rFactor 2 WIP HDR comparison screenshots

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I disagree with you. Just look at what K Szczech is capable of, on his own.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Well, you said something different previously: "HDR is summary from those effects (SSAO, Bloom ..etc)" - that's why I replied :)

Outdated :)
    It was designed to be compatible with Shader Model 2.0 hardware like GeForce FX or Radeon X. For example, you couldn't do blending in HDR on that hardware - that's why blending is done in LDR in Valve's implementation.
    Current implementations assume Shader Model 3.0 hardware as minimum (or even 4.0) and therefore are much simplier and allow everything to be processed in HDR.

3. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Don't be fooled, CARS is not a new sim, it's NFS SHIFT3.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Show proof.

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

The graphics engine used in CARS is the one used by Slightly Mad Studios for Shift 2. But since Shift isn't a sim the guys got together with this VERY LOW INITIAL COST project called cars and are waiting for you and I to pay for the physics engine development over the next few months and years.

6. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

@CdnRacer Look up "Slightly Mad Studios", watch a few videos of Shift and CARS, and then search wikipedia for "logic".
    Also people who tried modding Shift say there are a lot of familiar things in the physics files from ISImotor sims. So Shift could be made as a sim, but wasn't. From other people currently beta-testing CARS I've heard that it feels not much different to Shift2 so far.

PS: after reading a lot of things from the SMS before the release of Shift that all turned out to be spectacular BS, I think it's slightly mad of them to expect that the hardcore simracing fans they so blatantly lied to would fund their next project.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
  7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Some studios start with graphics in their development schedule. Some studios start with physics. Some don't need to do certain things, some do. If you're going to compare two completely different things and in some way make them seem the same, and then complain because they aren't the same, then I'm afraid you're always going to get unhappy answers for your comparisons.

8. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Some studios show only ten percent of the project: the sweet side.

9. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I'm going to disagree with that claim. CARS is easily on a trajectory to surpass rF1 in the physics department and it could even give rF2 a run for its money by the end of development.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I still don't see any proof. Anyways the shift series is owned by EA so I don't understand how cars could be shift 3. Maybe he's a isi fanboy who feels threatened by it. Not sure. Nice try though panda.

11. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

You guys are all completely retarded that say this is just Shift 3. Pay the $35 or whatever the hell it is. Test it out, mess around with it, do whatever. Then go back to the developers and talk to them. Tell them what you felt and listen. You get a say in this sim if you pay.

So far development is going great. Two dev builds into an 18 month projected process and there are a handful of drivable cars and two tracks. Physics are a little wonky right now but not bad. Visually it is stunning. Not overdone washed out crap, and doesn't look like crap. Great textures and models, the whole deal.

I am impressed by it overall so far. I am sure it will give rF2 a run for it's money as well as iRacing. rF2 however will have the modability which CARS will not. I like the competition sims wise. It is great for the industry.

12. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

this discussion on what's better or not.. is really sterile.
    On not finalized products (both)

unbelievable but true

13. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Funny thing is that rF2 is actually only platform than can offer all of these three components: online play, moddability, offline play
    I could also add dirt racing as an extra, but I'm not sure was it a rumour or feature... Tim? ;)

In what level of success these components happen, we don't know yet. But I am confident they all are well refined from rF1.

For me, rF1 has been the only car sim after NR2003 I've came back for again and again. Having one year iRacing sub and not playing it is a total waste, but hell it is so boring. Papyrus should have stick with offline NASCAR sims, they were best at it. CARS doesn't intrest me at all right now, it seems to be about paying the commercial company for your creative/design input. In normal gaming industry it is vice versa. Feels like scam.

Yes, offering shares of sell is also a scam which is widely used in creative industry.

14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Interesting discussion about HDR screenshots you have here... not ;)

15. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Maybe ISI should share some new images with us. ;)

It's been roughly four weeks since the first batch and I'm curious to see what progress they've made.

16. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Perhaps none that would be visible on screens.

Sometimes you need to put graphics aside and work on menus, performance, flexibility, stability, packaging and so on... That's a huge part of work that you don't see on screens / videos nor could it become a good topic for discussing it with community.

For example - it's been a year since I first shown my shaders until I had some kind of editor that could be used by people. In the meantime people were complaining that I don't share my work with community and don't provide any tools. Sometimes there's just huge amount of "invisible work" that needs to be done between the point where you can show something on a screenshot and the point where it's actually stable and flexible enough for general use.

That's why I say - let them work :) Feedback is always appreciated and impatience is understood but I believe they have their hands full allready, so time for feedback will come when public beta is available.
    Some of us will present modified screenshots or videos with their vision of rF2, some of us will share our opinions and suggestions, but none of that speeds up developmnent and ISI has it's own vision of the product.

Yeah, I'd love to see a few screenshots every day, but I don't think more screenshots would give us better idea of what to expect than we allready have. List or just partial list of tracks and cars would probably be more informative :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
  17. shum94

shum94 Registered

And a screen for each track present in the game wouldnt please you ?!

Tim has been hired for what some of us and I ask for. He has licensing to do i understand, but a screen every week shouldnt be hard to do.

And please i like to see Full HD snapshots because latest screen were wip hdr preview in 1600 x 1050 something, and these are just 1200 x 800 http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/screens/wipscreens/rfactor_2_hdrsingle_02/

Again if 2011 it is, then we should see more of what we're gona get.

18. Cavallino

Cavallino Registered

THAT"S the Sound I want to hear on Rf2. !!!!!!

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I clearily said I'd love to see new screenshots.
    I'm just not gonna demand it just because I'm curious or impatient or I think they should now begin marketing of their product.
    Actually I don't think they should - it's too early for marketing. What we're about to get is open beta, not final product that will make it to store shelves and need marketing.

I wouldn't even be surprized nor worried if first release wouldn't include things like antialiasing, replays or HDR. Such things could be added sometime in the middle of beta testing.
    Simply put - first things first. We just have to wait and see what will be there. Maybe we will get everything in first beta release, maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011
  20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

ISI doesn't have to show you crybabies anything. Do you honestly think that tim was hired to show WIP screenshot so you morons can say "oh I don't like the HDr or I don't like the colours"...etc. I'm sure tim has other stuff to do than to communicate with a bunch of sucks around here.