rFactor 2 Track Progress

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Michael Juliano, Oct 5, 2010.

1. shum94

shum94 Registered

Tim we are near the beta, and near 2012. Can't we have communication of the progress made. In this thread for exemple, to be in the subject, i remember that sometime ago Scott made a progress report about the tracks.

It has been a while now, what sup since !?

Cant we have the list of the tracks who will be in the beta and why not lets be crazy a list of the tracks who will be in rF 2 v1.0

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Scott is too busy.

The beta should have a track yet to be announced and content isn't final. So we can't do that. 1.0 isn't finalized as far as content. So we can't do that.

3. DeDios

DeDios Registered

OT have you seen this?

can be a really useful program for to build lot of things during tracks creation :)

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

DeDios!!!! Amazing find! I just downloaded the software and took just 27 photos (with my iPhone 4) of a room and was blown away with what it was able to put together. I can only imagine what it could do with higher quality photos and more of them from more locations and angles. This software is mind blowing. As a developer I am probably more amazed then some. I am truly blow away.

Thanks for sharing!

5. DeDios

DeDios Registered

No problem :D when i saw that video i immediately thought at this thread. Looks stunning.

6. knightyc

knightyc Registered

tim will the beta be before xmas id hate to miss out when my pc is shipped over to the usa I wont have it for 8 to 10 weeks then an no way would rf2 work on laptop lol

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

In the blurb about the Grand Prix video this was said: "We hope those of you who will want to participate in the open modders beta testing period are almost ready"

Well its over a month later, are we actually close to the beta?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Of course! We're over a month closer!

9. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

DeDios, thanks for posting that video, looks like a great bit of kit!

10. John DiFool

John DiFool Registered

In the same way that Achilles is closer to the tortoise, no doubt. :D

11. 88mphTim

Yes. We get closer every second. Main issue over the last month has been the fact that payment and user creation has had issues (which we think are close to all fixed thanks to the community helping Gjon by making test transactions from some other locations). Without a user, the software wouldn't work.

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I hope everyone here will agree that securing payment information trumps a speedy release any day. That said.

[​IMG]

13. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

Love that show!

14. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Back to tracks...

Long long time ago, back when I was young, cars were loud and trees were tall... Gjon and SRT were discussing animated objects in rF2 and mentioned a video of cows eating grass by the track side or something like that.

Tim, can you please find that video in the archives and dust it off for us to enjoy?

15. 88mphTim

Some of the anims are so funny! But, honestly, I really don't want to spoil some of it... You WILL eventually find yourself on the wrong side of a fence or something at Spa (with damage off) and having to find yourself a gateway to get back to the track at some point, and driving through fields of horses or cows can be pretty funny. :) I don't want to spoil what some might consider easter eggs. :)

16. shum94

shum94 Registered

I dont remember any discussion about animated pit crew. I know about pitting out guy indicating pit out but what about tires changes, is it in yet ? If not will it come ?

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

if theres animated horses & cows I should bloody hope they had animated Pit Crew done first!!

18. 88mphTim

It's a very small amount of work to do a Cow compared to a crew. It's fuel is always in the same place. :) It is planned, however, but it's something that requires a lot of work to adapt to the different car tire, visor, wing and fuel locations.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hehe yeah fair point, I can imagine the uproar if the animated tire changes hands are merging with the wheel so it looks naff!
    Hopefully the community can build on animated stuff like this too.

20. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

But you've implemented a standard crew? At least I heard that there is something like mechanicians in the pit lane^^