Lifetime membership

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Nov 4, 2011.

1. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

[​IMG]

2. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

You're harsh. His hair had been like that ever since the moment he found out THE TRUTH.

3. blackcat77

blackcat77 Registered

If the MM account is only good for rF2, then buying annually is probably the best deal. $100 is the number being mentioned most frequently (though I know it's nothing official) and that would cover the game for 6 years following your purchase -- 1 year free and five renewals. The odds are that fF3 will come along sometime in the next 6 years.

However, if the MM account is separate from the purchase of the game, then a $100 lifetime fee would be reasonable. I plan to be around a lot longer than 6 more years so that would be a good deal.

4. guod

guod Registered

Next it'll be guys asking for a transferable lifetime membership so they can will it to their child. :D

5. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

It's not about the money. It's about assurance that if ISI sells or decides to turn off the plug for some reason then all of the investment into making mods isnt lost.

6. Kiro

Kiro Registered

I'm in.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

hahaha! It's him!

Well the basis of my earlier post was an attempt to establish how extremely unlikely that is. It's nearly 20 years ISI has been in business. It's remained independent (yes, even with the EA years) and has apparently never been in debt. That is a well-run business. One I am extremely happy to risk my wife and child by working for... And one that you shouldn't be that afraid to put money behind. That was my point. :) But if you want assurance? That's all you're going to get. It's your decision.

8. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

That's very disappointing

9. Revvin

Revvin Registered

What are you expecting? Tim to whip out a crystal ball and tell you exactly what the future holds for ISI?

If you are though Tim I'd love next weeks winning lottery numbers if thats ok

10. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

For him to guarantee that the game will still work in multiplayer if they sell or decide to stop making games.

11. 88mphTim

I'm done trying. :) Sometimes people just need to make a decision. If it's not for them, it's not for them.

12. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I think, in that case, ISI is mature enough to know what consequences would be if something like that happen, making rF 2 community literaly disappear (as we all know, it's mostly about online racing).

13. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

If they sell then what do they care?

14. 88mphTim

I see more trust for banks which have had recent bailouts than I see for ISI.

People seem more willing to have people who have had their books firmly in the red handle their mortgage, their pension, their savings, than have ISI, who've never been in the red (I'm told), handle a game for them...

Can anyone tell me why that is? Would appreciate being able to gain some understanding.

15. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

It might be because Banks are more a thing that you are familiar with. You can see buildings of them etc. About ISI on the other hand we basicly know very little, what you do, who you are, so it feels further away from us. With banks you feel more connected if you joined them (or at least I think so).

This is just me thinking while typing, so I might be completly wrong :p
    I would like to add that i DO trust ISI though ;)

16. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

All the reason another company would come by and buy it

17. 88mphTim

As I said above, ISI remained independent even when working with EA... That was because of ISI wanting to be independent.

18. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

Then there shouldn't be a problem offering long term licenses that guarantee we'll be able to run multiplayer for the duration of that license

19. 88mphTim

By definition of what you ask for, you already had that. The yearly online account did that, year by year. Glad we found a solution which works for you. :) I am done pandering to unfounded fears though. This will be my last reply.

You've posted just about every worst case scenario short of a plane crashing into the ISI HQ... So if you think those scenarios have any reality to them whatsoever, put your worst case scenarios down on a sheet of paper and make a purchase decision based upon them instead of reality.

20. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

Sigh, you haven't been listening. My league doesn't want a platform that may only be good for 18 months. We invest too much time and energy into our mod to allow the gods of business to take it away.