Real Lola at SPA video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YoShImUrA, Jun 14, 2011.

1. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Just to give you ISI some reference for that terrific model. ;)

http://youtu.be/SJZ8UYPsL1o

Best regards

PS: I was wondering about the wind noise in rF2. In rF1 you can use the sound slot of the gear whining to use it as such, but unfortunately not both. Is this going to be implemented differently in rF2?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm confused... don't rFactor cars have a wind noise defined? I'm sure they do...

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Maybe yoshimura meant blow off noise or other turbo charger related noise.
    Of course wind itself is played in rf1.

4. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Reference to what? Neither the car(game=fictional 'T70') or track(game=period version) in the video is expected to be released.

5. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

I was not aware that this was properly implemented. I stand corrected, then and hope that in the future, mode modders use it :)

I refer to above's answer.

Oh, surely a GTL SPA converted to rFactor could be used for references of cornering and top speeds to set some references on the car's aero, grip, etc.

6. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Why do they need GTL Spa converted to rFactor for calculating physics on a fictional 1970's sportscar???? The best way to do it would be collecting data-sheets of the cars spec and work from there, and since its fictional they pretty much can do whatever they want with it since they dont need to follow a factual set of info.

7. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Well, it may be more useful if they can get their hands on that kind of data, of course, but both don't necessarily have to be contradictory, rather the other way around. From my experience, getting your hands on proper spec sheets is far from easy.

That video says much of the performance of the car which doesn't necessarily show as apparently as in the regular set of uncomprehensive car specs found all over internet. Then again, I'm not forcing them to use it, just offer it as a piece of information which they can disregard at their will.

Jeez, some people get almost offended when you're just trying to give some help. :)

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I still can't get what you meant talking about a wind.
    you wrote:
    Which is not true.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yoshimura acknowledged that in response to my post, and quoted yours as a courtesy (like "yep, don't worry, I was wrong, don't worry about it").

All done now.

Not sure why you've asked again. Oh well. Wonder how long we can keep this going lol