Want to be a part of rFactor 2 (literally)?

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

I'm pretty certain that next weekend will still be alright, depending on whether or not we'll get swamped by PMs.

2. AndyCTDP

AndyCTDP Registered

I made a few "crowed" photos in front of a green screen years back. Hope I can find them....

3. Nirgal

Nirgal Registered

Do You want also animated crowd? For example 5-6 frames when they wave their hands, or flag?

4. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

If you want, you can send a set of shots. However, this would result in substantially more work to make them loop seamlessly, and not everyone will be able to capture a series of shots. So it's not something we're particularly looking for, at the moment.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

6 pictures sent with different posing!

6. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Cheers for all the submissions thus far :)

7. fastorro

fastorro Registered

This afternoon make fotos for send you! ;)
    //Esta tarde preparo unas fotillos a modo espectador con gorra incluida!

8. elmenda33

elmenda33 Registered

jeje fast, i want to see you xD

// habria que verte xD menudo espectaculo jaja :D

9. Willie

Willie Registered

Ese menda!!!

10. Bladevulcano

Bladevulcano Registered

I think they should dejarde of this kind of nonsense and focus on finishing the game and polish other details. Such initiatives serve only to create work that is useless, people drive when the game is not pending in the face of the people in the audience, take it as constructive criticism ..

11. Michael Juliano

Having people send us good, quality crowd reference so we can create higher detailed crowd textures DOES help us finish the game. We just thought it'd be nice to involve the community while we were at it....

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Not only that Scott but it goes along way to show that ISI care about their community, only a few games companies do stuff purely for their Fans and I'm glad you're one of them, makes the Following Of The Game a much better experience....well at least for me anyway :D

right, now that my lips are far away from ISIs butt its time to play rF1 :p

13. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

Your are absolutely right, Scott. It was a great idea to involve the community with that kind of stuff. Keep it comming guys.

14. Bladevulcano

Bladevulcano Registered

Hi Scott, in reference system for my previous comment, I want to make clear that the initiative we are carrying is a good idea, is to thank you and you want to have good contact with the community. But then it does not seem logical that after the interview with Gjon Camaj said that currently the game is to 48% of its development and working on things ye are relatively important, so you're not going to meet your expectations launch simulator before the end of 2010. Receives a greeting from a fan and sorry for my English is very bad.

15. Michael Juliano

Well, while the programmers work on game features the art team works on both tracks and cars. Track art involves, amongst other things, crowds in the grandstands. It may SEEM not very important, but for the final look of all the tracks it IS important--it's one of MANY things that HAVE to be done. It's actually saving us time because you all are sending us very nice images for the people in the crowd, rather than track art team taking days to gather up reference for it. So, trust me, we are working just as efficiently as we are able :)

And, just to clarify, what Gjon said in the interview was that the chances of the game releasing in 2010 were at 48%, NOT that the work on the game was at 48%. We are actually much further along than that. But we do still have art to finish, features to implement, plus final testing. SO, even if we used OLD crowd art from rF1 the chances of our releasing in 2010 would STILL be at 48% :)

It's just the nature of game development--it's not just one thing that releasing the game hinges on, but SO MANY things that must all come together in order to have a finished product (and final crowd textures are one of them ;) )...

Edit: And your English is fine ;)

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Just wanted to re-quote that bit. :D

17. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I think this is a great idea and can well understand the time spent searching for reference materiel for mods and tracks. There is unfortunately those that work on the "Can't see the point" theory.

ISI as there are many of us that work on mods and tracks all the time I feel sure the community can be of great assistance for much more in the way of textures then just this one. Please feel free to ask. If we can help we will no questions asked. I'll sure I speak for the majority when I say that.

I'm currently a member of two mod groups and I know that both would be happy to help ISI with content in any form no matter how insignificant it may seem to others.

Cheers guy's and thank you for rF.

18. hoover

hoover Registered

This really is a great idea, I'll be digging through my collection over the weekend and will send PM to Tim!

All the best,

Uwe

19. Peter Read

Peter Read Registered

Just sent a few pics. This is an awesome idea ;D

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Time to put on my sunday best.. May submit a few tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.