Lifetime membership

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

That sounds more like it.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I had a documentary on the Mayans on in the background while I was working today. There's some real nutcases out there... :) The funny thing is that most of them have crazy hair... Coincidence? I think not... If you start to see lots of people with wild hair starting December, 2012... Run.

3. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

I'm in , if all goes well :)

4. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Does this membership only cover one lifetime? For $100 I think I should be able to re-use it through several reincarnations:rolleyes:

5. Tripp

Tripp Registered

6. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    A life time fee sounds great but since I am old it might not work to well for me.
    How about something like
    1 year $12.00
    2 years $ $9.00
    And so on
    or even if it is not a discount per say
    I hope we will be able to buy a few years in advance and not have to worry about it.

Ruben M.

7. coops

coops Banned

forget the life time membership, maybe a 2 or 3 or 5 yr membership, your getting the game cheap enough now you want more. well in my world i want gets nothing.

8. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Locally well call those people Ferals :)

I like how you are looking at options guys, thats a good thing, but I notice a post above where even that option, combined with the first, just wont be good enough :p

You cant please 100% of the people 100% of the time I suppose.

9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I'm gonna add eighth smile to it :D
    Best piece of sarcasm I've seen in a while.

10. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Well Gjon doesn't say he will do it, more that he'll see if they can get it worked in so he hasn't announced a sure bet, so I doubt people will be angry if it doesn't happen. Personally, $13 dollars a year isn't anything. And considering the world will end (rolls eyes) on December 24th 2012. Well, I guess it won't matter then will it? LMAO

11. Adam

Adam Registered

I like the idea. Since I mostly play MMO's and racing sims, using the MMO model lifetime usually goes for $200-300 USD, which is about 2-3 years of monthly service. So for $44(rF2)+26to39(lifetime) I'd get lifetime probably. Did not see you ask what the market would bear :) but there's my $.02

12. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

In that case, i think ISI group will become a millionaires :) Good tactic. First, give people some information that will get people upset. Then people starting to claim, that would willing to pay a lot more money, if they get a copy similar to rf1. Putting peoples mind in that stage, that really willing to pay a lot. And finally the same people came with that idea about lifetime membership. And you will accepted it, if it will be possible. Thats brilliant. You get maybe a million people who is willing to pay 100$(gues). Even the "best" games in the World don't achieve that. And thats only, because of one claim about multiplayer. You are the master of the peoples mind hehe. Checkmate in one move :). Yes i am sarcastic :)

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Holy monkeypants! Thank you Gjon for giving this a thought. Even if it will be around $90-100 one time only it will be much cheaper than iRacing and more easy for me (and I`m sure some others) than subscription model.
    I wont be mad if it will not happen, of course. But I`l be happier if it will.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  14. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've always been interested in the Aztecs myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

13 bucks a year and 43 one time purchase is already cheaper than iracing.

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yeah, I missed "still". Still cheaper than iR. Now I`m thinking why I even brought iR up? Forget about comparison to iR. rF2 is only sim I care about in near future.

18. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Hey I will be 61 years old in december so I hope the lifetime fee isnt going to be as high as $100. That would equal around 7 and1/2 years at the original $13 per year tag. That would mean I would be pushing 70 before I got the same value for my money and to be honest, I cant see that I will still be racing by then. So please make the lifetime subscription optional after the initial 1year(or 18 months for beta testers has passed).

19. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Vincenzo Carlesimo Registered

It depends how much is this "lifetime-membership", otherwise is better buy the game with 5 years of subscription and you can save some money. Between 5 years who knows if we're still alive, if we have time for play again on rFactor. I believe that is impossibile to make a long-term project, life is so strange and complicated...

20. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I demand a genetic membership so that my progeny and theirs throughout the ages will be able to access my account - not for anyone who's family by marriage though, I know my kids are going to marry idiots.