rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Um, yes it has... The initial FAQ at the Spanish Web site even said that. You'll need to activate the software online (like rF1), then you can do things offline.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Driver name/personality: Not in the regular single player executable. Modders can do this.
    Feelings: I do, but that's my opinion.
    G forces: It seems to depend on the tire with rF2. You will hear the tires. It sounds about right to me compared to what I heard with real cars.
    Connection to the track: As above, feels good to me.

:)

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I believe there are like 2-3 tracks and 2-3 cars planned for open beta, so that means fat chance for oval, but perhaps "it hasn't been decided yet" :)
    Oval means different set of rules, different speeds and probably different issues with online play, so it sounds like a good idea to put it into beta (and ovals usually have road course aswell), but since open beta is mostly about new modding system it may not look this way from your point of view.

Doh, I just realized - I've probably just became one of these people who talk for the sake of talking or ask for the sake of asking, but what the hell - I'll post it anyway :) Even if question is irrelevand, it's still possible that idea may be considered.

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Having possibility to test oval racing behaviour in rf 2 during beta is probably a better idea than testing it after "final" release of the game...so why not? :)

5. Alesi

Alesi Registered

Will there be a guide how to set the car? technical data - optimal tires temp (for each tire compound), optimal oil and water temp, engine temp, etc..?

6. shum94

shum94 Registered

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

8. shum94

shum94 Registered

yes yes ;)

But don't think i'm german because of my <<< nickname lol

9. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

I've some questions that I haven't seen asked.
    1. Will there be flexing/shaking of aero parts for example? Would improve immersion.
    2. When on a server, when you click some other drivers name in the standings table, it should give you some kind of info about the driver, like the fastest lap he's ever driven on this particular track. On a public server this would give you some idea who are inconsistent. It would be good too if there was some way to see if the guy is prone to accidents. Maybe a link straight to the driver's profile, if there is one?
    3.This is important to me, all about realism. And this is a sim right? So, there should be certain kind of info about the car you're driving in the garage section. for example, I want to easily know what is the lock to lock angle in the real vehicle so I can use the same in the sim. Also other info, if the vehicle has ABS, traction control etc. in real life.
    Is it paddle shift? sequental? All that info should be easily available without exiting the game and digging around.
    4. Telemetry. Telemetry, telemetry, telemetry?

10. Mee

Mee Registered

If there isn't, I'll modify http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1190-CarStat-1.3 as soon as I can to work with rFactor 2...

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wonder what chance the GUI could be modified on the fly for you to bring stuff in live? :)

Telemetry is a question mark for sure, some built in stuff would be great but it seems unrealistic to think they could integrate the same kind of features you find in dedicated software. No doubt there'll be a few Motec plugins floating around at least.

12. Alesi

Alesi Registered

i dont need for rf1, i asked for rf2. your link has no sense, i dont need guide for rf1 only if it will work for rf2). what i ask was technical data of the cars. can u (or your link - guide) say what optimal temp will be in RF2 for rain compounds, for soft and others (i don know what compounds will be in game) also different cars (f1, gt or others) - different wheights - all differents, so there should be diff tires compounds for each of them.
    So my Q in in post 1105 has no A yet. Tim please A for this

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
  13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

read his post again...this time slower :confused:

14. shum94

shum94 Registered

Lol 2 answers for him and he's not happy...

Le monsieur t'a dit qu'il avait fait un outil pour rFactor et que si y en a pas sur rFactor 2, il en ferait un des qu'il a accès à rFactor 2.

15. Alesi

Alesi Registered

im not french.
    u cant read or what? if u think u answered on my Q (i was not asking u), so where is numbers of optimal temp (etc. - 90, 100 degr, 105, 110 or what is optimal) for cars in yours mess????

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
  16. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

every race tyre has optimal temp between 85-90C°

17. Mee

Mee Registered

In the V8 mod it's 100°C...

18. Alesi

Alesi Registered

for rain i think less then 85.. but also there is oil , water temp , engine temp, brake temp ..i don`t want to guess about that, want to know that.. so i ask if ISI make some manual or else with such data

19. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

sorry to ask, if there is already an answer about it. but what about nascar rules ? and more globaly what about safety car behavior, penalties etc. ?

unfortunatly today we can't really use the safety car on rf1. on road races it's not a big deal, but for oval races ... glups, it's a real problem. will we have something new about this or will we have to buy iracing (joke!) ? ;)

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This is exactly how I have found a few leagues too. You see a server with a mod and track you like. If it has a password you Google the name of the server and try to figure out what it takes to join them. Sometimes the MOTD has a link to their webpage or some sort of hint for finding more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.