rFactor 2 important Discussion..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Nov 4, 2011.

1. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Without ISI there is nothing to mod. This forum is becoming insane. I can't get over the attitude of some of these modders and alot of the people on this forum. It's ridiculous.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

LMFAO.....get over yourself dude.

Release the damn game ISI. I have to stop coming to this idiotic forum.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

WHO FREAKING CARES!!!! Just realized it was the same complainer as the first post. Just give him some tissues and maybe he'll shut up.

There = place or position
    Their = possession

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  4. Revvin

Revvin Registered

In terms of pizza the base either makes or breaks it, without a solid foundation the pizza is no good. Without a good base your toppings fall onto a hot baking plate and burn away to nothing. Maybe if Mario is such a hot shot he should make his own base in his own kitchen or perhaps talk to the people who make the base and license their pizza bases at the correct commercial rate rather than jumping into someone else's kitchen for a low low price and still proclaiming their pizza would be nothing without him

5. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

My opinion on the this: accounts online are made for:

-Automatic updates/patches/new content via the game.
    -Make easier mods installations and updates
    -Prevent piracy--->C'mon, every body knows that two things make Rfactor so huge, the most important the modding community of course, the other: the abillity of play online with cracked versions.

I understand what the creador of the first post and others are arguing, and i am agree with that it many points, but at the same time I understand 100% the reasons of ISI of making this new system. I don't think they have in mind "making money thanks to mod creators", they have their own reasons, the ones i explained above I think......

6. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Your an idiot dude.. instead of providing any added value to this topic you just turned it into a a child forum.. Grow up idiot.

7. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Awesome post.. thanks Johnsclander.

8. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

could you tell us your age ???

9. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I think he is very very old man and that's why he's so frustrated ;)

10. shum94

shum94 Registered

I like pizza, is that the subject of the thread ?

11. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Question.. ..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011
  12. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

The contention is, and you can repeat the question until you're blue in the face, that it doesn't matter what a server is running. Why? Several reasons.

1 - Because it's running in software laboriously coded by ISI. The graphics engine, physics engine and net code are all ISI and whatever you may think of modders making models and changing car dynamics to suit is the easy part in comparison. And yes, I am speaking as a modder myself.

2 - If we get in to that argument most modders don't actually have the rights to what they're reproducing or even the resources they reproduce it with.

3 - An internet connection connects us to content around 99.999999% of which is neither produced nor owned by the ISP. By your logic that means that they have even less right to charge us than ISI.

4 - We're being charged for more than copy protection and multiplayer. Perhaps you missed the word 'updates'. Let's put it in terms of modern gaming trends: Server access and a license to use all DLC produced within the space of a year for $13. That's damn good value, especially when you look at how many updates rFactor got or how much less you get for how much more iRacing charges. (Though please, for the love of god, let's not get in to ISI vs iRacing arguments, I've love enough for both platforms.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  13. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Vincenzo Carlesimo Registered

I don't really care how much ISI mod or severs are on in the net, i think that change way to business to the ISI that could be bad accepted for the most users.

I mean, 'till now once you bought the game you could download mod and make one your for free and now they ask a multiplayer cost online for keep alive the game. The question is, who cares about offline game? You could play offline for training for the race online with your friends. Who make competition offline? I think few person, this game has borned for the multiplayer games.

If ISI ask money and allow to have a private server free with anti-cheat and many option i could understand, but if you should pay Isi for keep alive the multiplayer, servers and may be the subscription for the simracing forum where you play is very much money to spend for a passion, not a work.

I hope that you understand me, i'm italian and i'm no so fluent in English.

14. F1lover

F1lover Registered

All valid points. its the Glass half empty senario..

15. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Ciao Vincenzo, sono d'accordo con lei, i Suoi inglesi sono molto buono!

16. 72stock

72stock Registered

Just fired up rFactor and found the following

race server 1 BMWF1
    smaggs2 rtrainer
    battlestats.nl BMWF1
    rF server lienz 2006
    FvrFactor Panoz
    PM Motorsports SR Grand Prix

by the way you do realise Tim Bennet was disagreeing with your views don't you?

17. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Vincenzo Carlesimo Registered

Grazie :)

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`m not a modder.

Original rF1 cars are not so popular, I see this too. But original tracks: Monza, Nurburgring, Silverstone and to a less degree Barcelona (because it is not so accurate) we race regularly. For me most default cars are not interesting because they are fictional.

It looks like rF2 will feature real cars, and really good types of cars. Tracks too. So I think I will spend much more time with default content in rF2. And Tim hinted that cool content will keep coming from ISI. So it looks like this nice real cars and tracks justify higher price for rF2. For me they are. Add to this new features, like whether, live track, etc. If ISI will produce affordable lifetime licenses I`ll be happy, because it will be model close to rF1. If only subscription option stay, it will be more difficult for league racers, will see...

I can not tell from the modder perspective however. I only recently created log analyzer and league system for rF, and was planning to release version of analyzer for rF2. I`ll decide if I`ll do that after close look at beta. Maybe log analyzer will not be needed for rF2 at all.

19. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Yes i do understand he

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011
  20. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Holy crap, did an argument on the internet just end amicably? ALERT THE PAPERS!