WRC in rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danne26, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

please bring rally to rfactor2. I will contribute money to this as I can't do anything else.

2. johnconner

johnconner Registered

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Hendrie!
    Great thing! Hope all went well with the permission. Maybe you can post a little bit more here about your work. I'm sure the rF2 community would be happy to get some rally tracks and cars.
    If you have questions or need support maybe you find the answer in one of this subforums: http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/127-Modding. and http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/132-Technical
    If not open a new thread there with your questions.
    If you get the needed permission it would be the best to open a WIP thread for your car('s) here http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/76-Vehicles
    In this community are many people with advanced modding knowledge active.
    I'm sure the can support you with your questions and maybe the one or other will join into your project.
    I dont know your native language but we have here also a french, spain, italian and german subforums. Look here http://isiforums.net/f/forum.php
    I really hope you get your permissions :)

alex

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Question to all modders with expirience in creating tires !! Maybe someone from ISI can make a short statement ?
    Please look above at the qouted question. Is this possible if not is there a other possibility to do this ?

5. hendrie

hendrie Registered

this car is driving nice on loose surfaces rbr physics is on this car

6. hendrie

hendrie Registered

nice track you have johncorner

7. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Excellent!

8. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Have rally and hillclimb in the sim will be mind-bending :rolleyes:

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I have always been into rally... Growing up with arcade rally games and Richard Burns Rally brought me here, really. It was RBR that got me into simracing and I bought my first FFB wheel. It must have been at least 4 years since I last played it, but I installed it today and gave it a go :) Very fun (despite all random ctd's).

I'd love to have point to point races in RF2! It doesn't even have to be gravel to start with. Just a narrow tarmac road in the mountains and a Group B car would be awesome... Although I have always loved snow rally. Maybe because I'm from Sweden :)

I think there are MANY out there that are waiting for a new REAL rally sim...

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just on the topic of Dirt, I've been watching the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing series this past week and it reminded me of Madcowies brilliant ORR mod for rf1 and just how much I've missed it! Would love something like that once Dirt Physics get introduced.

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

If you install the RSRBR Mod you get some nice additional tracks and car's and many tweak's. It is not easy to setup all right specially if you have a triple screen setup (FOV and aspect ratio) as I have but now I'm happy (for the moment).
    The physics are amazing. I love the long gravel stages in England and Australia :)

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Try it out at Targa Florio :) Great track. We had an event there with Lola T280 a few weeks ago, and it was great fun. Really reminded me of a looong rally stage (34 min) :)

Tried out RSRBR 2014 earlier today. Some nice stages indeed. So much new content to try since last time I played this game...
    CamHack can be used to set FOV, right?

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

One of the things that made me choose rF2 instead of other current gen racing games/sims is that rF2 will have dirt physics and rally at some point. I hope it is being worked on, I love me some rallying!

RBR is just too dated, too much of a PITA to get working and I can't stomach it anymore. rF2 [I hope] is the future of rally simulation.

16. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

17. hendrie

hendrie Registered

i have no permissions to the cars sorry
    ill make now rally cars from scratch for rf2 View attachment 11464

rally:lancia gr b

18. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I imported that dwg into a program that i can scale pdf's from to see if i could pull some dimensions off of it but it is not to scale it seems. So I googled "delta S4 rally car scale dwg" and came up with this http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=36676 Is this useful to you hendrie?

19. hendrie

hendrie Registered

wow thx SkeleTele go modeling lol

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Offtopic if you don't use RSRBR ignore this post. Thx :)
    Yes but the disadvantage of the camhack tool is you have to setup it every time again because camhack save no cam positions.
    You can setup the default FOV per Car in the RSRBR Control Panel.
    I prefer to change the values of the internal cam in the ini file of the car the FOV come from your custom default value as explained above.
    You have to do this once for each car session (ini tweaking). Best way is to save a copy with your customized settings and overwrite the original.
    If you have problems with the correct aspect ratio let me no. Since I'm using tripe screen it was a littel bit tricky to get the things running but now all looks fine.
    There are a couple of files to tweak under some considerations. You can setup the default FOV per Car in the RSRBR Control Panel
    For pimp up the look and feel in term of gfx setting use nvi to setup AA and other eye candy's and use the tracks with II in the name.

Hope this helps.