Some new WIP Tire Vids

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 30, 2011.

1. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Do not mislead people, you have the wrong strain.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, curious what you mean... who's misleading who?

3. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

on video 2 rFactor Tire deformation no lateral resistance, there is only vertical pressure.
    Videos buyout, I have shown, there are also vertical and lateral pressure.
    I'm afraid to be a bit better the old physics, and beautiful graphics.
    I would like to have that physics was on the mark, and the video can be seen that the rubber does not work correctly.
    This applies to all, and asphalt and dirt ...
    a month from developers is no information, videos or screenshots. (

4. simfan

simfan Registered

Watch again first video of rfactor2 Tire deformation.
    From 45s to 55s watch the tire.

5. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I revisited it many times, is the load on the left side of the car will naturally become flat tires badly, the movement of the blade rubber at all.
    Better to let the developers themselves will answer - yes or no lateral resistance of tires relative to the body.
    I am more than confident that there is no lateral resistance. Therefore, the tire contact patch with the road will always be changed. There's just a beautiful obliteration and flattening tires. The pressure will be working as an extra shock absorber.
    In the game you need to completely change the physical dvizhek. I think the boundary will be better than the first part, but not at the level of 2011.
    I look very forward to this sim, because I myself developing an route for the rally-cross. And this work is the route in real time (trajectory prorezinivanie, desiccation, pollution) about it, we know nothing will look like. I have an idea how to make it working properly, but I'm not a programmer and sew it into the game I can not.
    I did a full 4 real track, many new developments on the basis of rFactor1, the embodiment of wild ideas. But this is not true before going rFactor2.
    And I'm just tired of waiting.

Sorry for my bad English.

6. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

The weight of the car and the driving style should be considered too. That's a pretty light car and it wasn't forced enought to notice massive lateral deformation on the tires.

We'd notice thoses features better if they used a heavier car with high tire profile, such as the Clio Cup imho.

7. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

8. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Lateral deformation depends mostly on tyre load, lateral grip that is generated by the tyre and how stiff tyre's sidewall is. So it really depends...

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Truly they should preview something like this properly implemented in rF2 to show off tire deformation.

I hope they don't ignore off-roaders and dirt/gravel racing like they have in rF1. I mean other than corr trucks and buggies.. Can someone show me ONE off road 4x4 street mod?

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Isn't that what you just did with that video?

11. simfan

simfan Registered

Where I could find this mode for rf?

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

What I showed you is the ONLY mod of that type and it was never released Video from 2008. So there. rF2 needs more offroaders with the release.

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Not much my cup of tea but it looks like a great 4 x 4 Mod anyway. Supensions work as being real.

14. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

In other simulators are emerging strain of tires

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
  15. simfan

simfan Registered

This is rfactor 2 topic!!

16. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

And it is the job of rF2 to best all the competition that comes before it. If Kart Factor has something to envy it should be shared with the community and then "stolen" and implemented in rF2. It's just good business practice.

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

I will be very impressed if rF2 karting ends up being as good as that video above.

18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

The graphics on Kart's video are ****ing awesome.

19. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Would be terrible if developers rF2 see this video and say, "We have found a bug in the design and postpone the release of one year or two" trying to catch up the level of KartSim
    Because in fact they seem to have left the old physics engine, new graphics engine only.
    I look forward to a decent exit rF2, which is very long. And I hope he will be best for the next 5 years.
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!

http://sim-tc.blogspot.com/ this is not advertising, my blog, with new developments and techniques to create new tracks for the Racing game.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How can you tell? You can't see the physics :)

Nice videos, but you could get the same graphical effect using rF1 physics (the tyres 'compress' based on parameters, and lateral load is calculated which could quite easily be used)... if rF2 doesn't look as pretty it doesn't mean the underlying physics, and by that I mean the stuff that determines how the tyre actually contributes to the car's handling, isn't as good... or even better. rFactor wasn't the prettiest game when it came out, rFactor 2 won't be either.