Some new WIP Tire Vids

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Uff

Uff Registered

I read them, that's why I wrote that post. You're becoming ridiculous. By the way, at least every forum has a ignore list: from now on you are definitely right, I won't read any of your messages.
    Everybody is telling you the same thing since the very first screenshot was released. If you have a problem with how ISI shows their new previews just open a new topic where people can discuss about it. Stop going costantly off-topic with every single comment you write.

For sure, but when you comment something you should at least understand what was the purpose of that video/screen. Nobody he's forcing him to watch WIP from ISI: there's no AA because that's not the point of the video/screen. Pointing it out every single time is simply... stupid. And he's behaving like that since the first screen was released: I think ISI understood his opinion as much as we did.
    They're not going to change the way they work just because of Shum's rant.
    As I wrote few lines ago, these topics usually go OT after one of his comments: wouldn't it be better to keep the discussion on topic? We should talk about tire physic, not lack of AA in the video or ISI release policy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Antialiasing is performed by graphics card, not by game engine. So we all know how antialiasing looks like. There's absolutely no point in turning it on for WIP material to show us that GeForce or Radeon is doing a good job :)

These videos were meant to show how tyres and suspension will behave in rF2, that's all. For that purpose no one needs anything above 720p nor antialiasing.

3. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

No you dont....... you see a black shadow on the tyre that looks like a flat spot, the tyres still the same shape, look again....

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Download the HQ versions and watch the suspension arms. I think your mistaken.

Keep in mind 100X tire wear also means locking your tire for 20 feet is now the same as locking your tire for 2000 feet. I think? Maybe not but it is certainly an exaggerated flatspot.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think its hard to tell, at first I do notice some suspension movement from the first flat spot, trouble is as the wear is 100x the flat spot disappears very quickly so you dont see a good representation of this. Plus the tarmac changes and has rough areas so again its difficult to notice, in conclusion I dont think (we) can tell 100% either way.

EDIT #1 - upon a 5th look at the HQ download the suspension movement is definatley there for the flat spot

EDIT #2 - Anyone spot themselves in the Crowd yet? :D

6. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

They move to the bumps on the road surface i would say, watch the end of the vid where they dont move at all after he flat spots it, there is no movement so does that mean the movement earlier was due to the bumps in the road surface.

We know its exaggerated, so surely the vibration from the wheel being out of balance would be exaggerated too.

Maybe tim could awsner how it works.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm interested to know whether a deflating/fully deflated tire is shown properly, also whether a blown tire is just that, large chunks of rubber with the rims sparking across the tarmac.

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

No point in arguing with Hutch as he is a complete moron. Guaranteed he is a virtualr troll.

9. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Coming from the retard who is against an anti cheat programe.

What are you doing in here now ?? trolling.

Marcg wants to know if other scenarios with a tyre will be shown, but i'm a troll for spotting the wheels still in balance after a flat spot lol

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

back on topic (AGAIN!)

I can only hope we get all variations of a puncture, therefore the "feel" of a slow puncture is a must for me especially in the FFB and also the asthetics with the tire going down visually over a period of time, same with immediate flats and what not. Hurry up and get off holiday Tim ;)

11. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Please don't remind me--I didn't submit my picture in time and it still pisses me off. :(

12. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

On ISI's next video, they should only use maximum detail on the part that's relevant, then the rest be set to absolute minimum detail.

EDIT:
    Can't wait to try out the new tire model.

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

LOL! War territory here...

Anyway, I couldn't see vibration on suspension too, but I clearly saw the tire flipping.

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Keep cool guys, the tiremodell isnt finished yet.
    The flatspot thing was implemented some days ago for the very first time, they re still tweaking it.
    In the end you all will be suprised of the realism and very very happy with it.
    And no, its not a visual damage.
    Right now the physical side is much more realistic than the visual (wear, deformation, etc.).

You will be suprised how realistic this will feel in the end.
    No one with ffb enabled wants to have a flatspot anymore as soon as rf2 is available, for sure :D.

Anti Aliasing costs a lot of performance, high resolution, too, and a record tool like fraps, too.
    I am sure after their optimizations and as soon as the post effects are implemented they will do some hq movies of it.

15. shum94

shum94 Registered

Ah someone who knows rF2 and talks well about it.

Thank you Gonzo.

16. knightyc

knightyc Registered

when you have a puncture or de laminated tyre (if possible) is it visable will the tyre actually deflate and flap about?

The flat spot looks good and seems i will have to change my driving style lol

17. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Tire model physics is finished?

We have from last 2 years some screens, we had menu shot, WSbR 3.5 screen, etc. Some of them look very good in 2009(!), what change after 2 years of develop? What is progress in % of rF2, I mean only rF2 without content, it's finished? There is wheater system 100% done? LiveTrack?

What about tire models? In screens from March 2009 cars had 2008 Bridgestone F1 Tire (http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-six-user-interface-screenshots/ ), Michelin on WSbR (http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-new-screenshot-reveals-wsbr-car/ , http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-new-car-body-reflection-preview/ , http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-four-spectacular-new-screenshots/ , http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-world-series-by-renault-confirmed-new-preview/ ) , Clio Cup (http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-plenty-of-new-previews/) ; Milestone(?) on C6R and 370Z(http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-nissan-370z-preview/ , http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-more-reflection-previews/ ), Dunlop Tire on Historic F1 (http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-two-high-resolution-screenshots-available/) This tire models will be based on REAL DATA?

Modder teams like MMG Mak Corp or CTDP have full support of ISI with thier mods? Beacuse what we saw ISI has Megane Trophy Car in rF2, and some time ago MMG announced Megane Trophy car for rF2, that is the same car?

18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Very nice the inflatable puppet animated (0min23sec - 26 sec of first video) at the very right of the screen, the animation looks very smooth and complex.

19. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I wonder when Tim will be back from his pseudo-vacation.

20. simfan

simfan Registered

Later this year ;)