rFactor 2 Track Progress

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Michael Juliano, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

@ Scott.... I've been told from people on the inside that the new gmt's will be a bit different..
    and i think i remember some modding tools installed in the game.?
    if not, will you be sending Dave Noonan the files he needs to start working on the next version of 3Dsimed.?
    last question.... are the tracks still using the same format, scn, gdb, tdf.. or has that changed a bit.?

2. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Well, *I* said the gmts are going to be an updated format, yes :p and at least one screenshot has been shown of the modding tools (which include the latest AIW and camera editor, plus a bunch of new tools) if I recall correctly. That said, I'd think if Dave contacts Gjon that they can work something out at some point (either before or after release is not something I can determine--that's up to Gjon)...

The tracks do use the same basic format such as .scn, .gdb and .tdf, although even those files have new elements that will need explaining (which Luc and I will cover post-release)...

3. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

Great.... Thanks for the answers.... need any help.? ;)

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I've got it. This is whats missing from rFactor.

The Millbrook proving grounds in the UK.

Part 2

http://www.millbrook.co.uk/Page/Home

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2010
  5. dragon

dragon Registered

I am writing here because I feel that only here participate admin this forum. I am deeply convinced that rF2 will be the best simulator, but I more and more doubt that I will play this game in this life. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

6. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

"If I'm wrong, please correct me."

Well, you're wrong

7. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I bet you ll change your oppinion in 2011 ;)

8. dragon

dragon Registered

2011 will be very long, well it could be December 2011 ;/ what is too long for me

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

mostly a year has 365 days ;)
    if you want precision, i cannot help you ;).

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I also said other words along with the year. As soon as we're able to ship, we'll ship, and unless the ISI headquarters is hit by an asteroid I don't see you having to wait as long as you're saying.

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

I think a lot of us would be happier if we had some more info on RF2 - tracks, cars, features etc. Some of us are scratching our heads wondering why you arent telling us more, or regularly releasing screenshots for publicity (or to shut us up)

12. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

Take the time you need. It will be worth the wait.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Usually you release for publicity when your product is looking as it's probably going to upon release (or close to it). There's really nothing to worry and/or scratch your head about. It's just still in development. The screens you've had so far are development updates.

14. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

I would rather them keep a little quite on what is going on.. As everybody knows what happend to Codemasters with all the hype they gave their game, F1 driver lying about how it drives..
    was the biggest disapointment of the year.. it seems the more you talk about how good your game is, the bigger turd it's going to be..
    I do not want rF2 to promise things it will not produce just to sell units... Everybody knows what is coming, and what to expect.. they have goals to reach, and the community expects the nothing but the best..
    we all know, there will be bugs they overlook, no matter how hard they try to get them all.. rF1 was a basic Beta when released, and with the help of the community, it was turned into the best modding platform in Sim Racing History.
    i'm sure the released of rF2 will be something that all Racing Game Devs will be having a look at to see where the next step of sim racing is headed.

15. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Registered

I think the good folks at ISI have already given the community MORE than I, at least, could expect from them in terms of preview and wip info. Although no software product gets released without bugs, ISI is one of the few companies I KNOW will work on polishing theirs until it shines. rFactor 1 is clear proof to that.

@ Slimjim: it looks like the Enduracers modding team is not very happy about the things revolving around the F1Classic forum, on which you seem to be a proeminent figure. Things specifically related to unallowed conversions and ripping other people's/groups work and releasing it to the public. Your GPL conversion, for example, is well know for that.

That being said, I don't really know how you can seem to ignore those facts when showing up here (for one) - the home of one of the greatest true contributors to the simracing community, showing interest about your next favourite (ripping) platform.

Thumbs down is an understatement.

16. lightspeed

lightspeed Registered

Ya figured as much, it definitely didn't seem like you guys were ready to release in 2010, oh well, hope it won't be much longer...

17. dragon

dragon Registered

on the other hand, you can understand it so that it comes not long rF2, to 2011 remaining less than three weeks: D

18. xTr3me

xTr3me Registered

isn`t there any new footage?^^

19. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Registered

I'd much rather they focus on development and final testing than endlessly answer questions about when it will be released and providing WIP evidence which will immediately be picked apart, even though it is not final.

Let them do their work and be happy when it arrives.

20. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

I've got to tell you, we're all REALLY busy now with the holidays coming up and all. I'll see if I can't put together SOMETHING for you guys over the break, but no promises--depends on how much work I have and if things are in a state that we can show something...