rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Gerdoner

Gerdoner Registered

* Automatic Skin downloads: Have a "Custom Skins" folder for every Mod where you can drop custom skins. If you choose that to go online, it will be transfered via p2p to the other players.

* Realtime weather: Great feature in Flight Sims, why not in Race sims? The sim could periodically download realtime weather informations (METAR, Jeppesen etc) of the track you are on. Would be great for leagues who strive for ultra-realism ;)

2. Vien1

Vien1 Registered

I'd like to have a possibility to make 3 different settings for brake balance in garage setup for example 40-60, 50-50, 60-40 and that I could change my balance with one button depending on what kind of corner is next. Like in F1 when they change the brake balance several times during a lap. That's pretty hard to change the balance in rF1 when you have to keep the button pressed and scroll the balance where you want to. It takes too much time to change balance cause I want to have different balance in slow corners and fast corners. Hope you understand what i'm saying :D

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

In real life they are using knob to change it. I suggest you should do the same.

4. Vien1

Vien1 Registered

But I thought they have 3 positions with that knob: 1 more power forward 2 center 3 rear

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

No :)
    I mean, I have no idea how it looks in a F1 car, but in all turing and GT cars you have adjustable range. Let's say from 70/30 to 30/70 and that range is adjustable with a dozen or so clicks on the knob.

6. Vien1

Vien1 Registered

I mean like this
    [​IMG]
    In the picture it's in middle position

7. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Yeah ...... this would be great. 8)

Within our league we are racing with generated weather based on the real weather. But it's not the same like realtime weather. This would be a great feature for rF2. But then you need a simple weather forcast too. ;)

8. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

I'd also love to have this feature (and real GMT time, btw!)

A sun relative position should be also obtainable if you have for instance the track located by coordinates, as in a GPS? Maybe this will give the devs some ideas :)

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

External, Bind-able Volume controls... With the ability to be analog and for multiple settings (engine, wind, tire) There are too many loud and quiet mods.

10. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I would like to be able to script the logic for idle, revlimiter, and pitlimiter. Currently you can fake what is going on with sound, but the tach doesn't bounce around as it should.

11. elwood

elwood Registered

I've done a search around the forum and i didn't find anything by adding some inertia to free camera, smoothing the mouse inputs.
    Will be great for videos.

12. ajk

ajk Registered

Properly working driver swapping. Endurance races with Mumble/Ventrilo and a friend are extreme fun.

In order of importance

1) Fully functional and reliable driver swap
    2) Automatic driver swap during race in case driving player loses connection to server. Disconnected driver can rejoin the server as spectator/passenger and continue race after next driver swap.
    3) Proper interface for driver swapping: car setup, car selection etc. sync between two drivers sharing a car (in garage). Mismatch warning to prevent game crashes at the pit stop/driver swap.
    4) Passenger acting as simulated pit-wall: ability for passenger to select pit stop parameters for driver during race (decision typically made on pit-wall) allowing hassle free driving for driver on track. Optionally depending on technology level of the car passenger's ability to examine fuel level, temperatures, tyre wear etc. (as shown in in-car menu).
    5) In garage lap times shown correctly individually for each driver (not all lap times shown as they were driven by the driver currently on track)

Sorry if this has been covered. The thread is way too long to be read through quickly.

rF driver swap has a lot of bugs: Mostly related to setups. Despite a truck load of preventing measures taken rF may revert to default setup during (some of) driver swap(s), sometimes at the start too, also once rF used the tyre type in setup not the one chosen in in-car pit menu resulting to wrong tyre being installed during pit stop/driver swap. Setup problems car totally ruin a race. For example I was once completely bogged after a swap because I hit the rev limiter in middle of the main straight due to having default setup all of a sudden or being forced to an extra pit-stop because receiving only the default fuel amount at pit stop (including super softs). Also force feedback problems for other driver. Some games crashes have occured for various (known/replicated) reasons too. I really hope rF2 works properly in this respect.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
  13. ajk

ajk Registered

Another one :)

Ability to save used tyre during test day/practice for later use. Or at least refuel/tyre change should be optional when returning to garage so you could continue driving with the previous fuel load and tyres after setup changes.

Reason: sometimes car handling is good for the first 15-20 laps and then changes drastically due to lower fuel level and tyre wear. Do some setup changes to overcome the problem and you need to drive another 15-20 laps just to find out did the changes work for the problems that were present only at the later stage of the stint.

Simple query when returning to track from garage would do the trick: "Do you wish to re-fuel and change tyres?: YES/NO/CANCEL"

Thanks.

14. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Not sure if anyone asked for this but a built-in Live Timing feature would be great. The plugin based solutions from the community prove to be extremely buggy.

+1 some sort of extra function that would allow switching pre-set values quickly would be nice. Same for the diff too.

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Make the Speedometer deduce the speed by the rotation of the wheels and not the movement of the car in XYZ space

In a real car the transmission feeds the speedo information based on wheel rotation speed and how fast a car SHOULD be going. If you do a burnout most likely the speedo will jump up while the car sits still. rFactor currently reads the speedo as if by GPS where just the whole car's speed is measured across the the surface of the track no matter the orientation or flying through the air and so on.

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Go back to virtualr you Moron!!

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Nice one, I remember thinking it was pretty cool that Viper Racing did it properly, would be a nice touch.

Something missing in rFactor 1 is brake heat transfer to the wheel & tyre, hopefully it's in rF2.

18. Omicron

Omicron Registered

Pushing marshals

Me and many other have been retired from the race many times, because we got stuck on the damn curb! rFactor 2 needs track marshals, who can help you out in situations like this. No need for fancy animations when marshals running towards you and start pushing. (although that would be cool) Just press or tap a button to call for push, like it's currently available, but only in pitlane.

19. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

You can let the AI take over control of your car for a couple of seconds (if the server allows that). The AI always helps me whenever I'm stuck on a curb :)

20. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Me too.