Prepping for the open beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Time to close this thread me thinks!

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

3. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

I hope it doesn't get locked, as the topic is a useful one, as long as people use the thread the way it was intended (rather than it being just another thread to gripe and moan about not having RF2 yet).

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And you called someone else 'Captain Obvious'. Sheesh.

Your cross-thread quoting doesn't hide the fact you can't carry a conversation or discussion; if you have something to say then say it, otherwise just leave it alone instead of putting up this drivel.

You started all this by questioning how we're going to pre-order the game when there isn't a purchasing system... but that's the point. There isn't a 'pre-order'. When the beta is released we'll be able to buy it, using the purchasing system they've made and tested.

We're waiting for the beta RC to get through the final round of testing without any major problems cropping up, at which point it'll become available. And anyone who doesn't like paying for a beta can simply decide not to buy it.

5. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Actually no, my posts on here started with 'Recieving part of the 'open beta' now around christmas is like being given a new toy with no batteries. ' as the 4 files were released xmas eve eve, one would imagine that as your reply also stated:
    So I say it again,
    Guess we will just have to wait and see how imminent the rest of the 'beta' really is then!

6. ajk

ajk Registered

That looks to be a fairly complete list of features, thanks for that.

Further:
    1) can we run own dedicated servers with rF2 open beta?
    2) will it be safe to run a league with rF2 open beta already?

If yes, then I basically missed what in fact is what we're not getting in open beta already.

Exclude number of downloadable content/mods available there seems to be little we can do/we have in rf1 what we can't do in rF2 open beta already.

This just in nice to know basis as the answer will not affect my pre-purchase decision (will buy).

Also I think the open beta arrangement is good and fair. The whole discussion is silly. The product seems very refined already and whether the open beta takes 3, 6 or 9 months of MM access is (and should be for all) really indifferent. It is question of taking +/- 3$ risk in terms of how much online access you get with your pre-purchase. People on this board make by far larger financial decisions in their every-day life. You can make up for the potential loss in MM access by buying one less beer next time you're in a bar or buying one pair of new socks instead of two. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
  7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

ISI should shut the forums down. Make it read only. There is no useful information being posted anymore, only complaints. Too many children didn't get their toy for christmas.

Just look at how many threads are asking "when is it going to be released", and all of them are just worded a little differently.

I'd like to know for those of us who are participating in the open beta how we can report problems. So hard to find that information here and if I ask it will just get buried under more complaints why open beta isn't out yet.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Absolute rubbish, Scott & Luc have been very helpful with recent answers to questions and Tims doing what he can. Shutting it down would not be a good idea at all, the "When is it?" threads will always be here and will continue long after the initial beta release so its best to just get used too them!

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Alot of the information that is being posted by ISI now is answers that I will find out 20 minutes after install of the open beta.

Look at the payment options thread. Tim clearly stated only post if you vote for other. Four pages of "paypal or credit card please". :rolleyes:

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well as it seems to upset you I suggest you leave the forums until next week and check back if the Beta has been released or not, repeat until it has! ;)

11. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello Gents
    CDN Racer wrote:
    The best thing we all could do for ourselves and ISI is completely ignore them.
    By replying to there post is just feeding there ignorance.
    They have no clue what they are talking about or what it takes to create run a business or have any other thing in there lives then to ask or try and create problems.
    Ignore them and they will go and create problems somewhere else.

ISI made the right call on holding off till after the holidays or to when it is really ready to get out for testing.
    Can you imagine what these M..ns what have started or said if it was released and there where problems and support was not coming.
    Wow I hate to even imagine it.

If it where me I would make a forum called stupid Questions by morons and move this stuff there :lol:

Ruben M.

12. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

I'm glad you are in my league Ruben :) Common Sense is so hard to get these days!

13. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

I could quote some of last posts but i will not do that.
    For the ones blamming all the people who made a post complaining about ISI and their behaviour,this is a free forum i suppose,if i have an opinion you could agree or desagree,but coming here calling children and morons to people who have a different view of situation its just hipocrit as it is selfish.
    The ones being kids are you all who dont respect others opinions.
    Cheers.

14. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

Not all opinions are infallible. If I go into a science forum and say that "magic" is more quantifiable than "science" and that the moon is actually made out of cheese it wouldn't be unreasonable to get completely smashed because... quite frankly, that's a dumb opinion. Yes... there are such things as dumb opinions.

But the fact of the matter is, nothing that ISI have done is actually even remotely inconsiderate to the users. Pre-purchasing a game to get into a beta... is not unheard of and is quite common in the online game industry. Dammit, ISI even offers a refund if you dont like the game based on the beta... Many game companies don't even do that.

Have you ever had to deal with rude representatives from Korean MMO companies? No? Then sorry but you don't really know what you are talking about. I've lost money from poorly managed betas from online MMOs and Shooters before. Just saying...

Back on the subject of the beta: Does anyone know if the safety car system will be improved upon from rF1?

15. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Subject?? Tim never started talking about safety cars in this thread!, but my isp are happy I,ve not upset ISI web hosts yet! I,ve got the money! and I,m ready! just need ISI to flick that launch switch!

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You do realise that quote wasn't from this thread, right?

Anyway, it's still imminent. And we're waiting, yes. What I can't work out is what point you were trying to make between your first post (whether that be your actual first post about batteries [which wasn't really a discussion starter, I thought], or the one questioning pre-orders with no purchasing system) and your last one(s). But I guess I'll give up. And I do realise you're speaking/typing English, and I can read it fine, but if you don't want to review your own posts and clear up what you're actually trying to say then that's your choice.

Now please stop repeating yourself.

17. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Still waiting!?!?!?!

18. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

19. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

Yes... which would be why I asked the question...

Serious? Are you serious? It isn't even January yet.

20. D!2T

D!2T Registered

LOL so when January comes and goes what will you be saying then? "It isn't even February yet?"
    Seriously though, until actual admins of ISI post something solid about this, yours and others posts mean nothing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.