WRC in rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danne26, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Danne26

Danne26 Registered

Hello everybody!

I got some questions about making a WRC mod to rFactor 2!
    First of all would it be possible to have pace notes and stages up to +30 km? (Most WRC stages seams to be around 15-30km long average)
    Secondly would it be possible to have an service area after a couple of stages?

Iam currently devoloping some WRC stages based on the good old Google Earth and it would be beyond nice
    if it would be possible to add them to a mod for this game! My dream would be to have a full lenght rally that you can race...
    But maybe thats insane, when considering the amount of work and the file size etc... =)

P.S Found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnVVy...el_video_title
    Maybe something to pick up again?

Anyway hope to get some thoughts of this!
    //Danne

2. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

3. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Since we're on the subject. Are we going to be seeing A to B races in rF2, or are we 'stuck' (for lack of a better word) with circuit racing?

4. Jux

Jux Registered

As I remember, the A to B tracks where planned for rF2, but I guess that feature will be added as "update" and not in initial release. The WRC stuff for rF2 is the most expected feature for me.

5. Gee76

Gee76 Registered

This is also a response to another thread here titled Rally - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/245-Rally

RBR is still considered the best rally sim after all these years but it is beginning to show its age. I'm working on a mod to bring this game back to life in rFactor2.

There is still a vast amount of work left, and I am trying to get a team together, as I can't manage it on my own and I also think rF2 will be ideal for rallying, the idea of rally stages with dynamic weather is simply amazing and that idea keeps me going.

I have no idea how big the rally community is for rF but if all the modders interested in rallying and dirt racing come together and work on developing a base set of gravel, dirt and tarmac surfaces and the appropriate tyres for this discipline of motor sport, we (modders) then have the building blocks to start making more interesting and detailed rally stage, dirt ovals and cars in the knowledge that when the mod is finished it should feel right on any given surface when using the correct tyres.

This is kind of my goal, to get the stages and cars in rF to feel and behave like they do in RBR and by using RBR as a reference and any other data I hope we can develop these base surfaces and tyres for everybody to enjoy.

6. hendrie

hendrie Registered

hi im hendrie from Holland im nieuw here i can make rally cars for rfactor2

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Gee76 and hendrie fantastic ! ! I use the RSRBR Mod since 2012. I'm not a modder but a technical interested person and I know both platforms (RBR and rF2). I think rF2 could be a real good base for a RBR Mod :). And I'm sure in the
    rF2 community are many rally enthusiasts :) . RBR had also a big and active community. Do you know some guys from rallysim.fr forum ? I ask because maybe it would be interesting for them and what I know
    there are some active mod artists too.
    I really hope all went well and this mod will be true :) Wish you the best. I will follow this thread maybe I can be "here and there" helpful :rolleyes:

alex

8. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

@alpha-bravo, Gee76 posted that video back in 2011 and a quick look at his Youtube suggests that he hasn't released anything since, so I wouldn't be too hopeful.... (though hopefully I'm wrong...)

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Shame because that already looked VERY awesome.

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

OMG I remember getting the gold star time in the school stage felt so good. hahaha. awesome.

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

There's already Route 666, named after me.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I have contact with a couple of manufacturers from present and historic WRC, but I will not go through with licensing until I know we can support or it would be useful to build it. However, this doesn't mean rF1 quality dirt physics, etc, wouldn't work in rF2 in the timebeing.

Point to point racing should still be expected at some point.

13. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Yes please! If RBR could be (finally) matched in a modern sim with all the bells and whistles, I would pee honey, as we Finns like to say.

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

What i know there are to big leagues (rbr.onlineracing.cz and rallyesim.fr) active.
    Since years they provide big leagues. It is amazing what they have done without developer support only with reverse engineering to create every year a ralley mod.
    The RBR comunitiy is big I think many thousands driver all over the world.
    The Idea RBR bring to rF2 is not impossible because many tracks from RBR are created with BTB (Bobs Track builder) and the physics from there cars are known so it should possible to recreate them in rF2 (of course it needs artist with expirience).
    I think it could be an advantage for both plattforms !

Last but not least here is a example that it is possible (of course with the wrong engine :D ). One guy converted over the christmas holidays a track to AC.
    Video and mod are here available : http://www.kegetys.fi/category/gaming/acmods/
    (It is the developer of SoftTH)

I love RBR but to get it running with all the simracer features ( gauges, triple screen, and all the league tools) it is pretty complex to setup and maybe one day it will not possible due some technical limits ?
    I hope really some artists think about it and for ISI it could be also a big advantage because of the big community of RBR.

alex

15. rhs

rhs Registered

I also would welcome rally in rFactor 2! Despite being a big fan of RBR, this game is dated and we need a more modern rally sim in 2014; rFactor 2 could be a good base to start with! Can't wait driving a rally sim with the quality of rFactor 2!!!

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

Rally, point-to-point, hillclimb etc would all be very welcome, especially with the road cars (Cobra, Panoz) coming

17. hendrie

hendrie Registered

18. hendrie

hendrie Registered

i need first to have permision from rallyworld to mod there cars for rfactor2

19. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Is there already some way of modding a car or its tires to make it perform better on loose surfaces?

If there isn't, then any attempt to make a dirt mod is kind of an act in futility unless it's a self-contained entity, isn't it? I.e. can only use that car with tracks made specifically for it.

20. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Also don't forget that tarmac rally is fun too so no need to wait for dirt physics to get started.