rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazaro1717

lazaro1717 Registered

[​IMG]

Tim, in this screenshot looks like the hands will be animated and will be able to press the buttons of the wheel; is this a feature implanted in the initial release? Or will be implanted later? What part of the animations in the track and in the cockpit will not be able to stay in the beta?

Thanks in advantage and sorry for my bad english

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Up to a certain point the hands remain on the wheel, after that, they will shift to be able to allow further turning. At the monaco hairpin, for example, you can get around and just have your hands looped over (still in the same place on the wheel - but your arms nearly crossed), but if you mess up the turn, you're going to end up turning so much that the animated hands will release and be pulling down on the left side of the wheel to get a little more steering lock. The hands require a bit of work, they don't have the shifting mechanism yet. This is pretty far down the list of things at the moment... I'm sure they'll come back to it.

3. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Tim, will these be a features list for what's in the beta or do we have to find that out by ourself?
    Could be fun though, to let us search for the cool stuff.

4. dragon

dragon Registered

Excuse me, when you will know something more, and when you will be able to disclose us? I want to have some time to accumulate $ 44. :)

5. 88mphTim

Once it is decided to go with it as it is and go open with it, there may be little/no room for notice. I would start trying to get the money together now and hold onto it until needed. Sorry there is no more info.

6. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

Well, Tim - you are a clever guy. rF 1 was a great product, it gave us the simracing in the way we know it, it gave us many other games on the same engine. But nothing lasts forever, and everything has its own timer. rF1 time is coming to the logical end..

To be honest - i think all people here and me of course, we have great respect to you (i mean the whole ISI) for the game you`we done and for the games you will do without a doubt...but simracing community start to go down, because many people are getting tired of never ending 30 degrees and a dry track? of not having proer tires and so on...

And they start to search an alternative - but we dont have it. I`m not blaming you (and i think nobody blames), but rF2 is simply he only real hope for nextgen simracing...and having no info about the release...it`s frustratig.

You are playing the game for a long time, and i understand that you want a level of quality before beta, but for my imo thats not so necessary. We can play and diccuss alphas as well, and you are not so big team not to use it. With the community people can make the game better, isn`t it better to share the game for the whole dev process?

P.S. i was frustrated not by the delay, no. You are inside the team, and you know all the news about rF2. A lot of news every day, because the work never stops. You know how big is the interest to this product. Probably the game is awesome, probably isnt, but in both cases you knoe it. People here and also a lot of who are not registered at the forum, the are frustrated that they arent able to touch the game the want to to touch so much. We are all waiting, but wainting begins to be painfull. I think the best you can make - is to post info about the game progress more frequent.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
  7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You know nothing about main features of state of the art sim released by your company in next month. Do you kiddin' me?
    What you say was not even possible a year ago (especially when referring to physics which is developed for the last 4 years as some dev said). today it's just funny.

8. 88mphTim

That is not what I said.

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Let's look what you did say:

Really, as PR you have no time to answer questions you asked for? A year is not enough?

Really, as dev company member, you have no access to information about features developed for last years, 1 month before release?

Or maybe you said something else, but I understood it in wrong way ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.