rF2: What are you anticipating from it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petros Mak, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Ok lets start having some nice conversations now about the game. What do you all anticipate or are waiting for from the game?

For me, its all about the modding and mods. Running a mod group its such a great feeling to be able to create content for the community to enjoy. And now with wet weather implemented into the game, its going to be so much better in developing wet weather physics and providing even more simulation feel to mods. I also think rF2 will have far more professional mods then rF1 did which is something I'm looking forward to too. What about you all?

2. Slothman

Slothman Registered

2 things really.

- The improved tyre modelling and real time track changes just is AWESOME...cannot wait to see what can be done.

- Mod creation.

We have a small group in Albany, West Aus who have been blessed with a guy who has created some of the BEST physics out there at the moment....and one that havnt been released that is a shame for everyone else out there :)

We also have a great local painter who has worked on some great skins for some of the better mods.

We have a good core group to use a sounding board and BETA testing where dedicated testing in a LAN environment is more than possible.

What we lack is a 3D Modellor....if anyone is keen to get on board, I would love to hear from you...send us a PM just in case we need you :)

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF1 with dynamic weather and live track would float my boat - anything else (and it looks like there'll be a lot) is a bonus :)

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I hope ISI implemented (or at least plan to do so) most of good stuff suggested by the community in various wish lists.

5. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

If they make rFactor2 with:

unlimited, accurate tracks (directly or through the modding community)
    unlimited, accurate cars (directly or through the modding community)
    variable weather and time (user defined)
    car tuning and analysis
    quality multiplay
    superb three screen graphics
    dynamic racing environment

I will fall over with glee.

d

6. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey I'm based in Victoria, Aus. :D Nice to see another aussie based modder.

7. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Years of fun? :p
    The only things I want better: the tiremodel and FF, the rest I can consider as a gift.

P.S. And I also want to stop reading complaints for U$S13 hahahahaha :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  8. Mike Coleman

Mike Coleman Registered

Sim addict, have been playing rF1 since it came out and this is my first post ever in these forums. This might get me flamed...

What I'm looking forward to the most:

1. New tire model and live track.

2. Updated physics and FFB.

3. And I'm hoping ISI keeps this going with new content and updates instead leaving it up to the modders.

After 6 years, I realized the default ISI content in rF1 was mostly far superior to 95% of the mods. I've pretty much tried every mod for rF1. And then I went back and really got to know the default content. Started from the beginning and actually played the rF1 "single player". Really fantastic.

Don't get me wrong. The modders are awesome. They do a tremendous amount of work for free because they love what they do. Their contribution is massive. For years I enjoyed many great mods.

But recently I've come to a realization. I want the best. ISI's BMW F1 was better than all the open wheel mods combined.

I had the great opportunity to beta test some mods for Race07/GTR Evo made by Günthar Rowe. Specifically, the conversion of the MMG F1 2007 mod to the Race Series.

We spent months just testing the tire compounds - in all kinds of conditions, and nothing else. Temps, wear, grip, slip angle, etc... Günthar made sure everything was perfect and realistic before we went on to the nest phase of testing.

Not very many modders have that much attention to detail. That experience gave me a whole new level of respect for what modders do.... and what they don't as well.

So I have a real problem with modders claiming they are responsible for rF1's success and longevity. ISI gave you the platform and the tools to make contributions. Some went above and beyond and made something really special... but not without ISI's platform and tools.

You don't see the "real" modders on here claiming ISI "owes" them something - like free multiplayer. The "real" modders are on board and excited about this.

I think every fan of rFactor who has a problem with ISI's new pricing program should take a step back and reflect on what this great company has given us for next to nothing.

Be glad they are still in business and creating PC only games for such a small community as us... the sim racers.

9. rci808

rci808 Registered

i hope piddy has some conversion tools for btb to rf2....

10. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I hear what you are saying Mike! Every once in a while I run "single player" to brush up on what different parts upgraded do to the handling of the car. The only downer was the A.I.

11. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

I have to admit that I agree with that, although that was also due to the fact that most mod groups just didn't bother doing new AI files for tracks. I hope that the AI creation tool for rF2 is either the same or better then rF1. I have gotten used to using rF1's AI tools and I hope rF2's won't be a let down.

12. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Love RF1
    But was always missing was
    Weather, real time telemetry,
    So for me If RF 2 has that I will be very happy and the rest will be the iceing on the cake.

Ruben M.

13. Highharti

Highharti Registered

-better physics
    -online driver swap and the ability to rejoin during the race

That's the most important for me.

14. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Totaly agree with Mike...

15. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

It's the overall driving experience that I'm looking forward to. An advanced tyre model, adaptive track surface and weather system that all interact with each other, influenced by what the player and all other cars on track are doing/have done in the session. That all sounds like such a big step forward in terms of realism to me.

16. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Registered

My list of what I hope to see:
    Great default content.
    Live Track that's far better than what GTR had.
    Realistic variable weather.
    Great AI.
    Great FPS.
    Quality mods.
    The end of poor conversions.

17. cluj

cluj Registered

If I remember correctly I've been playing for rfactor since 2006, I enjoyed very much and still do run in the championships of my community, seeing that seem to lack little to get rfactor2 hands, perhaps the issue that most excites me is the new behavior of the tires, to more than one will make us change the way you drive.
    Changing weather is another issue that most excites me, have different conditions during a race is going to be fantastic, maybe it would be crazy but amazing that these meteorological changes could be in real time with the conditions at the time run are given in the real circuit (perhaps a magician do reaidad this madness with a plugging) .
    Something I really think is necessary to improve FFB and automatic configuration of our wheels.

Greetings from Spain Tony

P.S: Sorry for my bad English

18. Grubby

Grubby Registered

I would like to see some sort of tyre management, where you are allocated a certin number of tyres per race event.

e.g
    you get 12 tyres for the event and you have to manage your tyres so they last all the official practice, warm up and race sessions. You need to have the ability to refit pre used tyres.

19. racechicken

racechicken Registered

I expect nothing from rf2. Wating for release, buy it, see it, drive it. And then...and only then is time to talk about it. ;)

20. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Me:

-Much better graphics. I'm not expecting a huge change but a good overhaul, but an outdated engine it will be dissapointing.

-Improve of FFB. I really like LeoFFB and RealFeel, but i wish that rfactor 2 comes with a own proper FFB, easy to configure.

-Improved physics and tire model.

-Realistic rain and weather changes.

-Yellow (and other) flags that actually works, i mean penalty if you ignore them. Improved safety car conditions.

-Maintain all the good things Rfactor 1 have (a lot!).

-A TV comercial.