Rfactor 2 licences [poll]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sommergemuese, Oct 6, 2010.

?

Which Licensing do you want?

1. Trymedia

154 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Steam

68 vote(s)
    22.8%
  3. CD-Key Check/Online activation (Securom)

59 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Another one...

17 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

If you guys would like to bring it on the personal side ... ok ... np !!!

I've never used the word HATE ... please, if you start quoting me ... do it right !!!

There is a big difference between getting nightmares because of a tied down infrastructure to a special distribution platform and hate to the same ... so people like you, who are up and following only one goal to turn meanings up-side-down to provoke a specific reaction make me laugh ... same here with you ... end of story !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010
  2. The Stig

The Stig Registered

Excuse me? You don't think you have gotten personal first?

That was on the last page and is an insult, is it not?

Again, you have made no point at all. All you have done is say that nobody should be allowed to use a system you don't like.

I am sure an impartial person can see the point you have inadvertently made, quite clearly.

3. DHR

DHR Registered

Trymedia or another option would be a good way to go, am sure for us voting for trymedia we would be happy with another system also, as long as it works good. Am sure Steam will be avoided.

4. Squidwert

Squidwert Registered

Trymedia for me I've had no problem's with that option DONT go the stream way

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Go with TryMedia AND steam. Why not? I'd have the game pre-loaded for a week previous and all my racing buddies would be right there. No more hamachi fail.

6. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Serious question, not intended to offend you !!! Wherefore do you need hamachi to race with your buddies ? Reason and circumstances would be great.

Thx
    Frank

7. surfboyrio

surfboyrio Registered

I never open the community tab. But you have VOIP comunication, wich i never used as well lol. Just the simpicilty about patchs is what I love on steam.

Install mods is the same, just need to go on the STEAM folder first instead of the game name nothing major.

The real problem about trymedia is what i metioned on the other post and I reproduce here.

I hope the developers know that there is a NO-TRYMEDIA-CRACK on the web and works perfectly and thats why so many brazilians and east europeans poped out on rfactor coming from nowhere. I must recognize too that many people who own the game but cant speak english or know how to get their key back use this Crack this days.

I love STEAM is the best pcgame platform if I may called that on the web, or the only, im not sure, the others D2Hard sites are just simply eCommerce sites.

Maybe ISI could come out with a Central server that you had to login to play the game at least online, if not to launch the game at all.

Lets BAN ALL CRACKERS from our community

8. Morgul

Morgul Registered

There is an alternative for steam - impulse http://www.impulsedriven.com/ , you dont have to run it to play the games, only for install/buy.

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

First off, I will confirm your suspicions and tell you it is because some of my friends (will not name names) have not bought the game !!!. They are using cracked versions because A) they really aren't the type of people to buy things when you tell them to OR aren't sim fans and face it, how many people are before they play one for a while and B) they only buy games from steam (another reason I am pushing for an rf2 release there). Now since we usually just host a lan regardless of who's playing, hamachi is still the easiest route. No strangers try to join. Ping is fast, no searching through that sh|tstorm of fail that is the current rfactor lobby. And we have all had hamachi installed for previous games like Worms, Arma, Tribes, Warzone2100 and hopefully soon Interstate76(Best driving simulation ever? yes)

[​IMG]

Some of the people I know using cracked rf1 do plan on purchasing rf2.. and I will hold them too it.

If anyone for any reason wishes to discuss these revelations on a faster medium, I keep my ventrilo info in my sig for a reason! See you there.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
  10. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

Why are there so many rapes

11. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Just NO STEAM! Please.

12. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

I would prefer Steam or CD-key check. Trymedia sucks, because when you formate your hard disc you have to reactivate and you only can reactivate rF 3 times :/

13. Squidwert

Squidwert Registered

if you email them they will give you more activations it mite take a day or two but you can get more

14. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

yea I know, but that`s quite inconvenient. When rF2 would be distributed on Steam you only have to activate ist once and just have to log in your account after to play rF2 ;)

15. Omicron

Omicron Registered

Trymedia is goob, but its too easy to crack and cracked games work online. (I'm sick of those 10-year olds in public servers) Same problem with steam I guess. I would like to see system like in LFS or similar to that.

16. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

you should allow multiple choice.

I sould like trymedia, steam -> and pay per month to support continous development.
    5-8$ per month would be a fair deal.

17. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

rF2 would need a backup function for that
    "backup license to file "XYZ" save as....."
    "import license from file"

trymedia+online activation, so a cracked exe would work in offline mode only.
    but damn, rf2 will get a proper ai and offlinedrive will make sense.
    anyway, onlinecheck is the "kick ass" feature to kick out crack-users.

18. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

I wouldn`t appreciate a monthly payment. I would rather pay for the patches instead. Monthly payments would be a big effort.

19. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Hm no need to do it monthly
    maybe 8€ - 1 month
    22€ - 3 months
    40€ - 6 Months
    75€ - 12 months
    150€ lifetime rf2

something like this.
    just calculate, we cannot expect 2-3 years of development + additional content + support + online matchmaking server, etc. for 35 Buchs.
    i founded my own company some years ago, its hard to offer service.
    Think about that ISI /rF has a "small" community compared to nfs-kiddies, ea-kiddies or counterstrike / crysis community.
    racing is very small in comparison.
    just calculate what some programmers cost per month.

just my personal thoughts, in the end its up to Gjon Camaj / ISI

20. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

yes sure, but I would rather see every year a rFactor 2 addon for 20-30€ instead.
    I hate to buy something and don`t be the owner^^

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.