Matchmaker Subscription?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyle House, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Where you have read from that you pay for online services provided by ISI? As far as I know you pay for the software (rF2) only.
    It's up to ISI if they provide something more for free or not.

Don't rent servers or pay for matchmaker. It's on you this time ;)

There is something true in this statement. I'm not against this idea.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Absolutely not. I'm only explaining what Tim allready said in the interview: "matchmaker, updater and news", and here in the forum, that online account makes some things work automatically, but without it you can still do it manually.

So, you can visit twitter or rfactor.net for news or have online account and get these nevs delivered automatically. You can visit rfactor.net and check for updates or you can have online account and get updates automatically.

The only thing that can be some difficulty is access to matchmaker service. Without it you will have to look for online sessions by other means, but you will still be able to connect. Do you seriously think connecting by IP or server name will be dropped from rF2 and the only way to play online would be with matchmaker account?

Come on people, you're getting paranoid here :D I thing iRacing's sales model affected some of us too much ;)

I'm not saying that kind of scenario isn't possible, but it seems like the worst case scenario in the light of what Tim said allready.

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

would be possible an optional unlimited license "gold" at higher price?
    (with this solution many interest for ISI)

i think it will be a simple solution.

4. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Listen you little jumped up ****wit, we pay for our servers every year and have done for the last 5 years, when you start paying for your own server you might have an incline in to why server owners would seem a bit pissed at having them dissapear from the listings.

5. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

So after a year we need to pay to see a server list, thats taking away somthing we already had isnt it..

So with your mindset all leagues will fail to exist.

Lets cut to the chase Tim, if isi needs more money for the game then charge us X amount for it now instead of faffing about with silly addon pay as you go nonsense, i'd rather tell the 250 plus members we have who will need to buy rf2 that its x amount, not its x amount this year then you need to pay more in a year...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  6. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

No. All leagues with their own servers and community will be as good as they always were.

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Yes, yes it is foolish. Blizzard seems to charge subscription services for WOW that don't just cover wow's costs but enough is left for blizzard to pay for every other game they make and still have insane profit. ISI knows what kind of costs running the matchmaker service is going to entail and don't want to pay out of pocket in the long run.

Try telling that to your cable company or your utilities. You buying rF2 on January 31st 2012 for $50 pays for its development up to this point but it isn't going to cost ISI $0.00 for updates and SERVICES after you buy it. SERVICES cost THEM money. Money they are no longer receiving because you bought the game three hundred and sixty five days prior. They have no other way to pay for their expenditures.

THIS is a great system. If in 1 years time you don't play rF2 (which there will be some people) you don't have to pay additionally AND you didn't have to pay MORE for the initial rF2 release to try and cover this future cost.

I would have been far more upset if they said rF2 will be $100 instead of $50 to cover matchmaker for a few years. Charge me $50 and we will work out services later.

8. David G Fisher

David G Fisher Registered

Hutch-Sco, you make no sense at all. ISI needs x amount of income to cover the costs of creating rF2. Apparently you would you be happier if ISI scrapped this subscription idea, but raised the price of the intitial release in order to make sure they meet their projections. Despite paying roughly the same amount overall to ISI, you'd like it better because it wouldn't *feel* like (a year from release) ISI was taking something away from you that you'd already paid for?? Believe it or not, they are creating options for some buyers to actually save money. ****wit.

9. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Buy a ps3 if you thinks its a great system, are isi afraid to tell us how much they want us to pay for the game now that they need to adopt a pay as you go system.

How long has rf2 been in development ? seems like a long time for half a game...

10. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Are you struggling for money ?

If isi need more money its no problem, what i dont need is an excuse to get more money out of the punters by removing options already in game, sounds like a proper yankee style way of thinking.

Why not be honest and charge us more, charging for addons is ps3/xbox style ways of getting more money out of the punters.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  11. Stefano Schivari

Stefano Schivari Registered

i think that the best thing to do it's just wait and see how it goes then decide if buy it or no.
    Now we are complaining about just a 'voice' nothing it's official or better we dont know well what about we are talking.

12. Revvin

Revvin Registered

I think everyone should just calm down a bit and wait for further information on this. I think it wasn't a very good idea at all to give such information out without having more detail as it has obviously led to some sim racers minds being totally blown. Lets just wait and see what Tim or someone else from ISI can tell us in terms of costs, features etc.

13. David G Fisher

David G Fisher Registered

I'll pay whatever ISI wants for rF2. Considering the amount of hours of enjoyment I received from rF, the cost of that sim to me was virtually nothing. That's why I can't fathom the complaints in this thread.

14. THUNDERbreaks

THUNDERbreaks Registered

Do you prefer half a$$ed games pubblished by EA with fixed release date and tons of bugs? Go ahead dude, feel free.
    Seriously I see lot of nosense crying goin on. Someone even compare rF2 to iRacing, folks you don't know what you are talking about. Go check how much they charge you for a single car and a single track. rFactor 2 will have mods, tons of mods.
    Oh and this 1 year thing will keep morons and wreckers out of the game, so it's more than welcome.

15. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

I prefer not having to pay for updates for unfinshed work !!

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well here we go! Simracers are bitching now because a software company is going to charge for online access. Look at the clowns over at iracing and how well they are doing. It was only a matter of time before other companies started catching on. I'm not going to bitch because I've put money into jon henrys pocket and this charging to online access will be the future. Simbin will be next I reckon. Congrats sim racers on OUR accomplishment.

At least I will own the damn game and will not be paying to just use it. If I choose to only race AI and not pay to race online then that's what will happen.

1 person likes this.
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

who says it'll be unfinished in 1 years time?

as I stated elswehere this News was broke to the community in the wrong fashion, lots of unanswered questions and queries and all sorts going on...bad ISI go to the naughty step!

18. Stefano Schivari

Stefano Schivari Registered

we see guys ISI are nice guys we see that they do it with passion,i hope just they say clear what we will pay and how much.
    I think if Tim will say: ''you have to pay 10$ every year,becouse i broke the turbo of my car'' we will pay with any kind of complains :)
    just kidding but for sure i will be glad to support isi as much possible

19. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

It might not be finished marc but this bs with pay in a years time will only lead to another payment down the line, just you wait and see.

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Than feel free to wait for rFactor2 until "the end of days" because it is an IMPOSSIBILITY to FINISH something as complex as rF2 before release not knowing what all the bugs are going to be on a million hardware configurations. AND..

WTF are you talking about?

The updates are free.. they always will be. What the additional cost will entail is the premium AUTOMATIC updater (so you can still manually download and install all future updates it is just slightly harder) and the hosting of the matchmaker and stat tracking on their servers. Your not paying for more cars and tracks. Your not paying for engine and graphics updates. Your not even paying for using rFactor through the internet. YOU'RE PAYING THEIR ELECTRIC AND HOSTING BILL. A bill that comes from offering you a service. Do you understand now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.