rFactor 2 important Discussion..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Nov 4, 2011.

1. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I almost never drive non-ISI vehicles, though at least 50% of the time I'll use non-ISI tracks.

2. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

I really like the original content and in me community we had races in Silverstone, Mills, Montreal, Toban...

But i must admit i didn't play the original cars since i buyed Rfactor almost 4 years ago...

3. rci808

rci808 Registered

i opened server list and found 15 "all tracks and vehicles" servers in operation on first refresh.

i believe "all tracks and vehicles" is isi material. ...correct?

[​IMG]

4. shum94

shum94 Registered

No it's the possibility to join the server with any car as long you & the server have it.

So it's every mod possible and ISI content as well.

5. WiX

WiX Registered

lets get back to the real word people. Service has a price. The mods are free. don't expect the essence of modding ( the game engine ) to be free. Mod teams choose to create free content. no deadline, no additional cost, no employee to pay. Just time and creativity goes in it. last time i checked, ISI was not a charity organisation, but a company. So lets all grow up,and look at the world as it really is. As a modder i am still glad modding is tolerated. example.. RMT does mods for free. when we do something for a commercial project, we would not even start for free. The reason is simple. Deadlines, additional cost, service...

In the end of the day, even with the yearly cost, rFactor will still be one of the cheapest ways to do some serious online simracing. so i don't understand why one could complain.

my two cents.

1 person likes this.
  6. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

yes thats it :)

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

May I add that I think it isn't a valid point wether rF1 original content is run on servers or not..... In rF2 there will be different content, and it appears to be more as well. The WSbR (world series by renault) looks very promising to me. Maybe that will be run a lot (Megane's, or Clio's, or Formula Renault). And then the historic F1 and some more, there will be enough that might be used online. In the end, we won't know for sure in advance, but comparing the two isn't completely fair IMHO.

8. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

After these last days where the forum became a battlefield, I'm happy to know that ISI tolerate all critics (the good and the malicious... ;)), in other places you would have the same lucky as Joan of Arc as a minimum...

This is another good reason to buy the rF2 at least for me. :cool:

P.S. Tim, you need a break hahahaha

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

People like driving real cars, which is why rF2's licensed content will last a lot longer than rF1's fictional stuff. Most people dismiss the original cars without even trying them, and I reckon they'd be surprised how good they are if they spent a few hours on them. No doubt a lot of mods have looked better since, though a lot of that is increasing general computer power (so can put more detail in and still have it run), but for physics only the very good mods have surpassed the originals. Of course that's open to debate, because everyone has their own opinions on how a car 'should feel'.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Over the years I have developed a thick skin. But I've also formed the opinion that nobody is really wrong, they're either misinformed or simply have their own beliefs. I've just actually posted a little forum policy thread. You'll see it linked in the text box at the header of the forum occasionally...

I'd really love it if these forums could become a place where everybody will be OK to express their opinion, even if 99% of people think they're 'wrong'. I also believe that everybody deserves to be heard, to be able to express their side, but also deserves to be responded to (which is what I've been doing).

11. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Vincenzo Carlesimo Registered

That's the way to make forum happier and co-operative. Forum has borned 'cause everyone could say his idea, but we should respect each other even if they thinking different from us or someone says that we said something wrong. I think that one day when everyone will be friends is far away for today, but we could try at least on this forum :)

12. frankwer

frankwer Registered

13. SPONGEZILLA

SPONGEZILLA Registered

Well except Sloth... he's kept in the basement by the Fratelli's working on the new physics engine for RFactor 3/RF Pro 2... shhhhh though, don't want to blow his cover though. Them gosh-darned Goonies might find him and try to lure him away. ;)

14. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Registered

How many people play on non league servers.

rFactor is league game, there is many many leagues, not only pay there are free leagues.

So league mus pay for server, they make own calendar, own mod etc.

So why they must pay every year 13 USd when they pay 44 USD for game?

People will play rF1 because they can play for free only pay for server, or they will play C.A.R.S, rF2 is better but rF2 has bad politics.

or give advertisment in game, and let MP free.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  15. the_last_name_left

the_last_name_left Registered

Personally I suspect all these quibbles will disappear.

If you want to race online after 12 months, you need pay $13.....end of. :D

Once you accept it, nothing has really changed. I hated it when I heard it. But.....what difference does it really make? I always thought rF1 was too cheap, considering the amount of hours it gave me of quite remarkable fun. So.....glad to contribute. Think of it as helping your favourite developer to continue developing your favourite thing, and it's really no biggie. Anyway - that's how it is.....accept it?

16. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

First, $44 is an astoundingly cheap price for the software.

Second, $13 a year is the equivalent to just over three cents a day, or if you count the first year less than two cents a day. Who who has this game and a PC that can run it as well as a broadband connection and can't afford that? Even if you do come up with an example the answer would be an abject minority of the customer base.

Third, and I feel I must draw attention to this again, the money isn't just for multiplayer, it's for updates which means improvements and additional content, something ISI has been almost unreasonably generous with in the past.

Fourth, here in the UK at least its price point compared to other subscription games is not only fantastic but we're comparing it to games that are multiplayer only - games you cannot play if you don't subscribe. Even including the base game price you can have multiplayer/update access in rFactor 2 for a decade for $5 less than a two year subscription to iRacing and that's not including the cost of buying extra vehicles and tracks in iR. Again, I've got nothing against iR but the price difference is clear.

Advertising is a horrible idea that will turn more people away than an anual fee that adds up to less than I spend on soda alone in a month. Aside from anything else any advertisers connected to rFactor will likely have dim views on the dubious copyright status of various mods, not to mention the supposedly free advertising that represents and will heap a number of conditions on ISI.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A league doesn't have to pay at all, to host the games. Every player who connects to the server needs to pay.

Free multiplayer isn't just about cheats, it's about accountability. Ban an idiot on free multiplayer and he'll be back in 2 mins with a different name; is he going to go spend $44 so he can come back and annoy you again (and be banned again)? Only if he's got more money than sense...

If you don't like it, don't get it. Simple. No point sitting here threatening you won't buy rF2 unless the system is changed - if no one buys it, maybe they'll change it. But I'd bet my left one that won't happen :)

18. F1lover

F1lover Registered

gtgt

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011
  19. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I'm fairly sure money isn't transferred to the hosts, I think it's more just the case that running the dedicated server program won't cost money.

20. Drifter

Drifter Registered

Lazza is correct, no rF2 subscription is needed to run the dedicated server. In fact, the game does not even need to be purchased at all to use the dedicated server, just the same as rF1

The only cost my league will see is the same server rental that we have always paid, that won't change with rF2

When you rent a game server, you get a blank system on which you can install whatever games you want. We have rFactor and Game Stock Car on ours now and rF2 will be the next addition.