Better in game championship options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Nov 8, 2010.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

One thing that disappointed me with rF1 was the in game championship, it was all in all very basic and I/we had to wait awhile before any decent out of game utils became available.
    So what I'd like to see in RF2 is better integration for offline championships:

1) More control over practice/qualifying/race rules (length of sessions, # of laps, time etc)
    2) Better editing of the Points system (include Pole, Fastest Lap etc), more points for a 2nd race in a weekend, that kinda thing.
    3) Maybe a Drag and Drop style Track choser, ability to add/delete tracks during a season.
    4) Specific AI options: Chose which AI you want to compete, ability to adjust their strength during the season, add/delete AI during the season
    5) Tables to show driver standings, team standings, maybe with arrows signifying drivers going up or down the table after each event.

Probably quite a few more options to come, personally I'd much prefer a better ingame championship as opposed to an out of game util, thoughts?

2. Nightrat

Nightrat Registered

Yes! I strongly support this post. :D

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Also in relation to a better Poinsts system the introduction of Class based points in a race, maybe Points dependent on Laps completed as well, stuff like that.

4. V6_

V6_ Registered

If you go into the rFm folder and open the file of your chosen mod, you may edit a lot of these things that you described here. I suggest you make a back-up because you can really screw over the championship.

Of course in rF2 it should be more user friendly.

5. mantazzo

mantazzo Registered

imo, tv style in rf2 (if it will be) should have more integration, like drivers championship table after race and before race... Well, something like that :)

6. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

compulsory pitstop option

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah I know...thats the point of this thread, to move away from the constant need to manually edit files and have stuff in game in a mush easier/quicker fashion

yeah nice idea, maybe if you drop out of a race you can see the Championship Table "as it stands", that would be cool!

you want the Wishlist thread ;)

8. stiner0931

stiner0931 Registered

YES! Class based points system (for endurance racing, and multi-class racing a la SCCA)

9. SickSquirrel

SickSquirrel Registered

Career-Mode

Hi everyone,

it would be nice to have a better Career Mode.

So this is my vision:

At first you have to choose which type of car you want to drive: Open Wheeler, Touringcar or Offroad.

Then you choose the region you want to start your career ( North-America, Europe, ... )

You start at the age of 10 with Kart-Races. First local races, then continental races.

Then you'll get your first race car from your dad with a small budget.
    You can sign in for first championships, get prize money and offers from sponsors.
    ( it would be cool to start with a bare car, and put more and more sticker from the sponsors on it )

All the time you have to pay for travel costs, tyres, etc.

Maybe you can start as paydriver for other teams in long distance races or somthing like this.

Later when you have first achievements you'll get offers from other teams to drive bigger championship for them.

and so you'll make your way....

But the important thing in my vision is, that all tracks you have in rfactor 2 ( ISI + community tracks ) are visible on the MAP and you can change the used tracks, point system, allowed cars ( all cars you have in rfactor ( ISI + community cars )) distance, etc..

The second big thing is the CALENDAR: If you create a championship you have to appoint a date for every race, and with the rfactor 2 weather system the game would set temperature and weather ( if you dating a race in April in England, the rain probability would be very high with a temperature of about 16°C, and a race in Dubai in August would have a rain probability of 0% and temperatures of 60°C.)

I think this is enough for the first post ever ;)