rFactor 2 Track Progress

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Michael Juliano, Oct 5, 2010.

1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Didn't you seen one? There was a screenshot with a new car.

2. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

You people are the reason devs stop talking on their own forums.

3. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

Most companies share things from their game development with the community, because firstly its good marketing, secondly they can work with the community together and can improve their game with help of the communitys feedback ;)

4. WiX

WiX Registered

i guess not shiring anything is safer. Its nice to see progress, but 70% of commenter's just use previews to show their jealousy or frustration by trolling over any unimportant detail. Trying to convince the world that their vision is the right one. As a modder i know how demotivating such trolling can be for a team. I can only imagine how frustrating this would be for a commercial project. I am exited about every preview, but i can understand the choice for not giving out to much development previews . Allot of people dont understand the concept of WIP. And that way it would harm the marketing value.

5. 10speed

10speed Registered

All in all if you take a look at the previews/WIP-impressions from an impartial point of view it's not impressive. And that's the problem, most previews focused on showing the progress in the graphics department (cars- and track-wise). Obviously rfactor2 won't be on par with Shift 2 regarding this although current status is WIP as we are told again and again. But there is also a huge number of features a simracer can only dream of (driver change, user interface, setting up the cars, modding tools), which won't be supported by any other application. However, all these things add together to create the rfactor-experience but cannot be used to create breath-taking preview videos. ISI could give us a few (updated) insights of rfactor features or at least show a sign of life.

6. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

That´s a bit of an exaggeration imo.
    If you read this forum most of the reactions are positive and most of the people do understand what WIP means.

Its in human nature though, to always focus on the negative side, i guess,
    making it seem more important then it really is.

I doubt the community reactions are the reason for the lack of news lately anyway.

I myself like to think, they are trying hard to get the next big features to work,
    before showing anything again. :cool:

Im sure ISI wants to show us their progress,
    but you cant show, whats not there yet.

I agree though,
    the communication with the community could be better right now.

It´s one thing not to show preview matieral,
    but its another thing to completely ignore your own forum for months.

LOL
    ok, new preview video was posted, while i was typing this,
    nevermind :p

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

Most of the criticism is constructive criticism. There really is no use in everyone going "thats super!" all the time. Constructive criticism is going to perhaps point devs in the direction of what we - the products buyers - want and to give feedback and advice to.

8. dragon

dragon Registered

do You remember this, Tim ?
    and then You've written:

what hapen, but I have hope that don't be an asteroid :p

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

on the other hand you are still around, so it isn't too long for you after all???

10. shum94

shum94 Registered

Well the waiting is nicer when previews are showed no ? Plus it seems someone at ISI found the Catalyst Control Center pannel and set anti alaising & aniso on the last preview.

11. dragon

dragon Registered

how you can see it isn't too long, becouse it is november, yet ;/

12. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Poop!

I was hoping for a new update, not a bump of an ancient thread. :(

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What are you pointing out? That I'm not wrong yet? :)

14. dragon

dragon Registered

yes, but nearly is December so should be game, so soon, You can to prove this some of WIP? :)

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm not really sure I have to prove anything, actually. :)

16. the_last_name_left

the_last_name_left Registered

I think there's potential for a sociology thesis on "forum decorum". Crikey. The dark underbelly of real life.

I'm imagining Cadbury's launching a chocolate bar via forum. God, what would it be like? Peanuts???!!! OMFG I hate peanuts!!!!! Use loganberries, you fools!!!! Not peanuts!!!! And not those rubbish English loganberries!!!! Scottish ones!!!! Picked after a sharp frost, mind!!! But I hates Loganberries! STFU what do you know about berries???!!! On and on.....lol.

Wow. Must take a thick skin, and such considerable patience. I couldn't do it. Me, I'm basking in the patience that's come along with the loss of yoof. Thank god. I used to rush to the postman every day waiting for my copy of Dig Dog to turn up - for my Oric1. haha. Boy did the postman get it.......

Kids today, don't know they're born.

Imagine waiting 6 months for this rubbish?

[​IMG]

17. doug484

doug484 Registered

I had to sign up on this forum just so I could turn on the Ignore for a few people. When did society devolve like this? I've been a computer tech for about thirty years and there are two constants: First, the further removed you are from face-to-face communication the more rude people will act, and second, computers change very quickly but people never do.

As a member of the silent majority - I think the WIP previews have been very interesting, and I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

+1000

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Hahaha.. I love that quote! :)

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I wouldn't ask for that. Last time I did that my reputation mark has changed a colour and Q&A thread had closed. Maybe some one finally got point that there were only Q and no A. But how can I to be responsible for this...

However, you have been warned ;)