rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Not sure. I have bound all the headmovement and zoom keys to my joystick and they are all analog. But without real TrackIR and massive tweaking options it would probably be difficult. Maybe I will hook up the face tracking software to my webcam.

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm using freeTrack and every movement looks as expected (excepting fov issues)

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

What we're missing is wedge - adding weight to LF and RR but subtracting from RF an LR.

4. Medic

Medic Registered

I also would love to see the addition of some Drag Racing in rFactor it would be great
    to go head 2 head down the strip against ya mates.

5. michael1

michael1 Banned

ajusting the diff when driving

6. endonesia

endonesia Registered

The single biggest issue for me at the moment, is what are we gonna do about the damn cheats!! In my small community we've had 2 now in the last year and a half. It's almost ruined simracing for me now, the thought of losing championships to cheaters...

You can create the best physics and tire models, with the prettiest gfx, and it won't matter at all, if the guy on pole position is cheating.

Simply, I would like to see some built in 'punkbuster' style of anti-cheat built in. Something... ANYTHING, is better than riding bareback.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/704-Is-anything-being-done-with-rfactor2-to-stop-ram-cheats?p=10184#post10184

7. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

I'm with Bleco on this one... Thumbs up!

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Only issue is my paddles are broken so all I can shift with is the H-Shifter. Also what would prevent buttons from being used or customs shifters from being denied by mistake.

Proper clutch support I am all for.

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Surely is too late (or, at least, I hope that be) to asking for fundamental features for rF2 mainly about physics, once the simulator engine must be "closed" at this stage.

But i'd like to see better colisions in rF2. To crash against a tire-wall and fell it like a solid granite or a massive steel wall is not cool. Maybe some primitive or faked elastic collision as LFS has.

Honestly I've already played aroud with TDF's file collision parameters and couldn't see noticeable changes on crashes.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Originally Posted by bleco
    Hi,

can't wait for this title to be released ... will probably be the only real competitor to Iracing (I hope!).

Please work on a solid and realistic car based transmission model physics and clutch support. Presently Iracing is on top of all other available sims in regards of transmission physics. Wish rFactor 2 propose something similar but with the possibility to disable the cars authentic transmission types if we want to. Something like an in game option where we could select to use either the car real transmission type or not. (sequential paddle, sequential stick, 6+1 manual ...). A 'full sim' transmission option that would prevent some non immersive situation like using a H-gated shifter in a F1 car ... And please work on a real clutch support!!

Bleco

iR's analog clutch and ability to have the car in idle while in gear is definately the best transmission model on the market now!!! :rolleyes:

11. makor

makor Registered

slowmo-replaymode would allow you to record fluent slowmos

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You know the down-arrow activates slow-motion in replays?

13. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

One must have backup Zeos... :D
    [​IMG]

14. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

As good as iRacings car physics are ... this is totally unacceptable, you can't even stall a car.

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I also found iRacing's tranny behavior a bit bewildering. Not just the dog boxes but the inability to stall etc.

16. endonesia

endonesia Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/704-Is-anything-being-done-with-rfactor2-to-stop-ram-cheats?p=10353&highlight=#post10353

I'd be willing to pay 40 bucks or so subscription a year to ISI, for them to employ a couple guys to always be tending to an anti-cheat solution and user accounts with a reputation or rating tied to their CC, if that's what it would take. Just so long as I can mod at will like always, and I don't have to pay for cars or tracks unless I want to. Let the kids have the full version as a free offline trial, too. No more cracked .exe's, it's either the free offline version or has the online subscription. Yeah, I said it.:eek: Sounds like iRacing without the suck.:p

C'mon ISI, whatdya think? Talk to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
  17. dragon

dragon Registered

Do you think, they are reading this? I don't think. ;/

18. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

Well, if you weren't a bit bewildered, then you probably didn't understand it. :)

Last time I drove the skip for example (dogbox), this was it:

1. With brakes on and/or a small amount of throttle it downshifted spontaneously through all gears i.e. as soon as you moved the shifter.

2. Through gears 5->4->3 it'd shift spontaneously with no throttle nor brake.

3. Gears 3->2->1 required either (1), or you held the shifter to preselect and then blipped the throttle.

So sometimes the shifter just shifts and other times you're invited to 'imagine' it's a preloading device that moves after you unload the transmission (but err..doesn't). The inconsistency is not only poor for immersion but if you're not consciously aware of exactly what you're feet are doing it can lead to disappointment! ;) Part of the problem is not having FFB hardware to inform your actions. My general feeling was: yuck! Although, some really liked it.

19. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Until the game designers/makers design and sell specific hardware dedicated to the sim, we aren't going to be able to have a realistic transmission model simple as that.

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Please Bind the sound direction to the head movement/position. In rf1 if you put free look on and look right the audio of other cars and such still goes to the Left and Right channels based on the cars orientation not the in-game head.