Prepping for the open beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I know, but like you lot I'm bored too!! The fickleness of some people is just downright bizarre and amazing at times, how some of you live in the real world I'll never know ;)

whinge
       [hwinj, winj]
    verb (used without object), whinged, whing·ing. British and Australian Informal to complain; whine.

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

You can't be sure of anything, untill it is released. You might hate that idea, but that's the fact.

Yes, they stated it would be there last year, and they didn't make it. So what, that's life. What do you want from them, do you want them to apologise untill everyone is satisfied (which won't happen anyway), or do you think they should be fired for not making that statement, leaving is without rF2 at all. Off course, I would have really liked to see it last year as well, but after all, it's not the end of the world you know. If you didn't mean to say this, then I really wonder what you was reffering to with taking responsibility.....

If you start thinking only in dates, and missing their 'promises' all the time, all you do is fustrate yourself, or so it seems..... That's why I too think everyone should relax a bit. They released the first files, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done that if the beta was far away. It must be close. And if you dissagree with that, then be welcome to fustrate yourself some more, I won't stop you ;)

PS: not talking about you speciffically, but people who think that way in general. Feel free to dissagree with me, I just stated my thoughts on this subject ;)

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Lets see how many new threads will be made today asking for release date. :p

4. Syonco

Syonco Registered

The wait is killing me!!! I need a life outside these forums :'(

5. jason lancett

jason lancett Registered

@marcg what you doing on here then dude.. having your say, moaning about people moaning... we are eager for the beta the same as you, its a free world... say what you want people.. at least its something to read on here while we are waiting.. lol

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm transferring some new music onto my phone so am browsing the interweb whilst its doing that (yes a lot of songs!).

Yes of course its a free world blah blah freedom of speech and all that gash.....but some of the comments are of such a "Toys out the Pram" attitude it beggars belief sometimes. People expecting ISI to deliver to them personally and crying like babies because they dont get what they want....its like I'm back in the mid 1990s waiting for Microprose to release Grand Prix 2 all over again, it was bad enough then and nothings changed to this day....and I'd bet some of the comments are from grown up adults as well :p

(Microprose actually shut down their official forum due to the moaning, then released a half finished product in GP2...anyone remember that!?)

7. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Just give us the same Beta as the Beta testers have :)

After all, it's only a Beta. But I can understand that they want to make a big "WOW" with their Beta so people actually start talking more about it and build up some momentum for the initial release.

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I mean, ISI shouldn't be surprised about community reaction. As well as we shouldn't. They do their job in some "specific" way and must take responsibility about consequences (ie moaning, whining, hating, frustrating, etc). It does nothing with simracing or so. It is not personal untilsome personal action has been taken (for example attacking by other users or giving warnings without serious reason).
    It's just a fact since they are surrounded by crowd. Finally if they give what community is waiting for, and expectations will be satisfied, they will be adored by the crowd. There is nothing magic in this.

Would be kind, indeed. There are such practices in companies which count on their customers.
    But at least I want to be free to write what you have wrote without a risk to being flamed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

After open beta release this place will be flooded with complaints, so if you think this is bad now just wait.

10. zloca

zloca Registered

for me its hard to criticize ISI team,becuse they made rfactor and we expected rf2,and for others who complains its probably hard to criticize ISI

but some of us cant agree with this waiting,we just need clear DATE,if they say beta will be for sure untill 15 january,many of us will wait with no problems

but this is ridiculous,beta will be for new year,after,before,be patient,stfu ....

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

We know the beta is coming... no amount of speculating, whining, moaning will change when it appears.

So how about you sit back and gain some perspective.... this is a COMPUTER GAME, life is filled with much more to be "worried" about!

You want to know when the beta will be released? There will be a post STICKIED by a member of staff when it happens... simple as that!

12. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Registered

I never thought it would be here before the weekend to be honest. Seems logical that ISI would return from holidays and spend a few days ensuring there were no obvious problems.

I'm sure it will be here within the next week or two. And if it isn't then it will be because they found something that needs fixing in which case they will let us know.
    We'll have it soon enough, I mean it's not as if the worlds about to end or something this year is it? :p

13. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Good point, I suppose it depends on what calendar you follow! Or if the Hadron Collider finally has a neutron collision, who knows?!

14. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Hello and Happy New Year!
    What's next? new hope for the release ...?
    Imperfections, alterations, delays, what news? Nitsche can not understand)

15. ComputerCarRacing

ComputerCarRacing Registered

Like I said a few month back it is like Duke Nukem Forever. Which took 15 years to come out. They kept saying it was coming out soon.

16. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

The Hadron Collider has trillions of collisions (protons, neutrons, electrons, you name it)... :D

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If you don't think it will ever be released stfu and go somewhere else. These give me the release date is getting annoying already. Go tell your mom to make your cookies and milk.

when it's released will you apologize or throwing temper tantrums? Spoiled little brats most of you are.

18. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

holidays were over?
    In Russia buzzing around until January 10th. Today, I was not poured alcohol, work began. Tired of drinking. I thought that after the New Year holidays will already release but, as always, hope died, the last one.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah RF2 has been in development THAT long has'nt it :rolleyes: blimey if this is anything like DNF then the world may as well end now ;)

20. zloca

zloca Registered

you see,that is the main problem,we speculating here about releasing day or time,
    so u can sit back while some of us will try to dig up the releasing date for you,or if u have more important thing in ur life u can dedicate more time to that,u dont need to lose time here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.