rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Or better, to define single track with a few optional start and finish lines. Such configuration could be selected after selecting a track.
    The same about starting lights sequence. Various series have different sequences (for example in F1 red lights are lit one by one, and after that all lights are switched off which indicates start of a race).

All is about to have the same track layout (geometry) and a few configuration of behaviours.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

V8Supercars have this aswell, as they push forward for an Up lift a tiny button disengages the drive for a milisecond allowing a change of gear. Agreed that would be cool!

3. Malik

Malik Registered

I dont know if this has been said...but here is my list.

1) Cockpit Adjustments for Anti-Roll Bars, Differentials, Wings (for F1 cars)

2)Better cockpit Pit menus. For example when you get damage, a simple YES or NO query can pop up asking if you want to fix the damage or not, and possibly give you an estimate at repair time. Add fuel to that same type of menu, so a pop up might say "FILL FUEL TO END?" YES or NO, then if you pick yes it would overide the pre-race fuel fill numbers. If NO it would stick to pre-race numbers. I just think that it would be a lot easier for on the fly decisions.

3) get rid of that awful 35 second adjusment time limit once the game goes to race (if that is adjustable now please tell me how!!!)

4) When modding .INI engine files, be able to make an effective time-based push to pass option. So as you push to get more engine boost, an internal clock can count down till its at 0. Right now the only way to penalize somone from using to much boost is engine wear or fuel usage. This would be effective for KERS and for Nitros.

-Malik

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
  4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Agree with Malik. I forgot about this, but wanted to write also.

- time for drivers to appear on starting grid before race should be adjustable.
    - when you going through adjustments in pit menu in the race, you should be able to see estimate pit time. Tires only, fuel only or both, different repairs - all this options must give you estimate time for pit while you adjusting. I can not think of a situation in major racing series when a driver and his engineer do not know how long pit stop will be. In rF we are "blind" in this aspect. Estimate time of pit stops should also be in a strategy menu in setup.

5. KDSR Wing H8a

KDSR Wing H8a Registered

Display Mod name on dedicated after dedicated is launched - Have multiple dedicated servers set up by many people on our server. If possible, It would be good to have the mod name displayed on either the dedicated's "Game Information", "Select Events To Run" or "Events Options" screen as there is no convenient quick way of checking which mod is on which server (if there is a way and I am just not seeing it I would love a reply from anyone!)

Thanks
    James

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Just name the server session in field "Race name" to know what you have running.

You can create more profiles for dedicated server (directories in UserData with required files). While running dedicated, you can chose profile you want.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
  7. KDSR Wing H8a

KDSR Wing H8a Registered

Thanks for your reply,
    I should of said 'other than adding mod name "Race Name" field' as we use the "race name" already to post our www. and just add a number sequence to differentiate our servers, but with multiple people putting multiple servers up, its hard to quickly work out what mod is on what server number.

We already have multiple profiles and use them.

Thanks for your attempts to help

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I believe everyone is entitled to want whatever they want. Doesn't mean anybody gets it, doesn't mean they don't. I don't see the issue with any suggestions whatsoever...

9. prunn

prunn Registered

penalties for crossing the white line on pit exit
    possibility to force sequential shifting for some cars(ex: f1)

10. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

A spinner for the Helmet model/skins.

11. AndreasT

AndreasT Registered

A few points from my side, risking that I have overlooked something similar somewhere, so sorry in advance. ;)

* if rfm file will also exist in rF2, add the option to take parameters from rfm instead of other files that normally override rfm; e.g. in rF1 the track's gdb defines qualification sessions which are different for various racing series. Track makers focus on a particular season/series and you may have to (ex-)change the gdb frequently, which I find quite annoying.

Some AI stuff:

* please improve AI behaviour under full course yellow, especially getting all cars in the correct order (big issue in rF1), maybe also improving acceleration/braking behaviour behind the safety car
    * now under FCY AI of same team may pit in the same lap, therefore crashing into each other and causing a real mess in pitlane
    * apply blue flag to AI (maybe dependant of racing series) as well and make it easier for human AND AI drivers to overtake other AI cars 1+ lap(s) down
    * if AI leave the track for whatever reason let them rejoin the track more safely/slowly; now the will just hit full throttle, spin like crazy, and spoil the race completely
    * if possible do something that improves AI behaviour at the start of a race; they are just too aggressive and risk too much (I know this point is difficult, but with damage on 75+ % it's extremely difficult to survive the start without suspension damage etc.)
    * just an idea: add another waypoint parameter which modifies overtaking probability maybe interacting with an overtaking aggression value in the talent file

* would be great to have animated track marshals waving e.g. yellow, blue or other flags and a guy waving the white, black, or chequered flag at the S/F line (I know that's not really importand but would help to make the tracks appear less sterile)

12. shum94

shum94 Registered

Megane Trophy doesnt need a lift, its not only F1 Slim

13. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Nice point. I'm always wondering, what is the reason for providing such things in gdb? That's what we have rFm for - to define series specific conditions!

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

a whole 'Simplification' of the various files is whats needed, same thing goes for the AI....too many options in too many different files when they could/should be in just one or two areas. A bit of a clean up is in order me thinks!

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

My biggest fear is that by "cleaning up" and simplifying they could loose some of the customization options you have in rF1. Even mirror FOV is editable if you look hard enough in the PLR file. In fact there is so much to modify in various files I was going to make whole thread on "decoding rFactor" explaining what does what and where, but I couldn't piece it together in a coherent enough sense!

16. SandroX

SandroX Registered

I wish beter protection from pirates!

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

You know what.. I had a great idea!

Legitimately buy the game.. Everything works as it should.. Illegally download it. Keys don't match etc etc.. Have massive ads on all load screens. Don't want to see the ad's? Buy the game.

18. brett22

brett22 Registered

A few ideas; Instead of turning things on or off or switching between low, med or high, the implementation of 1 - 100 sliders wherever possible for everything, from traction control to fuel usage to graphics settings, would ensure the user more precise control over all in game parameters (obviously things like auto to manual clutch would not apply). An option to do this with the adaptive AI speed control(the way they slow down and speed up to match your race pace) would be extremely handy. Infact the more detailed and comprehensive control we have over the AI's behavior the better placed we are to deal with any unforeseen rf2 AI issues (people could even post settings for workarounds). In my opinion the most important AI option to include would be the ability to tighten or spread the field. I believe this is vital to rf2's offline success. If you want close racing you can have it, if you don't want to drive around bumper to bumper the whole time you don't have to. Other important AI options may include the ability to; control the likely hood of AI error, define AI strengths in practice, race and qualifying independently, alter there grip levels and cornering speeds and even change there setups and race strategy (nothing worse than fighting tooth and nail for an important race win only to see the entire field pit on the second last lap behind you removing any sense of enjoyment, realism and competitive spirit from the entire experience) Forgive me if I display any lack off confidence in ISI's ability to deliver a credible AI system, I'm sure they have developed numerous AI improvements in the past five years, but the offline mode revolves around the user who should be able to completely customize there own racing experience. Ps please don't rush it out to appease the impatient ones as they will be the first to complain if it's not right..........Good luck.

19. AndreasT

AndreasT Registered

Well, adjusting graphics details in 1% steps will probably cause most track creators getting grey hair. I'm not sure if you really need such a wealth of tunability, 1, 2, ... 10 would do the job imho. Concerning the AI tunability I think most option already exist, maybe not in a way convincing you (or anybody else). However, AI in practice sessions are a bit annoying as the will drive much faster in the beginning compared to the race. And in qualifying (maybe depending on whether parc ferme rules are applied, as someone told me?) they will only make fast laps in their first stint and then drive awefully slow laps. I'm quite curious if there will be different options how to configure qualifying sessions. As F1 fan I wish of course different options including 3-fold Q sessions. ;)

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

In races that allow various Driving Aids have icons in the Pit Menu that show what people are using which driving aids.