Promo video "Grand Prix" for newly announced rFactor 2 track at Inside Sim Racing

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think, after time, you'll learn enough to be able to use it. But, by default, converted rF1 tracks will not have it. The modder will have to do the work to add it.

2. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Thanks Tim for your reply. I understand that is not so easy to drag a track from rFactor1 in rFactor2. I'm not afraid of difficulties.)

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Without going and checking the video again, I'm pretty sure that was just post processing. Early on there's vegetation in front which blurs, but the blurring is between the vegetation as well. (so just a simple area blur) I personally don't think DOF has any place in games anyway.

Tim, trying to help with translation here, this is one aspect I believe Dimitry is talking about (having dirt actually carried onto the track, especially where there is a transition from dirt to tarmac as part of the track layout).

Also in a previous post I think he might have been asking whether there was any chance of having the actual geometry of a dirt track change in accordance with the lines the cars have been taking (ruts etc), which to me seems unlikely unless a track is built to allow for it and with some specific parameters for its implementation. (so far the 'live track' [if that's the term we're using] has seemed restricted to effects related to weather conditions and marbles etc)

4. 88mphTim

I'm with you on the DOF. Although I would like to see us add it as a camera option, eventually, in replays. There's no way a dev should tell me where I would be focussed. If I want to look at that billboard as a drive by, it shouldn't be blurry just because. :)

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with whether the rubber build up could be used to simulate the affects of moving dirt... While technically possible, I don't know whether it'd be done. What I meant by my reply was that he could continue to do it the way he does in rF1 if that's working for him. But I guess it would be a shame for him not to try...

5. ToFast

ToFast Registered

this goes ahead and it is Great!

6. shum94

shum94 Registered

On my 27" the forum posts are in the center, leaving lot of place on the side. I liked how it was before. Did not see in the settings to wide things up.

About some new media, why not let Ingy do a hotlap in the oldies on Monaco :)

7. theother5

theother5 Registered

Tim, another vote of thanks to you and your team.

You mentioned another Q&A and this I think is a great idea as we etch ever closer to an initial beta release.

The 1000 thoughts and words each picture/visual output apparently represents, are uncontrollable. Everyone has different priorities, interests. The updates are a life line for all of us here on the forum and elsewhere .... and I mean ALL of us.

I believe there is a large majority who are less vocal and even silent. I feel that of those who do post comments, they appear to both understand the status of development and have the patience to hold on for this release. For sure, some will also misunderstand or have specific interests, but being less vocal by nature, they are not noticeable.

There is a minority who are louder and more vocal. Some are clearly knowledgeable in certain specific areas but on occasion many of these folks appear to show a misunderstanding of the warnings / advice notes which accompany the visual output [e.g. WIP].

This is not about 'them and us" yet frankly speaking, there are two groups here!

I believe we all are stoked and fully support this enterprise that is rF2.

To the louder minority, where applicable, please understand that you also have a responsibility to be less absolute ALL the time.

Please try to be a little more appreciative that " Rome was not built in a day" .

Drilling down on a topic is OK, you may know alot about it and it helps the likes of me who knows less. Drilling blindly with respect the overall project however is not helpful.

A Q&A session to follow up the previous will be alot of work no doubt but it would also be a great run up the beta release.

I'm a quieter member here, who reads alot, am not an expert in any technical sense but appreciate most all the discussion most all the time.

I intend no offense yet stand by my post. I write it with respect towards all who read it. I just feel as we near the release and as pressure surely grows, it's a message that needs at least to be called out.

thanks ISI

1 person likes this.
  8. Scott Hiland

Scott Hiland Registered

continuing on theother5 post,

I'm also one that constantly reads this forum, yet not too vocal. rF2 looks to be much improved with some nice sim like features (especially the tire model and rubbering in the track and of course the weather :) ). Granted we all want more, but none the less you guys at ISI look to be doing a good job.

Even though I want to play the game now, I also would wait for a complete sim opposed to you guys rushing it out the door and giving us something incomplete. Please keep us updated as what theother5 said, most of us that are quieter on the forums really do like these teases, sort of speak.

1 person likes this.
  9. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck Registered

Shameless rip from iRacing.. really hope ISI is not supporting this conduct...
    Hate to make this my first post here but its already starting all over again...

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

This thread had a bunch of panties in a knot last night in another forum. LOL. :p

11. 88mphTim

Yeah we don't support that at all... Thought it looked like a good model!

Dmitry, you possibly need to contact iRacing. Obviously if it is your model I am sure they would be pleased to hear that, but looking deeper at it I suspect the worst, and we don't appreciate or support that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.