rFactor 2 Track Progress -- Round 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Michael Juliano, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Maybe we have all the hope that the winner gets a invitation to beta test. hint hint!!! :cool:

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Do you think rF2 hasn't done the same? :)

3. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

It's hard to know for sure since you guys have really said anything about physics yet.

I don't even think we know if rF2 will be based on the feedback you've gotten from professional race teams by way of your rFactor Pro project.

4. beatnik

beatnik Registered

Riverside. Wasup

5. Aaron Carlisle

Aaron Carlisle Registered

As much as I would love to see a professionally crafted version of Riverside, I seriously doubt that it's "big" enough when you compare it to how Scott talks about this thing.

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

It would go very nicely with the 1970's stock cars that was mentioned

7. Nor

Nor Registered

I would love ISI for releasing Bremgarten/Suisse.

8. beatnik

beatnik Registered

Exactly. Dream big.

9. Mila

Mila Registered

Spa.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's already been confirmed (the old version).

11. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Clermont would really fit the older Spa-Version. Has my vote :)

12. Alicatt

Alicatt Registered

How about Chimay tho probably not long enough

13. theother5

theother5 Registered

I have no idea ...now that the 'ring' of off the table ..... but there is another ring that was never raced on .... built just before the 2nd great war ..... hmmmm!

The Wiki list is there to see and honestly, I've not a clue.

I'm still happy to wait for rF2 to be the best release for the sim orientated folks.

When rF2 does get released, employers will surely have large percentages of their workers taking unplanned holiday !!!

ISI ..... Make sure the download servers are well serviced and ready to work!!!

Drool!!!!!!

14. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

I believe so, but the amount of lately information from the Staff doesn't clarify it very well.

I guess you should start the Pre-order, guys. Money is a good fuel for throttle the final stages of any Project.

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

And what they should put under "release date" then? "Have no idea yet"? ;)

16. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Does pre-ordering really make sense if you need to download the game and buy it online anyway??? (not most experienced with this subject since I usually buy games in the stores :p but I think it doesn't help in this case, does it??? )

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Pre-ordering really only makes sense if they give you a game or need funding to complete it. Minecraft let you buy the "broken" alpha for a reduced price and then allowed everyone to work with the author to get it bug free and then jacked up the price for the beta. Point being once he had the cash (and were talking millions of dollars) he hired coders better then himself to help finish the game.

I don't think that would be the exact case for ISI but other startup's can use the model. I have even convinced the Outerra people to give it a shot. An alpha for there engine should be released soon as a purchasable game so we can bug test for literally two years.

18. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

The last track is about 78% done now (I mean last track for the initial release--there will be plenty more to come after that)--it's basically missing vegetation, a few props, and grandstands/crowds. The amount of work that has gone into this is... I can't put it to words. Belgium is 14KM long. While this track is nowhere near that, the details and shear amount of stuff in the confines of the track--insanity :)

The reason for the lack of updates lately, really, is that we've been working on a lot of core features--can't really show that in a screenie. Plus, I really didn't want to show anything else until our new graphic features (Post FX, and some other cool new stuff), that will make us current, are in and looking as they should. That also won't be long I think. We had to put them on hold for a bit as other game related features took priority, but we'll be back to them shortly. So new media hopefully won't be too far behind. Besides, it will give me and Luc a chance to finish off this last track, which is really what we'd like to show next. So, it all works out :)

Someone above mentioned that we haven't said much about physics updates, etc. That's not really my area to be able to explain it properly; but, what I can honestly tell you is that I can no longer play rF1 after driving rF2 with the new tire model, new FFB, etc. I just can't do it. rF2 feels THAT good....

So, we haven't stopped working (just the opposite--working even more now than we were--probably why we've been so quiet :) ), and we are making good progress, and new information isn't too far away, I think. So hang tight--we haven't forgotten about you all. I think 2011 is going to be a good year....

19. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Good to hear a realistic update. Don't know how you came to 78% finished on a track. That would require some severely anal planning and execution to arrive that specifically.

20. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

You are absolutely correct--it does. As Luc can attest, I can tell you, down to the prop or texture, how far through a track's development we are--I'm that AR when it comes to asset creation :p I know when I finish up sponsor banners and such it'll be at 80%, when vegetation is finished it will be at 84%. Grandstands and crowds will put it at 88%, additional props at 90%, reflection set up will take it to 94%, night lighting will put it at 96%, and animated props will finish it off....

How's that? :)