Monaco Chicane

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 12, 2011.

1. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I don't see nothing special on that screenshot. Only very high polys cars.
    I see here low quality grass and asphalt textures.

I would like to see another view on this track. Like heli cam, to see whole track and then we can talk about quality.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

DirectX 9, Shader Model 3.0 is enough for modders and shader developers.

Anything above this only introduces new stuff that can be used by engine programmers. Modders can write shaders, but they will write the same shaders for DX11 as they would for DX9 and you would see no difference in visual appearance nor performance.

There's no point in introducing DX10 / 11 unless ISI developers plan to put more advanced stuff into rendering engine in the future. For us it makes no difference.

Modders will not be able to take any advantage of DX10 and above.

What's really important is to have more flexibility shader interface than rF1 had. I don't expect it to be much better in beta release, but that's ok. When I get my hands on it I will be able to make suggestions. When comes to shaders it's often the little things that matter the most.

There are new shaders on cars and there is ENB plugin at work there as far as I can tell. Perhaps you got used to shaders / ENB so much that you no longer see the difference :) You can always compare to old screenshots from that mod.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
  3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

People just believe that turning into DX11 will provide better looking gfx. Which is of course mistake.

There are 2 things that may be considered as a reason to move into newer DX: need of installing DX9 into recent systems and new drivers/os compatibility. First case may be ignored as long as game installer installs DX9 for a customer.
    Second thing will not hit us for the next years for sure. So, no hurry.

4. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

Fully agree, just compare Dirt 3 on DX9 to the DX11 one and you will see nearly no difference. Furthermore, Crysis which was released in 2007 is in my opinion still the best looking game and it has DX9 (respectively DX10 but there's no difference)

5. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

Guys i really think we need to see this in motion before we can make judgments, seeing it at 60FPS at 1080p on your own screen with you in control is going to make all the difference, also remember RF2 has A LOT more complex and intricate systems. A whole new dynamic lighting system by the looks of it, dynamic grip levels across the track, dynamic track temperature, a bunch more physics improvements, proper driver animations, track-side animation systems (i can see modders having so much fun with this) and whatever else they haven't yet told us about.

As the game goes on and the average speed of systems increase over the years the texture resolutions and polycounts on the models will increase in the mods. It takes so much to build a track and a lot more to make it look good. Those monaco images look great and are you really going to sit and look at the texture of the sandbags behind a wall when your speeding and bouncing along the Monaco harbor at 150mph with a car behind you trying to line up a pass as you navigate the chicane. Let alone all the stuff going on up in the mountains and the marshals signaling for the crash up ahead which you are trying to navigate through debris smoke and fire...

i want RF2... :D

Also Tim your doing a great job in just replying to us which i thank you for

6. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

In my opinion every mod of rf1 wasnt as good as simbins recreation of rf1.
    The physics,graphics everything was outstanding what simbin made of rf1.
    Anf the simbin team is proffessionel the chief has driven on him own gt cups and that matters. I dont care any fictional
    Mods of children made without background of physics.
    In gt expansion or gtr evolution has every car his own "charakter" which seems logicly very similiar to realworld.

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yikes, there are tons of mods for rF1 made with real input and data that wip the crap out of GTR1/2. In fact, I don't know of any mods made buy children. When it comes right down to it, real driver input is kind of pointless unless it is from a driver that has run sims long enough to adapt to them. You throw any real driver into a sim and they are going to tell you it is nothing like the real thing. This is very true... it isn't anything like the real car and never will be. Input from drivers like Tommy Milner would be more useful if you ask me. There are plenty of mods that have had real driver input that still suck.

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Yeah I never liked the GTR family. It all felt too filtered and too smooth. Nothing ever gets violent enough which translates to nothing ever gets real enough.

And those "children" are usually very dedicated older people with degree's and families and more passion to create a great free product than someone just being paid to do it. Not saying people at simbin don't have the passion. Just saying if they stopped getting paid would they still make cars and tracks for the community?

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

GTR1 was like ice at low speeds. I still enjoyed it but it was a balancing act below 40mph or so. GTR2 was a big improvement I felt. But Ian Bell (the chief Grotesk refers to) left SimBin during the development of GTR2.

10. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

Race 07 is a big improvement of physics from GTR2. especially in the corner (on the curbs)

11. shum94

shum94 Registered

Go talk this subject is the right place god damn it.

12. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

After what I saw in that game made ​​in Brazil using the RF1, all released mods turned crap, of course, a structured team is better positioned to make things better, but it was seen as the RF1 and had to give 95% of the mods failed to deliver a good job, most mods RF1 are horrible, I hope this does not happen in RF2.

If this mod / game video below was done in the RF1, who played must have seen the excellent physics of the game, praised by real drivers of the category, imagine what could be done in RF2, I hope that the expectations are exceeded.

13. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Theres loads of cracking mods in rf1!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011