rF2 : Ways to buy.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pashalis Gergis, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Pashalis Gergis

Pashalis Gergis Registered

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask something , will rF2 be a game that will be sold at stores or the only way to buy the game will be like rF1 ( internet one ). Cheers.

Pashalis

2. dragon

dragon Registered

I have a question how long working on rF2, and when the release date will be known?

3. 3377

3377 Registered

I heard (I don't remember where, and I'm not sure this is correct) that Rfactor 2 will be available, on the net, but also on box edition when it will be out.

4. Joe Stornetta

Joe Stornetta Registered

guys, people have asked this question about a billion times! ISI has not given any clues to ANYONE on when it's coming out. truthfully i dont even know if THEY know when it's coming out.

5. Jeffrey Rietveld

Jeffrey Rietveld Registered

They still expect to release rF2 in 2010

6. brumbrum

brumbrum Registered

I wouldn't really count on that too much anymore.
    In the last update they said they might include another historic track before release, and there was still quite a bit of work to be done on the AI and post FX stuff.
    Would be one of the best christmas presents ever though :D

7. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

I'm just hoping they do away with the current activation system. Nothing like waiting for more activations while your teammates are doing the league race you couldn't start in because you couldn't activate it... (and yes, I know of the work arounds etc.)

Whether that means selling this game via Steam (as well as other methods) is another thing, but once I've activated a game, that should be it. Even if I have to format and reinstall.

8. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

Yeah Steam or Impulse would both be a great way for the activation to work. I say put the game on both.

9. MBuha30

MBuha30 Registered

well, i hope it wont be only on steam, as i've already lost all simbin games from there(+ other games i've bought). my account ended up blocked over one gift game i've received, and steam support wasnt answering my questions over email, but they were saying that i have to contact person who sent me gift every time i've asked a specific question. So i dont have any trust in steam anymore. and i wont buy it over steam, thats for sure...

rF1 way was good. you had 5 activation keys, and as soon as you "spent" your 5th you'd send email, so you dont have to wait for anything next time you reinstall ;)

10. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

just good experience with steam.

In rF1 just backup your trymedia folder and you do not need a second key unless you do major changes with your hardware.

11. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

And that was the problem with rF1, so I would prefer Steam.

12. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

How often are major changes @ your hardware?
    Allowing 5 reactivations is a good choice, you can request new reactivations before you have none left.
    Just some lazy guys which deny all recommendations and manuals have issues.

13. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

Since rF1 release I had approximately 4-6 major changes, you only have to add a new hard disc and you have to reactivate.
    The point is Trymedia is very inconvenient ;)

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

just contact ISI/trymedia when you have 1 reactivation left and not then you dont have reactivations left.

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Since I have rFactor (which is for 3,5-4 years), I have never received any information, how many reactivations have left.

Every time I reactivate rFactor, and did that multiple times, (also many times requesting additional renewals, with success of course) I get "Reactivation Notice for Product rFactor" e-mail with that message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS IS AN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED MESSAGE. ***DO NOT REPLY***:

Dear Customer,

You have been granted a free reactivation (license renewal) for the following product:

rFactor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...but no info about how many still is available to use.

16. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Exactly. From a marketing viewpoint, pre-Christmas release means mucho sales, but post christmas release will mean people may be strapped for cash and it may take some time to get the sales going. I'm pretty sure ISI are aware of this, and will take whatever course is necessary to provide us with a great sim.

Having said that....I'd love to have it for Christmas....LOL