rFactor 2 Track Progress -- Round 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Michael Juliano, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Andkorot

Andkorot Registered

I think it's Spa-Francorchamps, the configuration until 1983.

2. theother5

theother5 Registered

And + another 1

With a high quality product release, any perceived delays and impatience will soon be forgotten .... word!

And learning a little patience is not such a bad thing. [We have learned most of this lesson I would say !!!]

P.S. Post #61 ... quality!

3. ErikT

ErikT Registered

May be possible. But they have already lunched the 1968 version of it, so I really don't think it's another Spa. But of course, if they got license to make Spa. Why not make many versions?

4. dragon

dragon Registered

When we are able to see some new information on rF2?

5. shum94

shum94 Registered

Scott said that the last track for initial release is 78 % complete. I understand communication is on hold until the graphical engine is complete but it has been in a long time we havent seen something. If every tracks in done except one, why not showing screenshots with track condition who doesnt requiert or would expose much of hdr. I mean on a cloudy day even if hdr isnt implemented, you could show a screen or two...

Why not communicating on the tracks for exemple, publish a list of all tracks for initial release with their loading screens or satellite shots of it whatever.
    http://www.circuito-estoril.pt/pt/multimedia/volta-a-bordo-ginetta/
    http://www.allinclusivetravel.ro/media/1665_Estoril.jpg

This silence is getting annoying...

6. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I long for silence about this. ;P ;P

7. RT1971

RT1971 Registered

Well this coming from the man who complains about WIP shots, :confused:wants images of WIP.
    Just leave them alone to finish the game, then we will all be happy.:)
    I would be happy with track shots that are taken from the just about to be released version.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah it's just not worth it that much showing too much WIP. Lesson maybe learned a bit there. Just really hoped people could see them as WIPs but it seems that doesn't happen much. I guess I am too used to seeing WIPs from the devs I follow personally and more able to see them as that.

We might still release some more WIP shots, but less of them as I don't want those shots to be more prevalent than shots of the initial release version. :)

I've seen some people asking about e3, I don't think you'll see any official presence. Gjon may be there as he sometimes goes to conventions, etc, but I haven't been told about e3 specifically.

Have a good week everyone, will try to get something out this week, even if it's just some nice desktop wallpapers you can use (some were released prior to the initial release of rFactor 1 and with the release of the Sauber: http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/screens/07-06bmwsauber2/ ). They'd be more likely to be renders of cars than in-game.

And the new site can obviously display the full size images without compressing them, see link above. So that should help. :)

9. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Can you make a private section of the forum and only let the cool people in who don't complain? :p

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

lol... Naa... It doesn't bother me in the slightest really as everything that's been said is usually pretty constructive anyway. But I am sure some other people (other forum members, etc) don't take it that way. No point in providing firewood.

11. shum94

shum94 Registered

I asked full hd shots. Taken with full filters. Didnt happened.
    Videos in HD but when we get one it doesnt have sound or full filter...

The latest screenshot of the 370Z and the reactions it provocated is the reason i guess we dont see wip no more.

This shot is bad. Why i wouldnt tell it, even if its a wip.

It was not in hd, it wasnt a great snapshot (the way the car was) and the model was unfinished.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2011
  12. beatnik

beatnik Registered

The shot of the 370Z was akward because it was a WIP Render of the car photoshoped onto a WIP track. Got nothing but time for ISI to continue to work. Don't need updates 24/7. :)

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's difficult, but the best thing to do with shum94 is laugh and move on :D

14. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I honestly don't think he is being rude, I'm starting to realise that he is actually trying to be funny...

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

See? You still don't understand what WIP material is.

WIP material is, for example, a screenshot taken by developer while he works on something. WIP screenshot is focused on some specific feature. Neither it has to be HD, nor with all features turned on.
    WIP material is all about sharing your work progress with community, not about presenting the product.

Fully featured screenshots are promotional material, but it's not our place to tell ISI when they're going to start promoting their product, isn't it?

So the fact is - we're not getting any HD promotional material just yet.
    And the question is - should we get some WIP material in the meantime? I'd say - why not? :)

16. theother5

theother5 Registered

WIP being mis-understood is inevitable I guess ... mostly from unbridled enthusiasm I'd venture to guess though it comes across something poorly sometimes on forums. A little gentle education should not be too hard.

That said, ISI do need to be sensible with what they release and understand the audience here cover a broad span of experience.

I'd love to see some new stuff [WIP] but it's a bit of a minefield in terms of possible reaction.
    Once it's out, it's out of ISI control and ISI can only react to the reactions. [not sure this made any sense! LOL]

That said I do think that most forum members here are sensible enough to self moderate however.

Roll on the release ....

17. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

WIP is not bad, but if community have absolutely no idea, on what stage of work that WIP is or what we should look at, then there might be situations like we had in the past. You know, they showed us Nissan 370Z but didn't comment on them.

Different thing was with tyre wear or video with flat spots. Tim explained what's there (of course I'm not talking about explanations like "this is a car and it has 4 wheels and an engine" ;-) ).

Damn, it might be a wireframe view of a track...as long as there is something interesting to look at :)

18. shum94

shum94 Registered

I moan on the video of spa without sound, yes. It's a wip then we shouldnt see a video until sound can be published too.
    We went from low resolution screen to 720p video without full filters on and no sound.

All i ask isnt complicated, 1920 x 1080 snapshot with anti aliasing x8 and anisotropic x 16
    There is at least one track & car fully done ffs at this point of the developpment.

I'm done explaining my pov.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

shum, I'm afraid that HD screenshot would look just like what we have seen already.
    Because a lot of things are not implemented. Even if I can't believe in this, ISI members repeats and repeats that there is no any road map for this project.

From this point of view I can understand ISI to not show any more WIPs because of disappointment which may raise up after that.
    I'm sure if they would have some stunning screenshot, whet will show it to us.

Simply, currently there is nothing to see, imo.

20. beatnik

beatnik Registered

I understand your POV but you're still not understanding what a work in progress is. I don't see how no one here has seemed to make it clear to you.

work in prog·ress
    "a piece of work that is not yet finished"
    http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn