Tire compounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Domi, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Domi

Domi Registered

Hello all,

I have a question; is it possible with rF2 to see different tire compounds in race ? I mean the graphic of the tire, for example like in real F1, with 1 set of tires with a yellow stripe and another set of tires with a white stripe, depending if they are using the soft or the hard tire. With rF1 that was not possible (only worked in offline mode), but not on multiplayer races. What about rF2 ?

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

good question...also while on the subject of tyres...in rF1 if you have the top 10 set as parce fermme it locks tyre pressures..so if you run multiple compounds your stuck with the same pressure...is this adjustable under parce fermme rules in rF2?

3. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

And.... would like to know, i asked this last year in ISI Facebook, if it will be possible to use used tires? Practice session soft sets 20% and use the same sets in the begining of the race or change tires (used ones) in pit stop for the 2º stint ???? I think this feature is very important!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Gimli Oakenshield

Gimli Oakenshield Registered

That would be great !

5. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

This feature makes all sense to me!!!! The new tire model is coming, they could easily wright the code with this feature to add more realism to the simulation, F1, GT etc this is common to all kind of races......

6. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Bump, would be intresting knowing used tires are In the plans of developers?

Tim do you have some info about this??

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

That would be awesome but I think that it is very difficult to achieve(implement)!

8. coops

coops Banned

i just want the new tyre mod finished, then we will see less lock ups or a lot of ppl in the pits. IMHO times by a lot of drivers will fall by quiet a bit as they just treat it like rf1 at the moment.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Used tires, not sure. Never know.

Different compounds, both graphically and modelled? Probable. We will have cars which need those features to be built.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As different compounds are used in various categories I would've thought this would be quite high up the To Do list, used tires again something wished for since rf1 by many.

11. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

The 'used' tire feature would be a unique and very nice feature that would add greatly to both the GT and 'formula' guys :)

12. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

different compounds can be used i have seen mods add them to the cars upgrade section
    used tyres is a must

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

One can of course make compound to be whole new tire to be selected from upgrades, of course not the same thing, but that way one can get visual difference, I guess same with worn tires too to some extent. Not very convenient of course, but still workaround.