action on the track. But not sure if we can get diffrent weather on parts of the tracks.

Tim?

18. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Rubens starts 18th and yep it was his first win! Mika went onto the wets whilst Rubens stayed on the dry grooved tyres. The stadium was saturated but from turn 1 all the way back to nearly the stadium the circuit was dry. Crazy race!

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Of course, because every sim has had wet weather just as good as GP3 in the meantime, right? :)

20. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Well every sim since then has been pathetic when it comes to handling weather. =)

You're doing fantastic work with the rain system as it is (from the look of the videos), and you've confirmed that there won't be rain in tunnels (at least in the final product). If you can control that, I see no reason why you couldn't control it around the track. Not expecting it in the early stages of the beta, but I see no reason why you shouldn't manage it eventually. =)