Endurance race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by terwal, Dec 3, 2010.

1. terwal

terwal Registered

Hello,
    Do you have maintained the possibility of switch driver in race?
    If yes, I have some questions.
    The reconnection will be possible in race?
    It will be easy to reuse a rfactor1 plug'in in the new version.
    it will be possible to do a server plug'in that interacts with the server game?

These questions because we have developped a rfactor plug'in(server) for allow the reconnection when the started race(simulated).

thank you in advance
    Terwal

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

They re working on the reconnect stuff, i cannot tell you if that will be in rf2 release.

3. terwal

terwal Registered

Hello,
    now that the developpement of RF2 is more advanced.
    Could you tell us more on the reconnect?

we continue to do progress our system for play the long endurance race, but I would like know if the rf1 plug'ins will be easy to do work in RF2?
    And how the RF2 plug'ins are evolved?

thank you in advance
    Terwal

4. ajk

ajk Registered

A perfect place to re-post my driver swap/switch post from the wishlist thread. I apologize to double post but I don't want it to go unnotized :)

----

Properly working driver swapping. Endurance races with Mumble/Ventrilo and a friend are extreme fun.

In order of importance

1) Fully functional and reliable driver swap
    2) Automatic driver swap during race in case driving player loses connection to server. Disconnected driver can rejoin the server as spectator/passenger and continue race after next driver swap.
    3) Proper interface for driver swapping: car setup, car selection etc. sync between two drivers sharing a car (in garage). Mismatch warning to prevent game crashes at the pit stop/driver swap.
    4) Passenger acting as simulated pit-wall: ability for passenger to select pit stop parameters for driver during race (decision typically made on pit-wall) allowing hassle free driving for driver on track. Optionally depending on technology level of the car passenger's ability to examine fuel level, temperatures, tyre wear etc. (as shown in in-car menu).
    5) In garage lap times shown correctly individually for each driver (not all lap times shown as they were driven by the driver currently on track)

Sorry if this has been covered. The thread is way too long to be read through quickly.

rF driver swap has a lot of bugs: Mostly related to setups. Despite a truck load of preventing measures taken rF may revert to default setup during (some of) driver swap(s), sometimes at the start too, also once rF used the tyre type in setup not the one chosen in in-car pit menu resulting to wrong tyre being installed during pit stop/driver swap. Setup problems car totally ruin a race. For example I was once completely bogged after a swap because I hit the rev limiter in middle of the main straight due to having default setup all of a sudden or being forced to an extra pit-stop because receiving only the default fuel amount at pit stop (including super softs). Also force feedback problems for other driver. Some games crashes have occured for various (known/replicated) reasons too. I really hope rF2 works properly in this respect.

----

5. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Like Gonzo said, right now nobody can tell you what will and will not be part of rFactor 2 except official statements from ISI. Being a big fan of endurance racing myself I can tell you that ISI is very much aware of the current problems with driver swaps and reconnects. I make sure to remind them regularly. :)

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

We have one reminder for each Topic ;).
    Marrs reminds for endurance, driver swap, reconnect.
    I remind for fps and someone else reminds T and Scott to stop work and visit their families more often ;)
    Haha

7. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Hahaha, you're right! And since recently, we have Uwe to remind them of the different birds (you'll see what I mean once it's released).

8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Bump for driver swaps :)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It will come, probably at the same time as some other endurance and Le Mans (car, we don't have the track licensed yet) content.

10. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Very cool, thanks for the info Tim. Looking forward alot to endurance stuff, with all this new dynamic track and weather it is going to be mindblowing.

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Splendid :)

12. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I like that "yet" :confused: :cool:

13. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Me too! Le Mans racers and circuit de la sarthe...I'll be in driving heaven.

14. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Modern layout or old one is the question???

15. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Has to be the new one :)

16. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Most definitely! :)

Driver swaps. For me, a very important feature which has to be in rFactor 2 and will definitely help sales (I know people who don't want to join in the beta because they want to wait if the driver swap feature will make its return in rFactor 2). It separates rFactor 1 from all other sim titles at the moment if you want real 24h races without having to participate in a local LAN party, hehe. :)

And I'm really into endurance racing. It's my favourite actually.